AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

DH and I cancelled our APs last August and got partial refunds. Am I understanding correctly that I can call and ask to purchase new APs? If we do that over the phone when will they be active? We may not make it down until October/November.

DH and I cancelled our APs last August and got partial refunds. Am I understanding correctly that I can call and ask to purchase new APs? If we do that over the phone when will they be active? We may not make it down until October/November.
You will get AP vouchers, that won't be activated until your next trip!

You will get AP vouchers, that won't be activated until your next trip!
Wow that’s great! I’ll try to call tomorrow and get it taken care of so I don’t miss out. Wonder how long they’ll allow this? And just to double check- these won’t expire?- they’re good until I’m actually there and activate them and then good for a year from that day? We’re planning for October but you just never know. Sorry if the answer is obvious but just making sure I understand correctly. Thanks!

Wow that’s great! I’ll try to call tomorrow and get it taken care of so I don’t miss out. Wonder how long they’ll allow this? And just to double check- these won’t expire?- they’re good until I’m actually there and activate them and then good for a year from that day? We’re planning for October but you just never know. Sorry if the answer is obvious but just making sure I understand correctly. Thanks!
That is correct.

Hello - has anyone (if you were approved for a “recovery AP pass”) been able to make an upgrade from the last AP you held?

Our APs expires May 2020. I called AP services tonight and was told we may be eligible to purchase the recovery AP passes, but we can only purchase at the same level we had before. Since we had Gold, this would mean we can only purchase Gold. I have a trip booked 12/26-1/2 and was really hoping to purchase Platinum passes.

Can anyone verify that this is correct - no upgrades allowed if, in fact, you are deemed eligible to purchase new passes?
Thanks!

Are you staying onsite? If so, I’d book a package with tickets. If you get your upgraded passes, call to drop the tickets & change it to a ticketless package. The nice thing about packages is you can change them without penalty until 30 days out. So you don’t “own” the tickets ahead of time. But you’re able to reserve park passes with them. If you get your APs, just make sure they’re linked before you cancel the package tickets.

We are DVC staying on points so no packages. That would be nice to be able to cancel them like that. Thanks though!

Hello - has anyone (if you were approved for a “recovery AP pass”) been able to make an upgrade from the last AP you held?

Our APs expires May 2020. I called AP services tonight and was told we may be eligible to purchase the recovery AP passes, but we can only purchase at the same level we had before. Since we had Gold, this would mean we can only purchase Gold. I have a trip booked 12/26-1/2 and was really hoping to purchase Platinum passes.

Can anyone verify that this is correct - no upgrades allowed if, in fact, you are deemed eligible to purchase new passes?
Thanks!

The CM who called me back on Sunday asked if I wanted to upgrade to Platinum. I told her that Gold has worked fine, and I wanted to stick with it. She then looked at my upcoming trips to make sure there were no block out dates involved. There weren't, so we proceeded with a Gold pass purchase. So, I did have the option to upgrade according to the CM that called me back.

has anyone (if you were approved for a “recovery AP pass”) been able to make an upgrade from the last AP you held?
I had no issues doing the opposite. I went from a Florida resident gold pass (payment plan) to a dvc gold pass( pay in advance) without any issues.

Quick question...Are we still talking about renewals? on AP's or ones that were previously cancelled for a refund or such? Or are we talking about Upgrading/purchasing new ones.. I've been outta the loop for like 2 mos. And curiously waiting to upgrade what was originally a 10 day hopper *(Now only 3 days left) to a DVC gold.... Hoping I'm able to do this before our trip in 28 days... TIA

Everyone is still talking about recovery APs or those that were eligible in some way due to being a previous/expired passholder. The others who want to upgrade park tickets and didn’t have an AP are still just patiently waiting (myself included). 😢

Thanks!

We had Gold APs that we had canceled and were offered both the Gold and an upgrade to the Platinum APs when the VIP office called us back which we purchased since we'd be at WDW during a block out period.

We are DVC staying on points so no packages. That would be nice to be able to cancel them like that. Thanks though!
Something you could consider is booking a package anyway. I think the deposit is only $200, and final payment isn’t due for quite some time, but having that package gives you the ability to book park passes now while waiting for the tickets you want to become available. Then when you get the tickets you want (or the ones you finally have to buy), you cancel the entire package, not just the tickets. As long as you link the new tickets to MDE before you cancel the package, you’ll keep your park reservations.

Does anyone know if a Florida Resident renews their pass and then moves out of state before it expires if they are still able to use their resident pass until it expires or if they'll have to upgrade? I am assuming since they only usually look at ID at the start it won't matter, but I want to be sure before we renew. My boyfriend has a Silver Pass, but will likely be moving out of state in the next 6 months, so he'll still have a half a year left on it most likely. TIA!

Something you could consider is booking a package anyway. I think the deposit is only $200, and final payment isn’t due for quite some time, but having that package gives you the ability to book park passes now while waiting for the tickets you want to become available. Then when you get the tickets you want (or the ones you finally have to buy), you cancel the entire package, not just the tickets. As long as you link the new tickets to MDE before you cancel the package, you’ll keep your park reservations.

Thanks! That’s brilliant. I assumed park passes were tied to the tickets you made them with. I’m glad to know they are not!

Thanks! That’s brilliant. I assumed park passes were tied to the tickets you made them with. I’m glad to know they are not!

oh, but if we already have DVC reservations under our names, doesn’t the system cancel any reservations for the same people on same night?

oh, but if we already have DVC reservations under our names, doesn’t the system cancel any reservations for the same people on same night?
So far as I know, the DVC and cash reservation systems don’t talk to each other. But what you could do is put a different lead guest on each one, similar to what we do when booking 2 DVC villas for the same dates.

Any recent callback reports? I’m trying to figure out when my return call will be and if the Boo Bash mayhem of yesterday is going to prolong my return call. I called 13 days ago and from what I’ve read here it’s been around 2.5 weeks so hopefully they’re still on track.

Sooooo I just called last night for the heck of it, explained my story and they let me buy two Epcot After 4 passes with will call at Disney Springs July 3. Have you just tried calling VIPassholder line?

Sooooo I just called last night for the heck of it, explained my story and they let me buy two Epcot After 4 passes with will call at Disney Springs July 3. Have you just tried calling VIPassholder line?
Yup, 3 phone calls to the AP line and a few online chats. First call to let them know I'd like to buy passes again. Second call to ask if they could expedite the call since we're traveling this month from out of state and I need to finalize my plans-that CM told me they don't expedite calls. 3rd call I was on hold for over an hour and they told me they would transfer me to the team that expedites calls. The AP extension team told the CM to relay the message to me that "Rest assured, I would be contacted before I traveled." I've never had to work so hard to give a business my money. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!