AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

After canceling at the end of July and requesting a refund received an email yesterday saying the are now refunding me by check which should be received soon in the mail. Just hoping soon mean within the next week and not another 2 months.

After canceling at the end of July and requesting a refund received an email yesterday saying the are now refunding me by check which should be received soon in the mail. Just hoping soon mean within the next week and not another 2 months.

That’s so funny. I received the exact email, but I thought it was due to my email asking them what was going on with the refund, which they already answered in more detail. I guess they figured if they send emails updating everyone it might slow the emails they are receiving asking about the refunds.

I really wish they'd let me purchase a pass and not have it start until I visit the park, but twice I've been told that isn't possible

Follow up question for anyone who requested to repurchase their annual passes...What if you miss the phone call? Are you able to call back and speak with someone? Is there a note on my account where I could go to a Guest Relations window and purchase the passes when we arrive on property?
I missed our first call, and called back that number and said I had missed a call. I was on hold for less than 10 minutes, and got to a live person. I did have to call back one more time, but ended up with the new Annual passes to activate next year sometime. It was not a 407 number that I had used before...

We finally got our call today for a new AP. Our AP’ s would have expired 4/30/20. Our Easter trip was canceled and rescheduled for Sept. But rescheduled again for next April. My mom got the email notification about canceling and was confused and did cancel hers. I did not know she canceled until I tried to renew hers on9/23. This was the extension expiration. I asked her what happened and that is when she told me she thought this is what Disney wanted her to do. As to let them know she was not going to use it.

I panicked knowing they were not issuing new AP’s. But thank goodness I read the latest news here on the DIS. I called and explained the situation. She took down my info and said in about 7 to 10 days someone would call me. That was 2 weeks ago. She was super nice and never asked to re-explain the situation. My mom was able to buy a new AP. She explained to us when we activate the pass is when the year starts. So our first day is 4/28/21. And she said it will be good until 4/28/22. And I asked about theme park ressie. And she said yep we can start to reserve for our trip. I ended the call and immediately checked. We were able to make ressie for April.

I should also mention my mom on Saturday got a check for $116.00. Not sure why they choose check over orginal credit card.

So thank you DIS. Thanks for all the wonderful info I always find here.

After calling, and being on hold numerous times, and receiving different information regarding purchasing new AP's after canceling, we decided to go to Disney Springs. We lined up at guest services and asked if we could be put on the waitlist to purchase new AP's. The CM was very cordial and said there was no need, we could purchase new ones right there. Once inside, again CM was extremely helpful and we now have Fl resident AP's. A very smooth transaction.

Has anyone had any success in contact them through the chat option? I don't have time to sit around for hours on hold at work. Been trying to get them on the chat option. I keep getting that "all of our cast members are busy" message.

Has anyone had any success in contact them through the chat option? I don't have time to sit around for hours on hold at work. Been trying to get them on the chat option. I keep getting that "all of our cast members are busy" message.
Only time I tried, they told me to call. Your results might vary.

After calling, and being on hold numerous times, and receiving different information regarding purchasing new AP's after canceling, we decided to go to Disney Springs. We lined up at guest services and asked if we could be put on the waitlist to purchase new AP's. The CM was very cordial and said there was no need, we could purchase new ones right there. Once inside, again CM was extremely helpful and we now have Fl resident AP's. A very smooth transaction.

Did they say that your pass would be activated that day or when you enter the park? For some reason they said it would be activated that day

Did they say that your pass would be activated that day or when you enter the park? For some reason they said it would be activated that day
They activated them immediately. It works for us, we plan on going next week. I didnt ask any questions, I was just so relieved to get them.

We purchased new APs over the phone (we were deemed “eligible” having cancelled our APs previously) and received vouchers that are activated upon park entry.

Actually that was a mass email, I just got the same one 5 minutes ago, and I haven't contacted them via email at all.
Interesting. I did not get this email and I'm waiting on refunds for 5 AP's. This is ridiculous how long this has drug on.

We had 6 dvc gold AP's and requested a refund for 5 of them. My 20yo dd was supposed to be going back in Dec so we didn't request a refund for hers but her trip is now cancelled. Is it too late to request a refund? I know we may never actually see any money lol but just wondering. Our AP's were originally to expire on 8/7/20 but were extended to 1/02/21.

Transferred 3 times, after being on the call yesterday for 2 hours, frustrated, I had to hang up and tend to other things. I did ask for a reference number for the phone call, which the CM did give me.
The 3rd CM, gave me completely different numbers for our refund than a CM I had spoken with mid September.
I had specific date of my conversation, asked the CM to check the notes of the call.
In addition, we were told by a CM mid Sept that our Water Park Pass refund would be processed in Nov.
When I asked about that, he said that that would be coming at a later date, very vague.
The CM also told us that we were slated for a check rather than credit to Visa.
Our Visa is still the same as the original purchase and not closed.
We did pay with Visa, but used a small amount of Rewards to purchase the AP.
Doesn't make any sense.:(

We purchased new APs over the phone (we were deemed “eligible” having cancelled our APs previously) and received vouchers that are activated upon park entry.

It seems that DVC members are given that option. By chance are you a DVC member?

It seems that DVC members are given that option. By chance are you a DVC member?
Nope - not DVC. I called the Passholder line to inquire, they took my info, and I received a call back two weeks later. We do have a room only reservation for June 2021 - not sure if this impacted our “eligibility”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter