Apple Watch as Magic Band

When you load your ticket to your wallet on phone and watch, make sure that Express Mode is enabled on your watch (in the Watch app, tap on Wallet & Apple Pay, then on Disney MagicMobile Pass, then scroll down below the QR code). That allows your Watch to work just like a MB when entering parks. You don’t have to pull out your phone, you don’t have to open the wallet on your watch - just touch your watch face to the Mickey on the tapstile and see it turn green! It worked perfectly for us last week. Now we’re waiting for the functionality of opening resort room doors and charging to our room with the watch to become available!

This is exactly what I wanted to know! Thank you!!

So my daughter and I share an Apple account and both of our passes are in the (shared) wallet. She does not have an Apple Watch. How does my watch know to use my pass and not hers?

So my daughter and I share an Apple account and both of our passes are in the (shared) wallet. She does not have an Apple Watch. How does my watch know to use my pass and not hers?
You will have to double click the side button (the flat one) to bring up the wallet on your watch, then scroll to the ticket you want and pull up the QR code and scan it, then pull up the other ticket and scroll to the QR code and scan that. Express Mode lets you use your watch as a MB for your pass (just touch the watch to the Mickey) but not hers. Personally, I would get her a MB - much easier!

You will have to double click the side button (the flat one) to bring up the wallet on your watch, then scroll to the ticket you want and pull up the QR code and scan it, then pull up the other ticket and scroll to the QR code and scan that. Express Mode lets you use your watch as a MB for your pass (just touch the watch to the Mickey) but not hers. Personally, I would get her a MB - much easier!

thanks. I am thinking the same. It will be easier. I will just wear to scan into the park then put it in my bag.

I keep getting the error message “There was an error adding 1 pass to wallet”. Trying to do it in the app under Disney MagicMobile Pass. What is going wrong?

I keep getting the error message “There was an error adding 1 pass to wallet”. Trying to do it in the app under Disney MagicMobile Pass. What is going wrong?
I had this. I went into the watch app on my phone and did it that way (it was already in my iPhone wallet). Watch-wallet & Apple Pay

When you load your ticket to your wallet on phone and watch, make sure that Express Mode is enabled on your watch (in the Watch app, tap on Wallet & Apple Pay, then on Disney MagicMobile Pass, then scroll down below the QR code). That allows your Watch to work just like a MB when entering parks. You don’t have to pull out your phone, you don’t have to open the wallet on your watch - just touch your watch face to the Mickey on the tapstile and see it turn green! It worked perfectly for us last week. Now we’re waiting for the functionality of opening resort room doors and charging to our room with the watch to become available!
I am new to Apple Watch. I have our passes loaded and Express Mode enabled. I have both my ticket and my daughter's loaded. How does that work when more than 1 pass is loaded? Does it automatically recognize the second one once the first one has been tapped?

TIA!

I am new to Apple Watch. I have our passes loaded and Express Mode enabled. I have both my ticket and my daughter's loaded. How does that work when more than 1 pass is loaded? Does it automatically recognize the second one once the first one has been tapped?

TIA!
I believe it will only recognize your pass via Express Mode. You’ll have to follow the procedure I outlined to open your wallet and pull up your daughter’s pass to scan. You can practice with it now - I only have my pass in my watch wallet, and when I open the wallet I can scroll through the CCs to my pass, and it says Hold Near Reader for each CC and for my pass. I’m not sure if it will say the same for your daughter’s pass when you scroll to it too, but it probably will - check it out!

I had this. I went into the watch app on my phone and did it that way (it was already in my iPhone wallet). Watch-wallet & Apple Pay

That’s the message I keep getting on my iPhone when trying to add it in wallet!

That’s the message I keep getting on my iPhone when trying to add it in wallet!
What model iPhone and what iOS version? MobileMagic requires iOS version 14.4 or later.

If you also have an Apple Watch, it must be a Series 3 or later running WatchOS 7.3 or later.

How do I know if Express Mode is enabled on my watch? I just added the MagicMobile Pass from my app and I got an error message but it did work on my watch (though not my phone).

Also, we have magic bands from January 2020. Will those still work now? We have a one day trip planned for next Tuesday.

How do I know if Express Mode is enabled on my watch? I just added the MagicMobile Pass from my app and I got an error message but it did work on my watch (though not my phone).
Select the pass in "Wallet & Apple Pay" in the Watch app on your iPhone.

Also, we have magic bands from January 2020. Will those still work now? We have a one day trip planned for next Tuesday.
Those MagicBand will continue to work as long as they are flagged as "Active" in MagicBands & Cards. Since they are a only a little over a year old, they should still work for automatic linking of ride photos as well.

Select the pass in "Wallet & Apple Pay" in the Watch app on your iPhone.

Those MagicBand will continue to work as long as they are flagged as "Active" in MagicBands & Cards. Since they are a only a little over a year old, they should still work for automatic linking of ride photos as well.
When I select the pass on my watch it just says double click to use. Is there supposed to be some indicator that Express Mode is active?

In the Watch app on your phone, tap on Wallet & Apple Pay, then on Disney MagicMobile Pass, then scroll down below the QR code to the toggle that says Express Mode, and make sure it’s green. If so, when tapping into a park your watch will work as a MB (tap the watch face to the Mickey), but only for your ticket. If you have other people’s tickets on your watch, you have to open the wallet and tap each one, as described above.

The Express Mode setting can be found under 'Wallet & Apple Pay" in the Watch app on your iPhone.
In the Watch app on your phone, tap on Wallet & Apple Pay, then on Disney MagicMobile Pass, then scroll down below the QR code to the toggle that says Express Mode, and make sure it’s green. If so, when tapping into a park your watch will work as a MB (tap the watch face to the Mickey), but only for your ticket. If you have other people’s tickets on your watch, you have to open the wallet and tap each one, as described above.
Thank you both. I had missed the on the phone part of the instructions. I'm currently looking for my magic bands from our January 2020 trip. I've found 4 out of 5, just missing the one for my daughter so far. Can I assume that I can set up the one and only pass on my watch to be my daughter's pass (instead of mine since I'll have a magic band) and use that to enter the park for her? She'd use her finger of course but I'd scan my watch for her.

Thank you both. I had missed the on the phone part of the instructions. I'm currently looking for my magic bands from our January 2020 trip. I've found 4 out of 5, just missing the one for my daughter so far. Can I assume that I can set up the one and only pass on my watch to be my daughter's pass (instead of mine since I'll have a magic band) and use that to enter the park for her? She'd use her finger of course but I'd scan my watch for her.
I am really not sure. I think the Express Mode defaults to the MDE account owner’s pass (yours) and can’t be changed, so you’d have to open the watch wallet and scroll to her pass then scan that. BTW, currently there are no finger scans. And if you’re staying on site, you can buy her a plain MB for $10 via MDE in advance of your trip.

I think the Express Mode defaults to the MDE account owner’s pass (yours) and can’t be changed, so you’d have to open the watch wallet and scroll to her pass then scan that.

This is exactly how it works. I saw more than one person fumbling with this when I was just down there.

Personally even as a watch owner I never bothered using MM when I was down there even though I set it up as soon as you could. I like magic bands too much to give them up. The only way I’d ever switch over entirely is if they add room unlocking and (more importantly for fun) come out with watch band designs in the vein of magic bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter