AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I bit the bullet and bought new passes. I have some old passes that I'd like to upgrade but there is no telling when I would get to use them. What's interesting is the exp date on my account.

Silver Pass

Product Details
Silver Pass
Expires: Thu, Dec 31, 2099

I bit the bullet and bought new passes. I have some old passes that I'd like to upgrade but there is no telling when I would get to use them. What's interesting is the exp date on my account.

Silver Pass

Product Details
Silver Pass
Expires: Thu, Dec 31, 2099
It’s actually an unactivated voucher

So we took two refunds and took the extensions on the other two. Of course we never actually used those extensions :-(. Now they are up for renewal. DVC gold passes. My question is, do you know if we renew with member services, but never actually activate the renewals, would we lose them completely or could we apply the price of the renewal toward a new pass (someday) or other tickets? I want to renew, but want to know if I have any options just in case we end up not being able to go within the year.

So we took two refunds and took the extensions on the other two. Of course we never actually used those extensions :-(. Now they are up for renewal. DVC gold passes. My question is, do you know if we renew with member services, but never actually activate the renewals, would we lose them completely or could we apply the price of the renewal toward a new pass (someday) or other tickets? I want to renew, but want to know if I have any options just in case we end up not being able to go within the year.

Your renewal will expire 1 year from your anniversary date. If you never activate it then after one year it will be worthless. I don't see a point in renewing if you don't know if you will return to make the renewal worth it. The concern I'd have is no one knows when new AP's will come available, how much they will cost or what the restrictions will be if you decide not to renew with plans of purchasing a new AP later

Please let is know if they will let you upgrade your 10 day pass. I tried to upgrade and old four-day pass. I was denied at Disney springs as well as over the phone
I called yesterday since it had been 11 days with no call. They said they were behind but I was on the list. Hopefully by day 14/15 they should be calling.

I called yesterday since it had been 11 days with no call. They said they were behind but I was on the list. Hopefully by day 14/15 they should be calling.

Perhaps call right before they close? I called at 9:45 because I wanted to ask about a refund that I am due. In addition I had some questions about purchasing a new AP. The CM messaged a member on the AP team and before my call was over the CM said if I wanted to go ahead and make the purchase and I said yes. Someone on the AP team called me back 5 minutes later.

I stopped by Disney Springs today to purchase my passes. They said that they would accept a gift card, however the start day of my new AP would be effective today. She spoke with someone else to confirm if that was true and they confirmed. I kindly passed on the offer and decided to call again. The other thing of note with my DS trip is they also said they cannot upgrade existing tickets (I have a couple unused 4 day passes that I was going to apply towards the purchase).

While walking back to my car I called the passholder line. The person I spoke with this time said that I had a note on my account to purchase a pass so she was going to allow me to purchase using a gift card. I explained to her that DS said that my date would start today so she placed me on hold and when she came back she said the exact same thing. The first day of my pass would be the day I purchase my pass so she suggested that I just wait until I decide to visit a park since there is a note on my account to allow for the purchase of a pass.

I just wanted to post an update on this in case another Florida resident runs into the same situation. Long story short in July I was called to purcahse new AP passes. The person on the phone said they couldn't take gift card but that Disney Springs also is able to sell me an AP and will process my gift cards. I go to Disney Springs and yes they tell me that they will take my gift card but that my anniversary date will start the day of my purcahse. I leave Disney Springs and call the AP line to explain my situation. That member places me on hold then comes back to confirm that my anniversary date would start the day of my purchase.

3 months later I decide to call because I'm still missing a refund. I inquire about AP's and the person says they can accept gift cards and my anniversary date will start the first day I enter a park. Why did it take 3 calls and a visit to Disney Springs for this?

Your renewal will expire 1 year from your anniversary date. If you never activate it then after one year it will be worthless. I don't see a point in renewing if you don't know if you will return to make the renewal worth it. The concern I'd have is no one knows when new AP's will come available, how much they will cost or what the restrictions will be if you decide not to renew with plans of purchasing a new AP later
Because in my case I need two 7 day hoppers and my renewal price on my 2 passes, is a whopping $5 more than the two hoppers.

Because in my case I need two 7 day hoppers and my renewal price on my 2 passes, is a whopping $5 more than the two hoppers.
That’s our reason for renewing too! Our APs were extended to mid-March, so we’re coming in early March and figured we wouldn’t be back until November or even December and could buy new APs or even just PH. But after looking at prices for the likely dates we’d go and knowing we’ll probably be back in early 2022, it makes more sense to renew now.

We cancelled our dvc annual passes and decided we would like to repurchase. Would we have better luck calling the vip annual pass holder line or dvc member services?

Did you request a refund? I believe you had to specifically request the refund, otherwise the default was an extension of the AP expiration date. The new expiration date should be noted in MDE.
Oh yes. I requested to have my APs expire at the regular time and get a partial refund. I have called several times to make sure all was good and set with my preferences and that the address was correct.

I cancelled my covid-affected AP over the summer and was lucky to get my refund in the fall.

Now I’m interested in re-purchasing and plan to call ticket services today to inquire. Should I expect to be offered a renewal price AP or full-price AP?

Thanks!

I cancelled my covid-affected AP over the summer and was lucky to get my refund in the fall.

Now I’m interested in re-purchasing and plan to call ticket services today to inquire. Should I expect to be offered a renewal price AP or full-price AP?

Thanks!

when I called to be put on the list to repurchase they said renewal price was not an option.

when I called to be put on the list to repurchase they said renewal price was not an option.
Thank you! A Disney Dish listener wrote into the show to share that they got renewal pricing in this situation, but I’m guessing that was a lucky break.

Thank you! A Disney Dish listener wrote into the show to share that they got renewal pricing in this situation, but I’m guessing that was a lucky break.
Probably a very lucky break! I was in the same scenario as you, and re purchased AP's late last year. We had to pay full price.

Did you actually successfully repurchase a new AP? I'm asking because I heard that if you repurchase an AP they will start the clock immediately (not on the first day you use the pass). I'm wondering if that is true. I don't live in Florida so I don't want my 365 days to start until I arrive in Orlando and go to a park.

Did you actually successfully repurchase a new AP? I'm asking because I heard that if you repurchase an AP they will start the clock immediately (not on the first day you use the pass). I'm wondering if that is true. I don't live in Florida so I don't want my 365 days to start until I arrive in Orlando and go to a park.

I purchased 3 last week and the clock starts when I enter the park. I live in Orlando.

We have an AP that was extended out to April 2021 but probably going to cancel our April trip due to masks/reduced experience.
So planning on calling it a loss on our current AP.
I would like to reschedule our trip for Dec 2022.
Would they allow me to buy a new AP now and leave it unactivated until Dec 2022?
From the comments above, it looks like it's questionable to use a Disney gift card on an AP purchase? That must be something new?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter