• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Apollo13

eetsoop

UO Veteran
This is probably old news, b/c i havnt been following discussions as much what with school and all. Anyway I got this nugget of info in the ThrillNetwork newsletter:

Universal Studios will knock our socks off again with the debut of thenew Apollo 13 coaster. Designed by Intamin, this ride will take the AmazingAdventures of Spiderman and add real life coaster thrills to amazing3D technlogy to create what is sure to be a monumental thrill ride experience.Riders will travel inside an actual Apollo command module over the coastertrack while looking at the effects outside through windows. The ridewill feature drops, turns and inversions making this the most technologicallyadvanced ride on the planet. Be sure to check ThrillNetwork for all theschematics of Apollo 13.

Sounds cool.

Old news... ain't going to happen. Sorry... there is a patent in place to protect furture interest in the concept, but that's about it.

I got it too- great news letter. IMHO the plans look to detailed to just be "protecting the future". Plus Universal needs something just for me.

Will there be any annoucements of attractions in the near future?

That rumor did seem weird because it was sent out in a news letter, which made me think it was official. I went searching all the sites and found nothing.

Good point about announcing. While the parks don't "owe us anything" as many say, it helps when they announce because it stops the rumors. Since the Orlando/Tampa parks can run all year around, they may not have an official season, but to me, there is a season starting in May and ending in October. So what's my point?
Many fans expect each park to announce their plans for next year, it gives us something to look forward too. Even if the park is not adding a major ride, it still helps to announce expected improvments so that people know what is going on.

If the Orlando/Tampa parks really wanted to attract the Northern destination travelers, a good idea would be to build the ride/improvement so that they are ready by February. Orlando would then become the first parks that "open" for the new season. Most people on the message boards up north are going nuts in the month of February with nothing to do. That's the time to attract them down to Orlando with a new ride opening, and a kickoff to the season.

Let's look at some of the parks as an example.
Holiday World - New trains for their wooden coaster.
CP - Wicked Twister (Web site even has construction pics)

IOA - ???
USF - ???
BGT - ???
SWF - ???
BGW - ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter