Are the Reservations Are Going To Stay Forever?

Really? How do they do that?
Ah, I need to say this gently: 1 day tickets, Multi-day tickets, California Resident Tickets, etc.

(Sorry. I'm guessing you've been so focused on Magic Keys that you've forgotten about the standard ticket types? I hope you get your Disney fix soon!)

Ah, I need to say this gently: 1 day tickets, Multi-day tickets, California Resident Tickets, etc.

(Sorry. I'm guessing you've been so focused on Magic Keys that you've forgotten about the standard ticket types? I hope you get your Disney fix soon!)
Thanks. I'm hope so.

I really don't understand the issue. I'm from Europe, I travel half way around the world to get to California and I have been to Disneyland twice in 2022. I get 1 park per per day tickets, direct from Disney website and make park reservation at the time of purchase.
Not going to quarrel with you, because I do not have a problem with reservations. Some people, and not the majority, like the parks and aren't big attraction folks. My parents fall in this category. They could literally spend 10 hours in a Disney park and maybe ride 2 attractions. They like to watch shows and parades and live entertainment and sit on the bench and eat. They liked the ability to simply have a Disney ticket and make a decision that morning which park they were going to attend. There was no advanced reservation needed. Just have a ticket and enter a park of your choosing.

Not going to quarrel with you, because I do not have a problem with reservations. Some people, and not the majority, like the parks and aren't big attraction folks. My parents fall in this category. They could literally spend 10 hours in a Disney park and maybe ride 2 attractions. They like to watch shows and parades and live entertainment and sit on the bench and eat. They liked the ability to simply have a Disney ticket and make a decision that morning which park they were going to attend. There was no advanced reservation needed. Just have a ticket and enter a park of your choosing.
Oooooh, my hubby and I are rapidly approaching the description you've provided! Years ago we weren't happy with fewer than 8-11 major attractions per day ... and now we are OK with a leisurely meal, two attractions (one might be the Little Mermaid?), a visit through Starbucks and loaf of bread from Boudin's to take back to the hotel room for the following morning's coffee. LOL. We've slowed our "touring style" to take photos of plants and to stroll those quieter paths. Yep, sounding a LOT like us!

PS, we are also becoming those people who stop randomly to practice taking selfies. What happened?!?

Oooooh, my hubby and I are rapidly approaching the description you've provided! Years ago we weren't happy with fewer than 8-11 major attractions per day ... and now we are OK with a leisurely meal, two attractions (one might be the Little Mermaid?), a visit through Starbucks and loaf of bread from Boudin's to take back to the hotel room for the following morning's coffee. LOL. We've slowed our "touring style" to take photos of plants and to stroll those quieter paths. Yep, sounding a LOT like us!

PS, we are also becoming those people who stop randomly to practice taking selfies. What happened?!?
If you have children, they would say your are old. :)

My DW and I are going to WoC Dessert party. My DD (17) and DS (19) are completely uninterested in dessert parties, WoC and want to go ride IncrediCoaster a billion times in a row. My DW and I are a hard pass and look forward to spoiling ourselves in this manner.

You're not wrong to do what you do. My parents aren't wrong. My DW and I aren't wrong. Frankly, my kids aren't wrong either. There is no wrong way to enjoy Disney parks, in my opinion.

I know, right? DH often says things like: "How are you supposed to get this stupid thing to _______?" or "Why do they make these things so nobody can get them to work?" and I just nod sympathetically instead of pointing out that most people seem to get them to work just fine and the only ones having issues are old. It's a frightening realization.

I know, right? DH often says things like: "How are you supposed to get this stupid thing to _______?" or "Why do they make these things so nobody can get them to work?" and I just nod sympathetically instead of pointing out that most people seem to get them to work just fine and the only ones having issues are old. It's a frightening realization.
LOL, even worse when both are career techies! Oh, my! (We *will* use every single feature of these phones! We *will* compare notes and trade "skills" at every turn. And yes, I will fuss repeatedly on the stupid placement of opposing power/volume buttons on my phone located exactly where my hand wants to grip the unit. Ugh!) Tech, love it and hate it, hmm?

Edited to add: For me, the 'practice' isn't so much the tech as the newer considerations of "find the light" (far more nuanced than my father's advice, "Have the sun behind you as your compose your shot"), chin angle, shoulder placement, etc. Who knew that rounding my shoulders for a selfie was more attractive than my mother's command: "Shoulders back!!" These are the skills of the younger generations, indeed! But I'm getting it ... we love using DL/DCA as the theatrical background for our shots. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!