AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I talked to DVC yesterday (for BooBash tickets, ugh), and I asked about recovery APs, they said to call the VIPassholder line. When I did, I somehow got lost in a sea of options. I just ended up hanging up.

We had Gold (DVC) passes, got the refund in 2020. Would like the "recovery" AP, gold works for us again. So what option should I choose on the phone #? I am aware thanks to this thread there's a 2-6 week call back period, which is fine since we do not travel until October. Lastly, I am guessing this is at the full rate and not renewal pricing?

Yup, 3 phone calls to the AP line and a few online chats. First call to let them know I'd like to buy passes again. Second call to ask if they could expedite the call since we're traveling this month from out of state and I need to finalize my plans-that CM told me they don't expedite calls. 3rd call I was on hold for over an hour and they told me they would transfer me to the team that expedites calls. The AP extension team told the CM to relay the message to me that "Rest assured, I would be contacted before I traveled." I've never had to work so hard to give a business my money. :confused3

This is a dumb question but are you eligible for the exception? Did you have APs last year and cancel them? That's how I knew I was good to go.

This is a dumb question but are you eligible for the exception? Did you have APs last year and cancel them? That's how I knew I was good to go.
I should be-our AP’s expired in September of 2020 and I didn’t renew because I’m high risk and wanted to wait until I was vaccinated to go back.

I am waiting on a callback for my recovery pass, hoping to hear back before a trip my daughter and I are doing June 29 - July 1. I called about a week ago so I’m not too worried about whether I’ll hear back in time, but I was hoping to see if there are any reasonable passholder discount rate rooms for those dates (we’re currently booked in Pop). Would anyone be able to check what passholder discount rooms (if any) are available for June 29 - July 1 right now? If there’s nothing much available then I’ll stop worrying too much about when I’ll get my callback. :)

I am waiting on a callback for my recovery pass, hoping to hear back before a trip my daughter and I are doing June 29 - July 1. I called about a week ago so I’m not too worried about whether I’ll hear back in time, but I was hoping to see if there are any reasonable passholder discount rate rooms for those dates (we’re currently booked in Pop). Would anyone be able to check what passholder discount rooms (if any) are available for June 29 - July 1 right now? If there’s nothing much available then I’ll stop worrying too much about when I’ll get my callback. :)
I just checked and found three resorts from 6/29 to 7/1. All prices are before tax. Coronado is $210.m, Art if animation is $410.25 and Pop Century is $150.00. I don’t know the tax rate

I just checked and found three resorts from 6/29 to 7/1. All prices are before tax. Coronado is $210.m, Art if animation is $410.25 and Pop Century is $150.00. I don’t know the tax rate

Thank you so much!! This is super helpful -- at least I know that there's a possibility of applying to room discount on my current room if it's still available once I get my recovery pass!

Thank you so much!! This is super helpful -- at least I know that there's a possibility of applying to room discount on my current room if it's still available once I get my recovery pass!
You are very welcome. I hope you hear back soon. I had to get a recovery pass too. It took a little less than 2 weeks. Good luck

I talked to DVC yesterday (for BooBash tickets, ugh), and I asked about recovery APs, they said to call the VIPassholder line. When I did, I somehow got lost in a sea of options. I just ended up hanging up.

We had Gold (DVC) passes, got the refund in 2020. Would like the "recovery" AP, gold works for us again. So what option should I choose on the phone #? I am aware thanks to this thread there's a 2-6 week call back period, which is fine since we do not travel until October. Lastly, I am guessing this is at the full rate and not renewal pricing?
I think you would pay the full DVC price and the pass would not start until you activate it. I had family member that also had issues with the phone options. Is there an option for passholder services/assistance or something like that? I know you do not want to approach as if you are trying to buy new passes.

I’m sorry if this has been asked… please link to correct post if it has…

My husband and I let our passes expire in January since we live in NJ and with travel restrictions it would have been impossible to travel. Our daughter has a Platinum AP which we renewed last year. We now have a trip scheduled for the end of July and bought 10 day tickets.
1. Is it possible to apply the cost of that ticket to getting our APs back?
2. Can we handle this in person when we arrive in WDW or do I have to call?
TYIA

I’m sorry if this has been asked… please link to correct post if it has…

My husband and I let our passes expire in January since we live in NJ and with travel restrictions it would have been impossible to travel. Our daughter has a Platinum AP which we renewed last year. We now have a trip scheduled for the end of July and bought 10 day tickets.
1. Is it possible to apply the cost of that ticket to getting our APs back?
2. Can we handle this in person when we arrive in WDW or do I have to call?
TYIA

1. yes you should be able to apply the value of the ticket to the AP
2. I don't know if it can be handled in person or not. I would call and at least get on the list for a call back.

I know things are a bit hazy right now when it comes to APs, but I wanted to get peoples' thoughts on my current situation.
  • Currently up for renewal for my DVC Member Platinum Pass with a expiration date of July 10th, 2021.
  • Thinking about Gold Passes due to upcoming birth of children, i.e. don't see myself needing to go at Christmas this year (2021) or Spring Break/Easter next year (2022).
  • Is it possible to renew from a DVC Platinum Pass to a DVC Gold Pass?
  • I do see myself going around Christmas, December 2022, so on my renewal date of July 10th, 2022, can I renew from the DVC Gold Pass back to the DVC Platinum pass?
Was hoping someone has a similar situation in the past so was looking for some insight. If I could do the above it would save us around $325.90!

I know things are a bit hazy right now when it comes to APs, but I wanted to get peoples' thoughts on my current situation.
  • Currently up for renewal for my DVC Member Platinum Pass with a expiration date of July 10th, 2021.
  • Thinking about Gold Passes due to upcoming birth of children, i.e. don't see myself needing to go at Christmas this year (2021) or Spring Break/Easter next year (2022).
  • I do see myself going around Christmas, December 2022, so on my renewal date of July 10th, 2022, can I renew from the DVC Gold Pass back to the DVC Platinum pass?
Was hoping someone has a similar situation in the past so was looking for some insight. If I could do the above it would save us around $325.90!
you can definitely go from DVC Plat to Gold, I have done it a few times. And I am willing to bet you could then go back to Plat next year. I don't see them not taking more money from you.
DVC member services can do this for you.

Yes, when you renew you’re free to renew at a lower-level or higher-level pass at the renewal rate. You can go any direction.

Lucked out last night and called about the possibility of getting a voucher for an AP since mine expired in May of 2020. Only spent 5 minutes on hold, apparently calling around 10:30 on a Sunday night was a good idea.

Talked to a great CM who took my info and told me that I should be eligible to get another AP, and to wait for a callback. Hoping she was right!

Lucked out last night and called about the possibility of getting a voucher for an AP since mine expired in May of 2020. Only spent 5 minutes on hold, apparently calling around 10:30 on a Sunday night was a good idea.

Talked to a great CM who took my info and told me that I should be eligible to get another AP, and to wait for a callback. Hoping she was right!
What number did you call and what selection (ie 1,3 etc) did you pick? Thanks!

What number did you call and what selection (ie 1,3 etc) did you pick? Thanks!

I had sent an email hoping I could avoid what have been really long hold times, and got this reply back:

'For assistance with your Annual Pass, please call our Passholder Help Desk at 407-WDW-PASS (407-939-7277). At the voice prompt, please state "Passholder Help Desk" to be routed to our department. Cast Members are available from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week.'

So I called the number, and just kept saying Passholder Help Desk, I never hit any numbers on the keypad.

I had sent an email hoping I could avoid what have been really long hold times, and got this reply back:

'For assistance with your Annual Pass, please call our Passholder Help Desk at 407-WDW-PASS (407-939-7277). At the voice prompt, please state "Passholder Help Desk" to be routed to our department. Cast Members are available from 7:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week.'

So I called the number, and just kept saying Passholder Help Desk, I never hit any numbers on the keypad.
Thanks! I felt really stupid when I called the other day and got lost in the phone tree. Really appreciate it!

Thanks! I felt really stupid when I called the other day and got lost in the phone tree. Really appreciate it!

Those phone trees are a nightmare, and now I'm wondering if I just got lucky with timing last night, or if by not pushing any buttons it got me in quicker. The Disney phone system leaves much to be desired, I sometimes end up in an unintended spot and have to be put on hold again.

I'm just tired of calling, then being put on hold for an hour and a half or more, that's happened more than a few times in the last year.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered. Has anyone had success upgrading their AP while WDW has stopped selling APs due to Covid? I have a FL resident Silver Pass, and my next trip is during the blockout. I would need to upgrade to Platinum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter