AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Hoping some of you knowledgeable people can help me. :) I have an AP voucher that I purchased for our trip in May 2020. Of course that got cancelled. I haven't stayed up to date very much because I wasn't sure when we were going to go. We now are booked for the end of April! WOOHOO!
my question is do AP holders still get the MemoryMAker/Photapass benefit that used to come with the AP? Things are so different right now and with AP's not being sold I can't find the information. Thank you for help! :)
Thanks to the extensions, we haven't renewed our APs yet, but we used them in November and were also at WDW during blockout dates near Christmas (using regular tickets to get into the parks), and we still had full PhotoPass benefits for both trips. So yes, it appears it's still a benefit with APs.

I know you can be put on a call back list to buy a new AP if you cancelled during this process... does anyone know if you buy a regular ticket if you'd be able to upgrade to an AP at guest relations?
I'm interested in the answer to this as well as we are on property this week and it would be relevant to us. My pass was still active in August of 2020.

I'm interested in the answer to this as well as we are on property this week and it would be relevant to us. My pass was still active in August of 2020.

I am on hold with AP ticketing now. They are going to refund the ticket and apply the money towards the new AP.

Update: All set! I can already see the AP on my account.

Last edited:

Premier passholder here. I received my refund by check in the mail yesterday. It was for $300 more than I was expecting. Also, I called Disney on 2/1 to renew down to a WDW pass. They called back on 2/19 and I was able to renew down to gold, I’m a blue card dvc member. Additionally my renewal was issued as a certificate so it’s not suppose to start until I actually redeem it.

Premier passholder here. I received my refund by check in the mail yesterday. It was for $300 more than I was expecting. Also, I called Disney on 2/1 to renew down to a WDW pass. They called back on 2/19 and I was able to renew down to gold, I’m a blue card dvc member. Additionally my renewal was issued as a certificate so it’s not suppose to start until I actually redeem it.
Did you pay Gold renewal price, $650ish? If so, and your year starts when you activate it, you did very well!

Did you pay Gold renewal price, $650ish? If so, and your year starts when you activate it, you did very well!
I paid the renewal price. It currently shows in my account as a certificate and the cast member that processed it said it won’t start until I redeem it that’s it’s basically a voucher like if it were a new pass. My premier pass refund also fully paid for the new pass.

I paid the renewal price. It currently shows in my account as a certificate and the cast member that processed it said it won’t start until I redeem it that’s it’s basically a voucher like if it were a new pass. My premier pass refund also fully paid for the new pass.
I don't know that that is accurate. Mine also shows as a certificate, but I know once I activate/use it, the expiration date will be one year from my original expiration.

I don't know that that is accurate. Mine also shows as a certificate, but I know once I activate/use it, the expiration date will be one year from my original expiration.
Are you 100% certain on that? The cast member I talked to said the expiration date would be determined based on the redemption date. This was also a premier pass downgrade. If it was based on original expiration that was back in July.

That doesn't seem to make any sense, since vouchers are 1 yr from activation. If you waited until 2029 to activate, how would it expire one year from your original expiration?

DVC and WDW info about passes is hard to find online
Trying to decide on renewing Platinum DVC soon... I am wondering what they would consider my true renewal date with that extension.
Could you break down with more pricing besides $300 more than you expected?
Premiere = $2099 How many days did you actually use your PP ?
Platinum Plus Pass = $1379 ................. DVC $1172
Platinum .= $1272.................. DVC $1081
Gold .= ?
Almost seems like a better deal for all that cancelled and now renewing than for those of us that did not cancel our AP.
Appreciate any info you share and understand if you do not want to share.
I plan to go to guest services and actually not wait on phone one of these days. Maybe this Thursday and will share ...
Thanks!

I never did find pricing from Disney and just googled for pricing in general for this ...so might not be correct but close?

Last edited:
That doesn't seem to make any sense, since vouchers are 1 yr from activation. If you waited until 2029 to activate, how would it expire one year from your original expiration?
There is a difference between a renewal certificate and an AP voucher. Vouchers do expire one year from activation, but renewal certificates are supposed to expire one year from the original expiration, because it is just that, a renewal, not a new pass (which are more expensive)

DVC and WDW info about passes is hard to find online
Trying to decide on renewing Platinum DVC soon... I am wondering what they would consider my true renewal date with that extension.
Could you break down with more pricing besides $300 more than you expected?
Premiere = $2099 How many days did you actually use your PP ?
Platinum Plus Pass = $1379 ................. DVC $1172
Platinum .= $1272.................. DVC $1081
Gold .= ?
Almost seems like a better deal for all that cancelled and now renewing than for those of us that did not cancel our AP.
Appreciate any info you share and understand if you do not want to share.
I plan to go to guest services and actually not wait on phone one of these days. Maybe this Thursday and will share ...
Thanks!

I never did find pricing from Disney and just googled for pricing in general for this ...so might not be correct but close?
I paid $650.72 for the Gold renewal at the DVC rate. This was inclusive of tax.

Here are the details on my Premier Pass cost / refund:
The "Value" of my pass should have been based on upgrade date: $2,167.22 ($2,099 plus tax on the WDW half)
Amount I paid towards pass: $1,868.22 (I still had 2 payments left of ~$110/each, as I had upgraded to Premier from a Disneyland Signature Plus pass)
Refunds Issued: $45.09 in November for waterparks plus $732.73 issued last week
Effective Price: $1,090.40

When I did the math back in January based on the information Disney had provided I was expecting a refund in the $430 range. My pass was originally set to expire on 7/22/2020. I also on the pass logged 34 days at WDW (29 over 5 trips pre Covid/ 5 days on 1 trip after reopening) and somewhere around 30ish days at DLR.

There is a difference between a renewal certificate and an AP voucher. Vouchers do expire one year from activation, but renewal certificates are supposed to expire one year from the original expiration, because it is just that, a renewal, not a new pass (which are more expensive)
My renewal certificate has the 2099 date attached to it. If it's suppose to expire one year from expiration it should have the 2022 date attached.

Renewal was the only purchase option but was told the start date begins upon activation. It was put into the notes.

I paid $650.72 for the Gold renewal at the DVC rate. This was inclusive of tax.

Here are the details on my Premier Pass cost / refund:
The "Value" of my pass should have been based on upgrade date: $2,167.22 ($2,099 plus tax on the WDW half)
Amount I paid towards pass: $1,868.22 (I still had 2 payments left of ~$110/each, as I had upgraded to Premier from a Disneyland Signature Plus pass)
Refunds Issued: $45.09 in November for waterparks plus $732.73 issued last week
Effective Price: $1,090.40

When I did the math back in January based on the information Disney had provided I was expecting a refund in the $430 range. My pass was originally set to expire on 7/22/2020. I also on the pass logged 34 days at WDW (29 over 5 trips pre Covid/ 5 days on 1 trip after reopening) and somewhere around 30ish days at DLR.

My renewal certificate has the 2099 date attached to it. If it's suppose to expire one year from expiration it should have the 2022 date attached.
Mine is a renewal, I renewed right before my pass expired in January and it has the 2099 date.

Yes you will
Hi Mitsukoshi Samurai, you seem fairly knowledgeable about the renewals. Our APs expired last February, but our 30 day window was after they closed. I received an email from Disney stating that they would extend renewal windows. Do you think we would be able to renew? I'm waiting for a call back from VIP AP but we will be there on Monday. Would the ticket office at Disney Springs be able to take care of this? We purchased tickets and were hoping they would let us apply it towards the APs if they allow us to renew. Thank you for your time,
Tony

I spent an hour and 10 minutes on hold yesterday waiting to talk to a pass holder rep. Our APs expired in Nov/Dec and I didn’t renew them, since we were planning a trip to Jamaica. Now that we’re planning a trip to Disney instead, I called and asked if we could renew. I was told we should be able to, since our pass expired in the last few months but that it would be at full price. She submitted a form for a callback and said it may take 30 days.

Our trip is planned for 5/05 so I only have about a week+ before food reservations need to be made. Plus, I’d like to make park reservations soon. If I buy tickets now, will they be able to apply that cost towards a new AP? Or will I be stuck holding the bag on these extra tickets?

Follow up question: If I’m allowed to but the new AP, are they activated based on when the last ones expired? Or based on when we go back and start using them (like a brand new AP voucher)?

I spent an hour and 10 minutes on hold yesterday waiting to talk to a pass holder rep. Our APs expired in Nov/Dec and I didn’t renew them, since we were planning a trip to Jamaica. Now that we’re planning a trip to Disney instead, I called and asked if we could renew. I was told we should be able to, since our pass expired in the last few months but that it would be at full price. She submitted a form for a callback and said it may take 30 days.

Our trip is planned for 5/05 so I only have about a week+ before food reservations need to be made. Plus, I’d like to make park reservations soon. If I buy tickets now, will they be able to apply that cost towards a new AP? Or will I be stuck holding the bag on these extra tickets?

Follow up question: If I’m allowed to but the new AP, are they activated based on when the last ones expired? Or based on when we go back and start using them (like a brand new AP voucher)?
In your case, since they said full price, it would be a new voucher.

Hi Mitsukoshi Samurai, you seem fairly knowledgeable about the renewals. Our APs expired last February, but our 30 day window was after they closed. I received an email from Disney stating that they would extend renewal windows. Do you think we would be able to renew? I'm waiting for a call back from VIP AP but we will be there on Monday. Would the ticket office at Disney Springs be able to take care of this? We purchased tickets and were hoping they would let us apply it towards the APs if they allow us to renew. Thank you for your time,
Tony

Probably not, but I'd love to hear otherwise.
My sister in FL let her AP lapse Jan 28, 2020. Renewal window expired 2 weeks before the parks closed. She has been denied the chance to buy/renew APs multiple times over the phone and in person at both DS and MK. They are purchasing their second set of FL resident tickets for our next trips.

Has anyone else heard of any luck getting new AP renewals or vouchers in this situation lately? I know initially it was a solid 'no' but there seems to be more flexibility recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter