April 2021 W.I.S.H. Thread - Spring into Spring!

Things are so crazy right now. The deadline for our biggest scholarship application is today. It has been extended a few times. We just are not getting the kids to apply like normal. We have to have the students selected and letters sent out by Friday. On top of this there a summer plans that need to be finalized before letters go out and I can get them finalized until later this week.

On top of the work stuff DD starts PT today. I talked with the PT and the athletic training today. I picked a good PT place. They work with athletes in our district and our trainer works at the same place. It looks like she will be doing 1 PT day a week and about 2 days with the trainer. This will save on cop-pays and if I have a cap on my insurance on hw many PT sessions she has this will cut the number she has in half. This will help if she has to do PT again later this year. I hope not though. Her anxiety seems to up as well. She asked me this morning for an emotional support dog. This won't help though. Her issue is in crowds like at school. They are not going to allow to have a dog at school. I am not sure if this is her way of trying to get a dog or if things are really getting bad again. Thankfully she sees her therapist next Monday.

DH just got a fever again. We are thinking these fevers that he has gotten is a side affect of the vaccine. Just really delayed. Other then the kids being in school we have gone anywhere different then we have for the past year. He got the fever last time about 2 weeks after the shot and this time is about 1.5 weeks after. He only has a fever, chills and his knees hurt. All the same as last time.

One plus, DS has been doing his homework. I am really talking it up on how proud I am. He is 15 I shouldn't have to do this but well I am hoping this helps him to keep it up.

So to answer a few questions that I have missed. I feel like I have learned to be flexible. This is huge for me. I hate change and that is all we had this year. I am also learning to not follow the news so much. I get sucked in and consumed at times. This caused some anxiety this year. I stopped follow most of the news and have snoozed friends on facebook that I feel can be too much for me at that time.

Self Help -- I need to do this more. I just watch TV. As soon as it gets warm again I will get outside for bike rides again. This week we are getting up to about 70-80's. So nice compared to our 30's the last week or two. Yeah!!!! No snow this week.

It’s Monday! And the last week of April! What’s motivating you this week?

Being back with the kids! (Last week was school vacation here.) It was nice to be around all the hugs and enthusiasm again, and to hear about all they did.

My daughter has recommended those Yasso ice cream bars-I think they’re frozen yogurt? She says they’re really good and 100 calories or less. I know warmer weather means ice cream to me, so I thought I would get some to be prepared!

We love those! I like the mint chip, and I think DH tried coffee ones?

The dentist I saw this morning is why I have had a phobia for dentists my entire life. It is time for him to retire and stop abusing patients.

I am missing a filling and the tooth is cracked. He took an X-ray. He gave me a temporary filling, and said, "I don't have time for Novocaine, so you will just have to deal with it." Oh. My. God. This dentist is sadistic.

I need a crown, but I might need a root canal too. Crowns are risky because I grind my teeth at night, and I can't keep a mouth guard in my mouth. (If I wear one, I take it out in my sleep and throw it across the room, then I have to search for it in my room in the morning. So, I've given up on mouth guards.) Anyway, I told him that I am done with root canals, because they don't work on me. The one on the top is on borrowed time, and the one on the bottom resulted in a tooth extraction over the summer. The antibiotics gave me thrush. The thrush medicine triggered my acid reflux. I was basically sick for a month, long after the tooth extraction was all better.

Why don't dentists understand that one thing they do can cause even more problems, and in some patients, these problems snowball into a nightmare? So, I told him that I would rather have the tooth removed and get implants. I would have already had an implant where the tooth was removed last summer if it weren't for the pandemic. I was waiting to be vaccinated before starting the implant process. Now the tooth behind it is the one that is cracked. I don't want a crown, and I refuse to get a root canal. All he cared about was preserving the tooth. I don't understand why root canals are always the "go-to" procedure as if pulling a tooth is devastating and a huge mistake. Fortunately, I am going back next Monday after school for a consultation with his colleague who is 22 years younger, and maybe won't give me a hard time about having the tooth pulled.

When I got back to school, I saw my principal who has been through the same thing and does very well with implants. She basically agreed with everything I said and recommended her oral surgeon if I don't get satisfaction from this group. The only issue is that my husband's insurance doesn't cover every dentist in our area. It felt good to talk to her and have my opinion validated.

The kids were awful today, and the pain in my mouth and head is unbearable. Advil is not working. I'm home now, and hopefully the pain will go away. Ugh!

The dentist I saw this morning is why I have had a phobia for dentists my entire life. It is time for him to retire and stop abusing patients.

