Ap room discount dates

Thanks. I redid the math, and it turns out I'd only save $40 or so over sticking with the current reservation & 3 park unlimited, so I didn't change anything. I'll keep an eye open for further rate drops.

Thanks. I redid the math, and it turns out I'd only save $40 or so over sticking with the current reservation & 3 park unlimited, so I didn't change anything. I'll keep an eye open for further rate drops.

Well, that's still $40. And with a Preferred AP you get a discount on most food and even merchandise. It adds up.

5by5, have you checked the "date and rate" thread from last year to see if anyone got an AP rate for that time before?

No one had those dates on last year's thread. :( Got my fingers crossed because we'd really to stay the Portofino again but not for $350 a night!

Well, that's still $40. And with a Preferred AP you get a discount on most food and even merchandise. It adds up.

Is the AP discount any better than the AAA discount? We're already AAA members, and I remember getting 10% of a lot of stuff on our last trip. Or do they stack?

Is the AP discount any better than the AAA discount? We're already AAA members, and I remember getting 10% of a lot of stuff on our last trip. Or do they stack?

no stacking.

call and talk to reservations.
they will walk you throught which discount code will be best for you in saving money.

i have received good AAA discounts before and have also had the same luck with the APH rates.

on some of my trips, the general promotion code of smsm beat both of the above discounts.

AAA and AP allows the same 10% discount off of food and merch in the parks.
some places in city walk also.

So I went ahead and modified my reservation to the APH rate. Next question - when I arrive at HRH, I'll have my APH in hand, but it won't have been activated yet, since we'll go to the hotel before the parks. Will they make me run over to a park to activate it before we can check in, or will I be able to activate it later that day and just show them the activated pass later?

Also, does anyone know if I can buy a Wetnwild ticket with the APH discount on their website, or does at only apply at the front gate?

So I went ahead and modified my reservation to the APH rate. Next question - when I arrive at HRH, I'll have my APH in hand, but it won't have been activated yet, since we'll go to the hotel before the parks. Will they make me run over to a park to activate it before we can check in, or will I be able to activate it later that day and just show them the activated pass later?

They don't need to have the actual AP at checkin, and they will tell you when they need to see the AP. Don't worry. :)

They don't need to have the actual AP at checkin, and they will tell you when they need to see the AP. Don't worry. :)

But the more I worry now :worried:, the more I'll enjoy my vacation later ! ;)
You should see me the day before we leave...

Thanks for the info.

Also, does anyone know if I can buy a Wetnwild ticket with the APH discount on their website, or does at only apply at the front gate?

i know ap holders can get the discount.
don't know the procedure if that means at the gate or in advance.

you could call for that info or send an email to guest services.

onsite hotel guests can use the free shuttle to wet and wild (besides the other places).
check with the hotel lobby concierge about booking your seat & time on the shuttle. it is a free rt but you need to book it so you'll have a seat.

I actually bought my AP, my family's park tickets, and our HHN tickets at the front desk when I checked in at the HRH last October. Had no problem with any of that, and did not activate anything at that point to get the AP discounted room we had reserved using APH discount.

Everyone was so helpful and pleasant, and there were no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter