Are CMs likely to notice Mickey & Minnie "Happy Anniversary" pins?

JoannaOhio

17-Year Cancer Survivor!!!
When we go to WDW in December, my DD & her fiancee will be celebrating an anniversary - (though not a wedding anniversary yet). I bought two of the Mickey & Minnie Happy Anniversary pins to give to them, and I'm hoping that some of the CMs might notice and congratulate them. Has anyone had experience with these particular pins? I know that the Mickey & Minnie wedding ears/hats/veils, etc. are much more noticeable.

I've also read posts about guests wearing Happy Birthday pins being noticed, but I got the impression that they are some sort of special pins given out at the resorts - maybe not the "standard" collectible/trading pins. Any comments will be appreciated. Here's a picture of one of the pins I purchased - (they're both the same).

e0_2.JPG

:grouphug:

If they wear them on a pin lanyard, I doubt I would notice them.

If they wear it alone on a T-Shirt... Heck yes! and you bet I would say something. :)

The Happy Birthday buttons are pretty large though. Thats the main reason they are sooo noticable. If thats just standard pin trading sized, It's questionable... but always a good chance!

Maybe I can cut a slightly larger heart-shaped piece of felt to go behind the pins, which would make them a little more noticeable. Neither of them will be into pin trading, so I'm assuming these will be the only pins they'll be wearing - on either their shirts or jackets. I'm saving them as a surprise for when we get to Florida, and I don't even know if DD's fiancee will consent to wearing a pin, but I'm hopeful. DD and I are both very excited about accompanying her fiancee on his first trip to Disney, and I'm pretty sure he'll get excited when we get there, but....

If I can get them to wear the pins and anybody notices and congratulates them, I'm sure they'll find that exciting. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. BTW, he will be in a wheelchair, so he might stand out a bit more in the sea of faces going by the CMs.

I would venture to guess that the CM's will notice it, even more so if you add a personal little touch to them like you mentioned.

I always notice Birthday buttons - but like I said, that are larger.

You might be surprised at how many CM's notice...

Both of my kids have pins on lanyards and they each have a pin that has their first name on it. I'm always amazed at how many CM's notice those pins amongst the many others and call them by their first names. :flower:

We had different anniversary pins, and did have a few comments, but we got many more words of congratulations when we wore shirts (that we had made ahead of time) with Mickey and Minnie as bride and groom noting it was our 25th anniversary.

And we received comments not just from CM's, but from other guests as well at times, on the buses, etc.

Have fun! :sunny:

We were just there for our 5th wedding anniversary. We wore our Mickey "groom" and Minnie "bride" pins everday (not on a lanyard). We got several comments of congratulations, but mostly at AK.

Where did you find the Happy Anniversary pins? They are cute!
I bought them on eBay - from two different auctions. I searched for "Mickey & Minnie Happy Anniversary pin". Sometimes it came up with zero results, and suggested that I use other search terms. I checked just now, and I see only 3 of them - all with Buy It Now prices ranging from $6.50 to $11.99 + S/H. If you don't need one right away, I suggest that you keep watching, because they can sometimes be had for less. I got both of mine for around $6 including S/H. (One was $6 Buy It Now with free S/H and the other was $3.99 with $2 S/H. On the last one I kept watching it all week, and then bid about 10 minutes before the end of the auction, and I got it for the opening bid amount.) I think these pins may still be available in the parks, which would be cheaper than the current auctions - but I wanted to be sure to have them ahead of time.

DH and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary on our next trip in Oct. Birthdays are so easy - for anniversaries you need to get creative. I love the t-shirt idea....I'm giving that one some thought. Just need to figure out a way to convince DH to wear it if I made them! :confused3

ncbyrne said:
DH and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary on our next trip in Oct. Birthdays are so easy - for anniversaries you need to get creative. I love the t-shirt idea....I'm giving that one some thought. Just need to figure out a way to convince DH to wear it if I made them! :confused3
I think I have at least a sporting chance of convincing DD's fiancee to wear the pin, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't go for a t-shirt - especially since the anniversary they'll be celebrating won't be their wedding anniversary. And - we'll be there in late December, which most likely won't be t-shirt weather, so shirts would probably be covered with jackets most of the time. Maybe you can involve your DH in designing the shirts. That way he might be more eager to wear them.

While not an anniversary pin there are buttons, like the happy birthday button, with wedding Mickey and Minnie on them, if your celebrating an anniversary then why not wear one of them?
We celebrate our 31 anniversary on june 14 and plan to pick op these buttons to wear.

Bev

I think they would notice them especially if it had the felt heart around it. Wearing a bright colored jacket or T-Shirt might help also.

Tinkerbellfan144 said:
I think they would notice them especially if it had the felt heart around it. Wearing a bright colored jacket or T-Shirt might help also.
Knowing my DD and her beloved, they will probably be wearing rather plain shirts or jackets. That's why I thought the brightly colored felt heart behind the pin might really stand out.

DH and I did wear the Groom & Bride ears everyday except for one day when we only wore the wedding pin. It doesn't matter, the CM's are great about noticing celebrations!!!

I LOVED wearing the ears and pins. DH (he is more shy and not as outgoing) also had a great time. The T-shirts are also a great idea except you can't wear them every day unless you made a t-shirt for everyday.

How about getting regular Mickey ears and putting the pin on the ears if you really want to be noticed.

Another hint - Bobby Pins work great for keeping ears on adult heads. When I went on a ride, I just undid the bobby pins, took off ears then afterwards just redid the bobby pins.

Pam

Bev J said:
While not an anniversary pin there are buttons, like the happy birthday button, with wedding Mickey and Minnie on them, if your celebrating an anniversary then why not wear one of them?
We celebrate our 31 anniversary on june 14 and plan to pick op these buttons to wear.

Bev

Can you get Anniversary buttons when you enter the MK, at City Hall, like getting the birthday buttons?

I noticed someone wearing a Tink trading pin that said Happy Bday on it. It was only noticable because it was on her shirt not on a lanyard.

They can also go into any of the guest relations in the parks to get a Congrats button. :) It's the same size as the birthday button.

Jessica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter