April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

DD has been in a good mood for 2 days now. I like seeing her happy. My crazy week at work is almost over. It will be quieter the next few weeks before getting crazy again.

I was bummed last night they didn't show Tower City for each team. I did fall asleep at about 9:30 though. It was a good night for Cleveland. Though I cringed at how close people were and that everyone was touching the helmets they have on display. I just kept thinking about how many germs were on those. I think the pandemic has turned me into a germaphobe.
Me too!

Grrrrr... I spoke too soon about only breaking one thing with our deployment, was up till 2am again last night putting in a fix and then having to fix the fix because it didn't work. Despite assurances that it had been robustly tested. Assurances made by both the Engineer and the Lead. Do I sound bitter? Or just super tired?

My vaccine appointment is at 2pm this afternoon and I really want to not have to sign back in to work afterwards. We'll see how that goes. I did make it to the grocery store last night to stock up on Tylenol and pedialyte.

This has not been a good week, having three nights of needing to be up has been tough, I really need some downtime which I guess I'm going to get tomorrow. Sunday I need to do a few things around the house to get ready for the cleaners Monday but nothing else.

Last edited:
Grrrrr... I spoke too soon about only breaking one thing with our deployment, was up till 2am again last night putting in a fix and then having to fix the fix because it didn't work. Despite assurances that it had been robustly tested. Assurances made by both the Engineer and the Lead. Do I sound bitter? Or just super tired?

My vaccine appointment is at 2pm this afternoon and I really want to not have to sign back in to work afterwards. We'll see how that goes. I did make it to the grocery store last night to stock up on Tylenol and pedialyte.

This has not been a good week, having three nights of needing to be up has been tough, I really need some downtime which I guess I'm going to get tomorrow. Sunday I need to do a few things around the house to get ready for the cleaners Monday but nothing else.
I hope you feel good post-vaccine. Get some rest . Take care.

Even though I still have 7 weeks and 1 day of school left, the paperwork is already getting to be a lot. I am retaining 3 students and sending 6 to summer school. I have one student that is about 1 1/2 years behind everyone else, but her mother refuses to let her stay back in kindergarten. It will be a disaster for her in 1st grade when she isn't even functioning as well as most typical PreK students are at this point in the school year. The mother has known my concern since January, but her pride is taking over. The extra assessments this year are just a lot. I feel like I don't have enough time to actually teach. These kids need more of me, not less of me. The system is a mess.

TGIF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter