AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Got our call this evening at 7:11pm. Agent confirmed my DVC number and took payment for 2 DVC Gold passes $765.74 each. Agent then linked to MDE. No email but provided a confirmation number. 13 days from my call to get put on the list.

When I bought my pass January 2020 the cost was $744.44 so this was a price increase. I didn't bother asking why.

We may activate January or March. Either way we have a voucher good through 2030 that will allow us to make park reservations.

I called on 9th and then 16th October. No call back so I called again on 29 October and 29 minutes later I had purchased two platinum passes for US$ 2,161.96 in total. Linked in MDE but not activated until we enter the parks. Coincidentally, WDW called me less than 5 minutes later in response to my telephone calls of 9th and 16th October.

I missed some pages, who are you calling to get in this queue? VIPassholder line or regular guest services?

I am so pleased to say Disney emailed me back this morning. She confirmed we cancelled, says they are in the process, and told me the amount of 482.55 for each pass, which had an original expiration of 9/17. Good to know something finally. Fingers crossed for all of us who are waiting to actually have the refunds in hands so that this chapter can close. And I completely agree with the people who are hesitant to give Disney any more money until they have refunded these tickets first!!!

Do you know who you emailed? I would far prefer a civilized email to sitting on the phone for hours on end.

Sorry I went back through several pages and can't find the answer to my questions.

We were DVC Gold passholders but got refunds back in the May time frame. Our passes were set to expire July 6th this year, so our refunds were about $200 each.

We purchased new tickets and plan to go in about 15 days. When we get there, can we purchase new passes or no? If so, do I need to call in advance or can I do it at guest relations?
Will our passes be activated as of our first park day *this* time (Nov 19th) and good for 1 year?
Lastly, can we apply the value of our tickets linked in MDE toward this transaction?
If not, I've heard they will note your tickets so you can apply them after they start reselling again?

Whew, sorry for all the questions! Just want to be prepared. We are planning another trip in June 2021 so passes would be great.

Thanks.

no new passs or upgrades allowed
I cancelled my AP in August 2020 and was able to buy a new pass last week. I was given a renewal code, which was applied and my new AP will be activated when I (eventually) am able to visit a park. So I think there is wiggle room and the rules are not as black and white as you believe.

I cancelled my AP in August 2020 and was able to buy a new pass last week. I was given a renewal code, which was applied and my new AP will be activated when I (eventually) am able to visit a park. So I think there is wiggle room and the rules are not as black and white as you believe.
I talked to someone today (thanks to the number you gave me!), and he seemed to think it was not a problem for people whose passes expired during COVID. I'll report back once I hear from them. He said 48 hours for a callback, we'll see.

Were you able to get the renewal discount? What was your original AP expiration date?

Were you able to get the renewal discount? What was your original AP expiration date?
Yes, when I cancelled I was given a code for a renewal discount, to use when I was ready to renew. My original AP expiration was 4 September 2020, and then ofcourse various periods were added on. The deciding factor for the renewal discount may be whether or not one had a resort reservation at the time the original AP was cancelled. I suggest this because it is the only difference between me and friends who have been refused a renewal code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter