Are All Holidays A Nightmare?

Luvtomickey

Mouseketeer
We've been to WDW many times and always off season until last year we planned a last minute trip and I mean last minute! I called the Tues. before Easter and got a room for that Wed-Sun (with an upsell rate). It was great the crowds weren't bad at all but I don't think people were traveling because the war started that March. But now I want to plan a trip for Thanksgiving but am afraid because I realize we lucked out that Easter week.

How does Thanksgiving weekend compare to the other holidays? As my kids get older its harder to pull them out of school I feel we have to consider the times when school is out.

Thanks

There seems to be a mass exodus to WDW during Thanskgiving week.

From what I have heard, it could possibly be THE BUSIEST-
but the week after, of course all are back at school,
is probably the LEAST busiest.

If you go, I pray you the same luck you had at Easter.

:smooth:

We went the Thurs before thanksgiving in "03 and left on Tues and we did very well. No lines. crowds fine. Went home and had turkey there. We pulled the kids out for 2 only

The first week or two after Thanksgiving is fairly light,
as Christmas gets closer the parks get busy again.
(We got there the sat after TG in 2002 and had no crowds.)

I've read, between Christmas and New Years is
very busy...but not as bad as Thanksgiving week.

I have been during Easter, arrived the day before-
we specifically avoided MK on Easter Sunday, went to AK that day.
We had no problems with crowds the entire week.

:sunny:

It seems it is all up to luck and timing...

We were there for Thanksgiving in 2001 and 2002 they are not even close to Xmas or Easter, probably more like summer, crowded but manageable. It is actually quite nice until the day before Thanksgiving, then it gets crowded.

Well I wont pray there is another war like last year but if you have been to WDW enough, planning and expectations can make a big difference during holidays. Example is New Years day this year we went to MK when it opened and did 7 attractions (all 3 mountains) before 10AM and left. Go early and leave for a break and go back in the evening-you may want to grab a fastpass around 11AM for that night (Test Track, Rockin or Space etc) because they will be gone. Holiday weather is usually awesome at WDW so hangin at a pool is not a bad thing (at least from Minnesota).If you want commando do it all days-stay with the off season.

We are not looking for commando touring but my husband does not share the same love for Disney that the kids and I do. He is a great sport and never complains but he has a phobia of crowds so I try to plan our trips so everyone leaves having had a good time. It has always been one of my desires to visit the world during the Xmas season.

Historically Thanks wknd is pretty busy, but not as bad as the week between xmas and nye. MK in particular will be pretty crowded, dont expect 20 min wait times. Think more in the 30 mins or more range. Sunday seems to be the day most guest leave and the week after is pretty low crowd wise. It is a doable timeperiod just dont expect to get everything done.

You will definitely need the PS calculator as I do not suggest anyone leave for WDW for Thanks without a PS. Specifically Thanks. day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter