April 29th, 2018 5-Night Baja from San Diego (Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas)

minorthr

DIS Veteran
Thought I'd kick it off. This is our second cruise and really looking forward to it

I will be on this. I rescheduled from 2017 - which is killing me now that it is 2017. I'm really wishing I could tag on another this year, but we have some surgeries and other things that are using up our time and money this year.

Looking forward to enjoying the Wonder again and doing some shopping in Ensenada and enjoying the beach/sights of Cabo.

MY DW, DD (12 at time of cruise) and myself will be on this sailing. Looking forward to a west coast cruise. We have done several out of Port Canaveral so really looking forward to not having to fly to far from home for this one.

Greetings all!!!!

We have recently booked a 5-day Disney cruise aboard the Disney Wonder next year (4/29/2018) from San Diego to Baja California, MX. This will be my wife and I's 3rd cruise but.... first for the following:
  • First Disney cruise
  • First 'Family' cruise (3 daughters - next year will be 9, 10, & 11 years of age)
  • First West Coast cruise
Hailing from Colorado and not experienced family flyers yet, we will be making a mini road trip to and from San Diego. We are staying on the 8th Deck floor in a 1 Bedroom Concierge Suite with Verandah Balcony. Judging from reading many forum thread/entries on this site, we are definitely novice/newbies at all this (the last cruise my wife and I took was a Royal Caribbean 5-day Thanksgiving 2005 cruise out of Galveston, TX to Key West-Grand Cayman-Cozumel).

Soooooo... was curious if anyone else was planning this particular date (I am watching the 4/29/18 Disney Wonder - San Diego Meet Thread as well)?? Any advice/tips for the following:
  • Best plan of action for planning for 5 for this awesome event!!!
  • Excursion recommendations in Cabo San Lucas (we are thinking of just remaining on the ship for the Ensenada, MX stop)
  • Examples of in-ship scheduled activities (e.g. Mixology, cooking demos, etc.)
  • Best in-ship activities for my 3 kiddoes (Oceaneer Lab, Oceaneer Club, etc.)
  • Best pool times.
  • Spa recommendations
  • Eater recommendations (we are definitely doing Tiana's and Palo)
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique recommendations and/or tips
  • Anyone bring telescope on-board for astronomy viewing???
  • Any photography tips??
  • Any insider tips/tricks??
I am hoping to be frequenting this forum more and more. Oh, does anyone know if the DisBoard mobile app is still working.

Thanks to all in advance!!!

Posted this earlier today as a new thread. Didn't realize this 4/29/18 Disney Wonder Meet thread was established...

Welcome VATraveler-Our daughter will be 12 at the time of the cruise. We are flying down from Seattle and will most likely fly in the day before and then stay a day or 2 after. I know there is some glass beach that my wife wants to visit while we are in San Diego. This is our first West Coast cruise but will be our 10th Disney cruise. We will be staying in the Walt Disney Suite and very excited for that. Definitely looking to Tiana's as it is new since the last time we were on board. We love Palo and cannot wait to their brunch again as well as the chocolate soufflé!

Hi. We just booked this cruise! We are so excited!! It will be our second Disney Cruise. It will be me, my husband and our son and daughter who will be 8 and 6 1/2. It's not too early to start a count down calendar is it?

Hi, this is my husband's and I fourth cruise. But, our first leaving from then West Coast. We used to live in Miami, Florida and let twice from Port Canaveral and once from Miami. We now live in Idaho, and decided to try the Baja Cruise leaving from San Diego. This will be our daughters first cruise and she will be two years and nine months old by then. My parents are also joint us, and staying in a cabin next to ours. That's great, because they get to help with our daughter late at night. I'm extremely excited about this cruise. We don't go on one since January of 2013. After we moved here, the cruises stopped. I wanted to know if this cruise will sign up for the fish extenders. Please let me know.

Our family's first ever cruise of any kind 4/29/18! So looking forward it. 9-yr-old daughter and 5-yr-old son. Anybody have advice on planning for the Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas excursions?

2nd time cruiser 1st time poster. My wife and I are going on this voyage as a Honeymoon 2.0 Our first cruise was interrupted by Irma. Were happy to try another honeymoon on our home coast. Also can't wait to try out this Fish Exchange!-)

Hi folks!
After dealing with the polar vortex for the last couple of days, we decided to book our cruise. My sister and I are planning a grand California trip with Dapper Days at Disneyland and then a Disney cruise. We have been on the Dream before but this will be our first Wonder cruise!
We are up for fish extenders too!
Mandy:goodvibes

Hi!
This is our family's FIRST cruise! We are so excited! We live in San Diego so it will be an easy first for us. We have a just about 14 year old daughter and 11 year old son. We, too, would be interested in participating in Fish Extenders!
Kim

Getting closer! We decided to bring along my best friend and Goddaughter since we had the space. Looking forward to the beach in Cabo and we decided to do La Bufadora tour in Ensenada and see the worlds largest geyser. My DW, DD and I are doing the 2 night before this cruise so DD and I are going to do the Kayak tour in La Bufadora as well. We are very excited to have this relaxing trip since our last trip was two weeks of marching through the parks. Now trying to decide if I need a rental car for the 2 days in San Diego afterward. We know we want to visit the zoo and I believe DW and DBF want to go see the glass beach.

45DF06DD-EDCE-497B-86D6-B0FDC13B72A8.jpeg [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]This is Mother, my sister and Me about seven years ago. Before mother’s heart disease. The past two years my kid sister has cared for mom, while raising four girls, even watching the oldest get married and begin her own family. We lost Mom two weeks ago. My deeet sister is exhausted and emotionally wrung out. Mother asked me to take her to Disney, when she was gone as the only time she went she was in diapers.
So she, my hubs and I will be without the teens and college kids. In 6100 & 6102. Her first vacation of any kind since childhood. She is looking forward to it. I am debating adding my autistic adult daughter and her little service dog to the reservation, so brothers won’t have the buredness.

Has anyone organized FE exchange list with names, ages and stateroom mumbers?? If not I am willing. Loved the FE groups I’ve been in in the past! Extra pixie dust at sea!

Hi I am from Brazil. It is my second cruise. I am going with my husband and my daughter. I want to know about the Fish extender.

I hope you all have fun. I took some pictures of you guys leaving. Let me know if you want to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!