Are all food courts set up the same?

carmiedog

needs more kool-aid
We loved POFQ, but the food court could be a deal breaker for next trip.

First off, the service was s-l-o-w. DH and I both noticed at some of the counters one person would be doing all the work while another person just stood there. Maybe they were in training, but it sure didn't look they were being instructed in anything. :confused3

Second, it was definitely not family friendly. For adults I suppose it would be OK. But when you have to get food for three younger children plus mom and dad, and everyone wants something from a different counter, it is very frustrating and time consuming. We ended up not using all our counter service meals...the last time I went in it was taking so long that I gave up and took the kids back to the room for PB&J.

Are any of the other food courts set up with a single line for everything (like McDonald's)? Are there any where you can just walk up and select a cold sandwich from a rack without having to order and wait?

The Deluxe resorts are set up more like what you are asking BUT the food courts are much smaller. Don't get the food plan and go to sit downs not a cost saving suggestion but it does solve the problems. You could aslo use the CS in the parks or at Earl of Sandwitch in DTD or I think Wolf Gang Pucks express may take it as well?

The Mara is really the only resort CS I know of that is the best of both worlds. It's at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

At the ones we have been to recently, the CM's behind the counter are actually cooking the food as they get the order. This caused them to be slow at times but I would rather them cook it then as opposed to eating food that has been under a heat lamp for a while.

We love the food court at POR and CBR...they are very similar in set up and the food is good. The many times we have been there were no lines for food. (maybe we lucked out)

POP and ASMu was almost identical...we had breakfast there everyday of our trip and the food was good but the place was packed and the lines very long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter