Are the Boardwalk Villas being Renovated?

3babiesmom

Mouseketeer
Looking at going in December and was wondering if the renovations have been started. Or if would be a construction zone then.

The Inn side is being renovated, not the Villa.
The Boardwalk area is already being worked on to install the new bakery area.
The Deli is reopened.
The Inn rooms are going to have a soft good redo, along with halls and such. They did not have a start date last I spoke to someone.

The Inn side is being renovated, not the Villa.
The Boardwalk area is already being worked on to install the new bakery area.
The Deli is reopened.
The Inn rooms are going to have a soft good redo, along with halls and such. They did not have a start date last I spoke to someone.
Thanks!!

Refurbishment of the rooms the Villas side of the resort will not happen until 2023 or possibly 2024 (schedule not yet announced by DVC). The last BWV refurbishment was for soft goods in 2016, so the rooms are due for a full refurbishment in 2023.

The DVC side never gets much. I don't understand why The Boardwalk can't the love the other DVC resorts get.

The DVC side never gets much. I don't understand why The Boardwalk can't the love the other DVC resorts get.
I’ve been a BWV owner since 1999 and there have been several renovations. Renovations are paid by dues so Disney can’t just decide to go cheap on one resort.

I’ve been a BWV owner since 1999 and there have been several renovations. Renovations are paid by dues so Disney can’t just decide to go cheap on one resort.
I have owned points at BW since 99 also but the BW has never had the amount of refurbs or as extensive as other DVC resorts.

I have owned points at BW since 99 also but the BW has never had the amount of refurbs or as extensive as other DVC resorts.
The last refurb was just a refresh around 2015 and for studios included the twin Murphy bed, laminate in the entry way, new shower tile, paint, carpet, linens.

The last refurb was just a refresh around 2015 and for studios included the twin Murphy bed, laminate in the entry way, new shower tile, paint, carpet, linens.
We still have original tile in the one bedroom tub area. It's never a complete refurb like other DVC resorts. The used to replace the boards on the boardwalk regularly and now we have some that are rotted or have a ton of screws in them. It isn't getting shown the attention it should be getting.

We still have original tile in the one bedroom tub area. It's never a complete refurb like other DVC resorts. The used to replace the boards on the boardwalk regularly and now we have some that are rotted or have a ton of screws in them. It isn't getting shown the attention it should be getting.
Hopefully all those issues will be addressed in 2023 when BWV gets a full refurb. Having all Boardwalk view villas blocked off from September to November suggests to me that there will be work on the exterior and possibly on the boardwalk itself.

I have to keep reminding myself that when BWV was built, the DVC plan was for a "refresh" after 12 years and a full refurb after TWENTY-FIVE years. Since BWV opened in 1996, that would be refresh in 2008 and full refurb in 2021. So it's "only" 2 years behind on the orginal full refurb schedule!

The boardwalk is not part of the timeshare. The room renovations are paid with the Capitol Reserves budget in the dues. Maybe you should ask where that money is going to if you think they aren’t using it properly. I haven’t stayed in a 1 bedroom in a long time. From pictures, they did put laminate in the kitchen/living room with the last renovation and updated appliances.

The boardwalk is not part of the timeshare. The room renovations are paid with the Capitol Reserves budget in the dues. Maybe you should ask where that money is going to if you think they aren’t using it properly. I haven’t stayed in a 1 bedroom in a long time. From pictures, they did put laminate in the kitchen/living room with the last renovation and updated appliances.
Yes I have owned points at The Boardwalk since 1999 and I also realize that maintenance depends on what the planner for the resort decides to spend money on, including all areas of the resort. I just don't understand how other DVC resorts can announce refurbs or updates and the Boardwalk still has the original pedestal sink and tile in the one bedrooms. The refurbs are lacking at this resort compared to other DVC resorts. You only need to look at room pictures to see this. The resort has a lot of areas that just don't look good.

Does anyone remember the boardwalk carpeting in the halls? I really like that carpeting, too bad they replaced it with umbrellas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter