AP verification at check in?

Tonyspad

Disney or Bust for us!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am an AP holder who was NOT able to secure a discounted room for our May trip. The reason I bring this up is that I have read may posts that Disney does not request to see the AP most of the time. I would add that everytime I have checked in with an AP rate I have never been asked to show it to the Cast Member. Could it be that most of the AP rooms were taken by people that do not have an AP and have no intention of getting one??

I wouldn't think so. I got an AP rate and ordered the AP. I wouldnt *NOT* want to take a chance of going to the hotel and the CM asks to see it (or the voucher) and then saying "since you don't have one, you are being charged rack rate). At a deluxe that is at least $100 more/night in many cases.

If someone is going to take that chance, then they really didn't need the discount since they are risking being charged rack rate.

Both times I've gotten AP rates, I had to show my AP at check in. I wouldn't take a chance.

We did a split stay in January. At WL I was not asked for it, but five days later at the AKL I was. When I asked the CM about it, she told me they were supposed to ask for it now if it didn't show up in the computer and since I had just had mine validated earlier that week, she guessed it just wasn't in the system yet. She said she didn't know why the WL didn't ask for it. According to her, they were told that if it didn't show up in the system to always ask for it, to cut down on people using the AP codes that didn't really qualify for them. Of course at the WL I had told them I only had the voucher and would be getting it validated later that day and was reaching in my bag for it when the CM said she didn't need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter