Are there any of you left?

Krazygoth

Krazy is my name and Goth is my game
I know VMK closed down a year and a bit ago, but i'm sure nobody has fully forgotten about it. I'm curious to hear your views about it closing down a year later and whether it has afftected you or your entertainment.

My view.
Where do I start?
I joined VMK, when I was nine. I felt like the happiest kid alive, honestly. I used to spend hours on it, with real life friends and friends I had made online. I used to rush home from school, log straight on and save up for those christmas items or halloween costumes. I had something to focus on I guess. Then it closed down when I was twelve years old, yeah it shocked me but after a year I have manged to move on abit. I haven't found another site like it and I guess it would of been nice if I could of stayed in touch with all those friends I made but I missed the deadline. The site was brilliant, but if it was still here the impact it would have on me wouldn't be as deep. I'm thirteen now and there are bigger things happening. But I haven't forgotten about the buzz I got from talking to people from around the globe or the fact that I was in a virtual fairy tale. Disney has always been a passion some way or another but i'm not one of those kids who's families are swimming in money and can just spend money on a holiday. I'm one who finally felt at home with all those kids on there. I felt like I didn't need to go to disney land to experience it? I know now i'm more grown up so I see the consquences, but it would be nice if young children like I was, who had problems, could experience something good in life. But it's gone now.

BTW, i'm not a goth any more. Nor am I nine. :L

well seeing as my name is vmkaddict.... i would still like it back

I think alot of people do?
I'm only saying; it wouldn't make the same impact on me now, as it would of when I was nine.
I'm just, shocked that a site with so much progress, so much passion and so many members just close down like that and people still be wanting it back a year later?
I really want to go on it now, loved seeing those little avaters. :worship:

I still miss VMK. I have managed to remain in contact with about half of my friends from there, but even so, it is rare that we chat as much as we used to. I've been from game to game and nothing seems to work out. In the past year, I had found 2 games that I was settling into but ended up leaving both because of safety issues. MMOGs are still my favorite form of entertainment, but I definately view games and the people that I meet in them differently.

I remain a fan of Disney, but refuse to play anymore Disney games. I have returned to the Disney parks once since VMK closed, and that is less frequent than I used to go. The magic and excitement during that trip wasn't the same as it was before. Plus, I definately don't purchase as many Disney movies or games as I used to.

Im having a nostalgic night I suppose and decided to pop onto the DIS and take a look around. I do miss VMK. We had alot of fun and made alot of online friends. I still play online games, but VMK will always be the game that makes me smile when I remember it. For those interested, SorcMickey and I are still together after all of these years, and still madly in love :-) I am still friends with Yavn, and we talk every few months. I've been to Disney a handful of times since VMK closed and all of those times with SorcMickey. I may not be as bitter as some at the closing of VMK. I had already left the game and I understood why it was closing but that doesnt mean that I dont wish it were still there to pop onto and stand on main street and look for hagen hiding behind the popcorn cart or trying to get in the last word before closing! I hope this post finds you all well and I wish you the best in all you do.

Bella princess:

I miss it dearly.

I miss all my friends, as I don't have any contact with really any of them once the game shut down.

I miss all the DIS members and the VMK forum.

:sad1:

I still miss it a lot, too. I have been on so many games since then and none of them have the same appeal that VMK did. I was totally addicted to VMK. There was always something to look forward to and so many friends to play with. The other games I could walk away from and never look back. VMK was the greatest. :lovestruc

Wow im surprised so many people have replied!
Anyways, I still miss vmk just as much as the first day without it. I got on everyday, my life was just "Eat, sleep, gymnastics, vmk" More vmk than gymnastics heh. It was just an escape from the real world and every person I met was so nice and friendly. It felt much easier to make friends with complete strangers and to be yourself on there. I love the clothes- I wish I could wear a little princess outfit and cow boy pants every day. Vmk was the best game, I've tried a couple of others but nothing ever can compare to vmk. Vmk had something for all ages and personalities- you could trade, or design rooms, or create your own music, or play games, or just walk around Disney and chat with your friends. No other game is really like that to me. It wasn't a game- there was no way to "win". It was just a community to me, and my favorite one at that. I wish for it back every day.

Sigh...

Yes, I still miss VMK a whole stinkin' lot.

I've had two dreams about it reopening, actually...

My dds and I really miss the game. When my dd, dlandchick, was 11, she was diagnosed with leukemia and our vmk friends were so supportive. She couldn't go to school for 9 months, and her contact with the germy outside world was minimal, but there was always a friend waiting on VMK.:grouphug: Her sister, peanutpoohbear/sesamestreetboy, could always find company when the rest of the family was dealing with the logistics of 2 1/2 years of chemo.

VMK was a life-saver for us. We'd still be playing if it were around. None of the other games we tried captured our interest like VMK did. We even miss KingQuackAttack's nightly gas emissions during closing.

I would love for my Smackeralchick avatar to be sitting in my Halloween Everest room, riding an Everest car past my lanterns, pumpkins, candy cauldrons and ghost trees. Cries:sad1: Or closing in AmberDaze's Amusement Place room. Good times.

Smackeralchick

VMK wasn't just another online game like so many others out there. VMK was a Community. Most people including me miss VMK. It was a world where friends could just have fun. Where people could just be them selves without anyone being mean to them. It was a Great Experience for anyone of any age. I have tried almost 20 online games now and none can even come close to the fun and feeling of being at home as VMK did. VMK was the one and only Virtual Magic Kingdom and will always be missed by many.

-Shadowkevin

Sigh...

Yes, I still miss VMK a whole stinkin' lot.

I've had two dreams about it reopening, actually...

That reminds me of this time when I had this dream that the Tiki Room went back on sale again and I was really MAD because it was a rare room and all that.. this was after VMK closed, btw. :thumbsup2

I miss my VMK :( and it should come back..

No game can compare to VMK (other than Kingdom Hearts.. but I don't count that because it's neither online nor a multi-player game.) One time, I snet a "Contact Us" thingy requesting a Kingdom Hearts month soon after they did the Tron month thingy. It never happened.. but I had a dream about it happening lol. They put Sora :lovestruc in the game and had Keyblade magic.. it was pretty sweet, but it was just a dream. :sad:

I do miss VMK, but I suppose I've moved on better than some other people might have. I still love Disney (probably now more than ever after becoming employed there) and none of my views on Disney have changed since the closing of the game. However, It would be nice if VMK was still an active game -- it was a lot of fun...especially the pirates game :)

My DD princessmadiro princess: STILL misses VMK! She talks about it everyday and wishes it would come back. She holds on to faith, trust & pixiedust.pixiedust: There is NOT another online game out there that even compares to VMK in quality! princess has tried every online virtual world that has been created! She felt so much at home in VMK. She isn't able to get out into the real world very much especially in the winter because of germs so VMK was her way to escape and her outlet for creativity. She is a true disney princess princess: so it was her way of living in disney everyday.
I would pay for VMK to come back just for my little :littleangel: and see her happy again.

I quit about a year before it closed down, but would pop in every so often to say hi. I wasn't into the games that much, just hanging out with my fellow dis'ers.

Coriander, BobRichmond, Surferrat, Aengus, and so many more, I have missed you guys.

Yes, this time of year we would be anticipating the Christmas decorations arriving. Hopefully the rotting pumpkins would have been put away, not like the first year of VMK when they stayed well into December.

Anxiously awaiting that Thanksgiving Day quest so I can just mule my life away to get those pixels for the peeps who could not get on. Ah the memories. Good Times.

Wishing all my VMK friends the best for the holidays you are all missed. What we should do is have a VMK reunion on a game. Hmm that is an idea. Lets hold a VMK reunion. We will find a day in December and meet.

I have been playing SmallWorlds when I get a chance. A little bit of real life has tied me up some. I will post a note see what kind of response we can get. Hopefully something for the Holidays. :)

Yes, this time of year we would be anticipating the Christmas decorations arriving. Hopefully the rotting pumpkins would have been put away, not like the first year of VMK when they stayed well into December.

Anxiously awaiting that Thanksgiving Day quest so I can just mule my life away to get those pixels for the peeps who could not get on. Ah the memories. Good Times.

Wishing all my VMK friends the best for the holidays you are all missed. What we should do is have a VMK reunion on a game. Hmm that is an idea. Lets hold a VMK reunion. We will find a day in December and meet.

I have been playing SmallWorlds when I get a chance. A little bit of real life has tied me up some. I will post a note see what kind of response we can get. Hopefully something for the Holidays. :)

That's a good idea. I'd glove to go to a vmk reunion.

So many familiar VMK names :)
I miss VMK and the wonderfull people I met!
:wizard:
(aka RealLab_girl)

For me, nothing will ever come close to replacing VMK. I would love to be a part of a VMK reunion. Let's make it happen!

I miss all of ya! LTNS Lab. Hope you all have I wonderful thankgiving. And remember, The_Jedi_Master will be with you. Always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!