I am missing a filling and the tooth is cracked. He took an X-ray. He gave me a temporary filling, and said, "I don't have time for Novocaine, so you will just have to deal with it." Oh. My. God. This dentist is sadistic.

I need a crown, but I might need a root canal too. Crowns are risky because I grind my teeth at night, and I can't keep a mouth guard in my mouth. (If I wear one, I take it out in my sleep and throw it across the room, then I have to search for it in my room in the morning. So, I've given up on mouth guards.) Anyway, I told him that I am done with root canals, because they don't work on me. The one on the top is on borrowed time, and the one on the bottom resulted in a tooth extraction over the summer. The antibiotics gave me thrush. The thrush medicine triggered my acid reflux. I was basically sick for a month, long after the tooth extraction was all better.

Why don't dentists understand that one thing they do can cause even more problems, and in some patients, these problems snowball into a nightmare? So, I told him that I would rather have the tooth removed and get implants. I would have already had an implant where the tooth was removed last summer if it weren't for the pandemic. I was waiting to be vaccinated before starting the implant process. Now the tooth behind it is the one that is cracked. I don't want a crown, and I refuse to get a root canal. All he cared about was preserving the tooth. I don't understand why root canals are always the "go-to" procedure as if pulling a tooth is devastating and a huge mistake. Fortunately, I am going back next Monday after school for a consultation with his colleague who is 22 years younger, and maybe won't give me a hard time about having the tooth pulled.

When I got back to school, I saw my principal who has been through the same thing and does very well with implants. She basically agreed with everything I said and recommended her oral surgeon if I don't get satisfaction from this group. The only issue is that my husband's insurance doesn't cover every dentist in our area. It felt good to talk to her and have my opinion validated.

The kids were awful today, and the pain in my mouth and head is unbearable. Advil is not working. I'm home now, and hopefully the pain will go away. Ugh!
Yikes with the dentist!

I struggle with portion control when it comes to bread, pasta and potatoes. Two weeks ago I decided to limit these types of foods to two meals and make one meal a day from what WW defines as “free foods”. And I see the difference on the scale.

And for my mental health, I weigh myself every ten days instead of weekly. I rarely see a change after a week and I was getting a little stressed out! Ten days and I always see progress.

I do ok during the week and during the day. It’s usually after school/evenings when I make some poor choices with my eating...mostly because of emotions (tired, stressed, overwhelmed, frustrated, etc). The snacking isn’t horrible and fine for maintaining. But I’d still like a to lose a few more pounds before summer...or better yet before my mother/son Disney trip. So I just realized I’ve got about 5 weeks to get ready for Disney. So for the next 5 weeks, I ask myself every time I try to pick a bad snack choice. Would I rather this snack or a Dole Whip in Disney? I will most likely hold out for the Dole Whip almost every time!

(If I wear one, I take it out in my sleep and throw it across the room, then I have to search for it in my room in the morning. So, I've given up on mouth guards.)

This is me. I clinch my teeth though. The bit guard never works. I take it out in my sleep and then it takes me days to find it. After wearing a head gear for over a year in middle school you would think that I this stuff wouldn't bother me.

I am sorry about the dentist. I hope it all gets better soon.

How are things going for you as we head into the last week of the month?

Do you feel like you’re on track with goals set at the beginning of the month? What has gone right for you?

This month started off good but has gone down hill. I am no where near meeting goals this months. I have gotten into a bit of a slump and maybe a bit depressed right now. DD's foot and anxiety is what is causing all of this and maybe a bit with having to go into the office starting next week. I am just so worried about DD.

My sister wrote something about thinking she was tired but after reading an article realized she was drained and being drained is something you can fix. This is where I think I am. I think I am mentally drained and getting out to do more, like walks and bike rides, will help. Today we will hit about 80 so it will be a good say to get out.

I'm another one who used to take their mouth guard out at night, at least when I had the full mouth one. Now I have just a little thing that fits over my front bottom teeth and I don't struggle with it.

I like the idea of making one meal a day super healthy, which for me would be dairy/gluten free. I also like the idea of asking myself "this or Disney". And I can totally relate to being drained and needing to find things to fill back up on.

Health wise I have not done well this month and my body is certainly letting me to know I need to mend my ways. I tried taking Benadryl at night for several days but I don't think it's the right thing for me so I've stopped. But I will carry some with me for emergencies.

I rearranged the bedroom last night and brought some of the office furniture back into this room, now I need to dig into the remaining piles of clutter. The cleaners are going to come next Monday and there are somethings I need to get done before then, like empty old food out of the freezer so they can clean it. Really looking forward to finally doing it.

This is me. I clinch my teeth though. The bit guard never works. I take it out in my sleep and then it takes me days to find it. After wearing a head gear for over a year in middle school you would think that I this stuff wouldn't bother me.

This month started off good but has gone down hill. I am no where near meeting goals this months. I have gotten into a bit of a slump and maybe a bit depressed right now. DD's foot and anxiety is what is causing all of this and maybe a bit with having to go into the office starting next week. I am just so worried about DD.

My sister wrote something about thinking she was tired but after reading an article realized she was drained and being drained is something you can fix. This is where I think I am. I think I am mentally drained and getting out to do more, like walks and bike rides, will help. Today we will hit about 80 so it will be a good say to get out.
I hope you cut yourself a break-you have had a lot to deal with this month. :hug:

Do you feel like you’re on track with goals set at the beginning of the month? What has gone right for you?

I had to look back at my goals. It’s been a long month:

April Goals:
Learn low-carb cooking! (DH has recently been diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes.)
Continue with previous goals (walking most evenings and drinking enough water.)

Doing fine with the hydrating, but behind on exercise. I likely won’t make my minutes goal over in the exercise thread, but I’m choosing to be satisfied with my numbers considering all that happened.

The cooking feels like a struggle right this second, but in general it’s been OK. I’ve put a couple of new things into the rotation, and found some new products we like. I just need to get motivated (maybe this weekend) to look for a few more recipes before we get too bored.

I’m mostly OK going into this week. I feel like I’m at least getting back into normal routines, though I didn’t get to my April vacation projects. And I have lost another pound, so there’s that!

In spite of chaos at school, and being in ongoing pain from my tooth, I am doing remarkably well with my eating. My weight is the lowest it has been in years, although I fluctuate up and down by a pound and 1/2. I'm eating mostly well, but not as many fruits and veggies as usual because of not being able to chew normally.

My motivation is on point the closer we get to summer. Yesterday, I had to walk more than normal, and my knees held up well and didn't hurt as much at the end of the day as usual. I don't know if it is because it is finally warming up or the weight loss or a combination of the two. I am also motivated by all of the compliments on my hair and looking better overall. I can see the difference in my face and the way my clothes fit. I don't think others see the weight difference yet, but that helps me keep on track knowing that eventually, everyone else will see that the pounds are coming off. I normally don't care what others think, but it is nice not to feel insecure about my appearance.

Tomorrow, I take DD to get her 2nd shot. Then in two weeks, we will all be immune, thank God.

WOOHOO! It is MUTE BUTTON WEDNESDAY!!!

I do ok during the week and during the day. It’s usually after school/evenings when I make some poor choices with my eating...mostly because of emotions (tired, stressed, overwhelmed, frustrated, etc). The snacking isn’t horrible and fine for maintaining. But I’d still like a to lose a few more pounds before summer...or better yet before my mother/son Disney trip. So I just realized I’ve got about 5 weeks to get ready for Disney. So for the next 5 weeks, I ask myself every time I try to pick a bad snack choice. Would I rather this snack or a Dole Whip in Disney? I will most likely hold out for the Dole Whip almost every time!
Definitely hold out for the Dole Whip!!!

:hug:

Woohoo - I'm doing well with maintaining my weight each week as well as my sanity ;) The hot tub and running has been helping.

Woohoo - I'm able to start running again (I stop once the weather gets cold and usually start up again mid-Spring). I like this new running program I'm doing that has me doing walk/runs and sometimes sprints! But it helps the time go by quickly with someone talking me through the runs.

Woohoo - my vaccinated parents planned a last minute short trip to Disney without knowing anything about park passes...yet, as of yesterday, they were able to get 3 different parks for their 3-day ticket. While they were able to get dining reservations in two of the parks throughout the course of the week by check and rechecking, they still haven't been able to get anything in HS.

Woohoo - my brother finally decided to sign up and get the COVID vaccine! He got his first shot yesterday. Hopefully my sister-in-law will follow soon. She's the one that's been holding out for some reason....

I am woohooing DD's ability to argue her point. She really needs to be a lawyer I think. She really wants a dog. She put together a color coded schedule for the dog, her arguments against our points not to get a dog and how much it would cost. She did research and everything. Though her cost was way off. She wasn't thinking about vets and a few other things. She just looked at the cost for food, toys/bedding, leash and food/water bowls. DH and I do not want a dog but part of us wants to get her a dog. We told her we would look over what she gave us and consider it but the answer most likely will not change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter