Are DAS passes available for Rise of the Resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkipperDave

Mouseketeer
Can you get a return time for "Rise"? Have a member of my party with a knee injury for whom standing on long lines is a problem (and those Rise lines are certainly loooong!)

Thanks!

Can you get a return time for "Rise"? Have a member of my party with a knee injury for whom standing on long lines is a problem (and those Rise lines are certainly loooong!)

Thanks!

I will add that DAS was a life saver for me last month on my trip. I hope your friend is able to obtain the pass and yes I will echo it is available for Rise. I wanted to mention that DAS is usually not given for what Disney considers to be mobility issues. They will suggest your friend rent a wheelchair. Just wanted you all to be prepared for that possibility.

they usually don't give DAS for mobility issues since the queue is accessible and a person with a mobility issue could get through the queue using a mobility device such as a scooter or wheelchair, there's no need for them to go elsewhere to wait. They may have other issues that require them to wait somewhere besides in the queue.

they usually don't give DAS for mobility issues since the queue is accessible and a person with a mobility issue could get through the queue using a mobility device such as a scooter or wheelchair, there's no need for them to go elsewhere to wait. They may have other issues that require them to wait somewhere besides in the queue.

So you don't get a return time if you have a wheelchair or scooter???

Only if the line is not accessible. If the line is accessible, you just go through it. If wheelchairs/scooters need to use an alternative exit, you may get a return time (depending on how busy the alternative entrance is).

Rise line is accessible, so no need for a return time.

True. This has been the case for years.

As the PP said, most ride queues are accessible for either wheelchair or scooter.

Consider getting a scooter if the person is not a young child or not mentally impaired so that driving a scooter would be hazardous. Not only does pushing a wheelchair get tiring fast, but the decoratively uneven pavement all over WDW feels like boulders to the person in the chair very quickly.

As others have mentioned, most attractions queues at WDW are "mainstreamed" meaning they can accommodate a standard wheelchair and most also accommodate a scooter. There are a few queues -- mainly at MK -- that use an alternate entrance for mobility devices; in such situations a return time may be given depending on crowds.

The first post of this thread explains DAS. Generally if the only "need" is mobility or stamina-related, the accommodation is to use a mobility device (wheelchair, ECV, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter