***April 2019***

I've now purchased DAH for HS for our trip, and I've swapped out our Tusker House lunch with a Boma dinner for when we have the dining plan. I think we'll all enjoy seeing AKL for the first time, and that I'll like the potentially calmer atmosphere and wider variety at the buffet. I think I'm mostly done with planning. I've been unsuccessful in finding an opening for the Up Close with Rhinos tour, so I think that is out.

The only thing left to really ponder is snacks for our 2 days on the dining plan, and then breakfast at BOG.

For snacks, for those two days we'll be at MK and AK. I'm not terribly concerned with getting par on snacks, as we're doing pretty well using Storybook and Boma. I think we might enjoy something from Starbucks, and then an orange or pineapple float at MK. At AK, I'm less certain. Possibly something from Kussafari in the morning, and then not sure if some of that pulled pork mac and cheese or something else.

As far as BOG, I think we'll get the open faced egg sandwich, the croque madame, and probably the kids scrambled eggs or french toast. I hope we get to pick where to sit; I absolutely love the West Wing. I know some folks think it's dark, but it feels like a lovely break from the bright outside, to me.
for breakfast you did get to pick where you sit. I had breakfast there and enjoyed it. I am sure you will have a good time as well.

I wanted to ask if any of you had problems getting fast passes for flight of passage in the mornings? I had no luck at all and I'm a solo.

I wanted to ask if any of you had problems getting fast passes for flight of passage in the mornings? I had no luck at all and I'm a solo.
I have ours for 11:55 am and that was for day 60+6. That was the earliest time available when I looked, and it wasn't the day I wanted to go so I had to on the spot change my plans I had written down on which day we'd do AK. But, that was the first thing I looked for when the FP window opened was FoP.

I have ours for 11:55 am and that was for day 60+6. That was the earliest time available when I looked, and it wasn't the day I wanted to go so I had to on the spot change my plans I had written down on which day we'd do AK. But, that was the first thing I looked for when the FP window opened was FoP.
I couldn't find any morning times, just evenings after 530

I have yet to get a early fop fastpass. We got one at 5:30 pm and took it. Only staying one night so I could only book for two days. So I know have to wait for the 30 day window for the other days we plan on going

FINALLY actually booked. I ended up changing from PO:FQ (which I love, so it was painful) to Coronado because it meant I saved almost $100 a night, which I could not argue with.

We should be on the lookout for park hours updates through the rest of April. As of today, I don't see anything new from their last updates for March and early April.

When I did it, I got 11:20 for our second to last day.

... this just reminded me I didn't have one for Everest, so took care of that, too. ;)

Booked an April trip today! It will be DD8 & me, our first ever "Girlcation", as she will call it. DH & DS have done several trips together, but she and I have never had the opportunity to get away together just the two of us, and I'm really excited. She will be, too. I'm keeping it a surprise until the morning we leave... if I'm able to pull it off. We'll actually leave on her 8th birthday. We're flying in, doing DAH at MK, then a resort day, and back home. A quick trip, but it will be fabulous.

Booked an April trip today! It will be DD8 & me, our first ever "Girlcation", as she will call it. DH & DS have done several trips together, but she and I have never had the opportunity to get away together just the two of us, and I'm really excited. She will be, too. I'm keeping it a surprise until the morning we leave... if I'm able to pull it off. We'll actually leave on her 8th birthday. We're flying in, doing DAH at MK, then a resort day, and back home. A quick trip, but it will be fabulous.
That sounds so great! Surprises are the best!! Have fun.

Whelp, I’ve now added a Crystal Palace Breakfast at my daughter’s request. She loves Eeyore and gave me the puppy eyes. CP is so loud, which I am not looking forward to, but the characters are pretty great, and I thought the breakfast buffet was pretty good. Soooo... let’s get some bouncing lessons, Tigger!

Whelp, I’ve now added a Crystal Palace Breakfast at my daughter’s request. She loves Eeyore and gave me the puppy eyes. CP is so loud, which I am not looking forward to, but the characters are pretty great, and I thought the breakfast buffet was pretty good. Soooo... let’s get some bouncing lessons, Tigger!
I always go back and forth on getting CP reservations, I love Winnie the Pooh my favorite character. It's loud though? May try it one day just the kids are not get up and let's go get breakfast types. I'm sure they are going to be dragging when I get everyone up and going to hit the parks in the morning.

I just noticed Disney Springs as food trucks? Anyone used these? I wonder if they are good, and if they are there year round, they seem to be from what I read I didn't notice it was time limited.

I always go back and forth on getting CP reservations, I love Winnie the Pooh my favorite character. It's loud though? May try it one day just the kids are not get up and let's go get breakfast types. I'm sure they are going to be dragging when I get everyone up and going to hit the parks in the morning.

I’ve only been once, but when we went it was so loud that I’m going to bring ear plugs for our upcoming trip.

I’ve only been once, but when we went it was so loud that I’m going to bring ear plugs for our upcoming trip.
Wow, I'd probably hate it then. I've got issues with sound causing ear pain and migraine induced by sound, maybe I'll skip. I already get issues with some of the rides with sound, like Dinosaur. Not fun when I already have equilibrium/dizziness issues with some rides. But if I let everything stop me I'd pretty much do nothing, so I don't want to be that way. But for a restaurant I'd be the only one that wants to go to for Winnie and Friends, guess I'll strike that off the list. I wish my kids did like particular restaurants, I'm typically the person dragging people places and asking everyone to give it a chance, if it were up to them everything would be QS dining and they'd be perfectly content!

Wow, I'd probably hate it then. I've got issues with sound causing ear pain and migraine induced by sound, maybe I'll skip. I already get issues with some of the rides with sound, like Dinosaur. Not fun when I already have equilibrium/dizziness issues with some rides. But if I let everything stop me I'd pretty much do nothing, so I don't want to be that way. But for a restaurant I'd be the only one that wants to go to for Winnie and Friends, guess I'll strike that off the list. I wish my kids did like particular restaurants, I'm typically the person dragging people places and asking everyone to give it a chance, if it were up to them everything would be QS dining and they'd be perfectly content!

We've been to CP about 5 or 6 times (lunch) and never noticed that it was particularly loud. Certainly not any louder than any other character meal. Eeyore is my fav so I need an Eeyore hug at least once a year :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter