Are Leapsters as amazing as my aunt says...?

moopdog said:
She came for a visit and her 3 and 8 year olds have leapsters...
My kids cared about Leapster for about fifteen minutes, then it became just another piece of junk shoved under the bed. Definitely not worth the money.

As for being educational, I still think books, crayons, and blocks are the best for learning pre-school concepts.

What about the rechargeable battery set? Is it just rechargeable AA batteries? Or are they different somehow? I have a battery charger and several sets of AA batteries already.

Santa dropped 2 leapsters off at our house for Christmas 2004, for our 4 and 6 yr old. They love them. They don't take them every where, but when we travel they are invaluable. The games are great and educational. We also have a 3 yr old, who it just getting into it, so Santa maybe coming back with another one this yr....

moopdog said:
What about the rechargeable battery set? Is it just rechargeable AA batteries? Or are they different somehow? I have a battery charger and several sets of AA batteries already.

The recharger set replaces the back to the Leapster. You screw on a new back piece and then you charge it up on a docking cradle. It says that each charge is good for about 10 hours of play and it can recharge about 100 times.

Much better than constantly changing the batteries. I like it!!

So last Christmas was electronic christmas at our house. DD9 got gameboy advance and DS6 got a leapster. Love the leapster!!!!! I really love the fact that it's educational rather than just a game. We usually have my girlfriends kids to--ds10 and dd12 and everyone fights over the leapster. The ds10 has a gameboy and a nintendo whatever that new system is but still every time he's with us he wants to play the leapster. Very sturdy system, ours has been tossed al over. We use rechargable batteries but they seem to last a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter