AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

We called in October 17th to verify we were able to purchase annual passes and got the call back last night on October 31....so two weeks to the day. We ended up buying two DVC Gold passes for $765.74 each including tax. Considering we ended up with refunds of $432 for each of our old passes and got around 12 days out of those, we are happy with the all-in conclusion to this "saga". We bought a bunch of tickets around 5 years ago from Undercover Tourist that we still haven't used, so we'll more than likely save these passes for a few years down the line when things are (hopefully) back to normal. But considering the rate at which Disney increases pass prices we're happy to have these in our back pockets for future use.

Sorry, I have been away for awhile. What is the current timeline from Disney on the refunds? I was originally told September ish for the check (we originally paid in gift cards for the 5 percent discount at Target), but when my husband called to cancel his AP, they were estimating November at that time. Anyone else hear November?

Sorry, I have been away for awhile. What is the current timeline from Disney on the refunds? I was originally told September ish for the check (we originally paid in gift cards for the 5 percent discount at Target), but when my husband called to cancel his AP, they were estimating November at that time. Anyone else hear November?
No idea. We received a refund check for the closure period several months ago. Still waiting for the rest.

People are now being told anywhere from 6-8 weeks to 8-12 weeks from now. They told me 6-8 weeks last week even though I requested my refund 7/23.

People are now being told anywhere from 6-8 weeks to 8-12 weeks from now. They told me 6-8 weeks last week even though I requested my refund 7/23.

Ugh. This is horrible. It's not like the refunds are for a couple of dollars. People could really use the money right now. I wish there would be better communication (or any) on this. I don't know if my check got lost or will he on the way soon. Maybe Disney is hoping that the longer the refunds take to process, the more likely people will take the money and reinvest it back into Disney (2021 trips)?

Ugh. This is horrible. It's not like the refunds are for a couple of dollars. People could really use the money right now. I wish there would be better communication (or any) on this. I don't know if my check got lost or will he on the way soon. Maybe Disney is hoping that the longer the refunds take to process, the more likely people will take the money and reinvest it back into Disney (2021 trips)?
My opinion - nothing nefarious on Disney’s part...just embarrassingly disorganized.

I called on Friday to get an update (paid originally with gift card + small amount on credit card) and she said a check should show up in 1-2 more billing cycles. So another month or two, just crazy!

I just got a call to purchase new passes. She told me she couldn't take my gift card over the phone and that I can't apply unused tickets towards the purchase. I then asked if they can make a note on my account and allow me to purchase passes at Disney Springs. I was told that Guest Relations will allow a gift card to be applied towards purchase but at this moment they are not allowing tickets to be applied towards a purchase

I stopped by Disney Springs today to purchase my passes. They said that they would accept a gift card, however the start day of my new AP would be effective today. She spoke with someone else to confirm if that was true and they confirmed. I kindly passed on the offer and decided to call again. The other thing of note with my DS trip is they also said they cannot upgrade existing tickets (I have a couple unused 4 day passes that I was going to apply towards the purchase).

While walking back to my car I called the passholder line. The person I spoke with this time said that I had a note on my account to purchase a pass so she was going to allow me to purchase using a gift card. I explained to her that DS said that my date would start today so she placed me on hold and when she came back she said the exact same thing. The first day of my pass would be the day I purchase my pass so she suggested that I just wait until I decide to visit a park since there is a note on my account to allow for the purchase of a pass.

Received my AP purchase call back today. 2 weeks exactly to the day of when I went on the list. Had no problem buying 3 new DVC Gold AP’s (even though only one of our AP refunds is showing in progress, and the other two are still on a delay since July which is why I called back 2 weeks ago). She confirmed she is linking new AP’s to My Disney Experience, and that they are vouchers which can be used to make park reservations (the AP date won’t “start“ until we enter the park). Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I received an email back in September regarding a partial refund for premier and platinum (?) passes because the water parks are closed. It said refunds were automatic but I have yet to see any refunds on my credit card. I have a premier pass bought in California. I spoke to a CM over the phone today who had no clue and said she didn't have a timeline for when refunds were happening. Has anyone received a partial refund yet?

Lol, how the hell do you not go through mail for weeks at a time?

LOL - Honestly, 99% of what we get as mail are either catalogs or junk mail, so that makes it easy. :)

We would consider a long weekend trip in the next few months but there is no way I am giving Disney any more money until I get my refund. So in the end Disney is losing twice.

Now my expiration dates are different online vs the MDE app. Who knows what that means?

Still no CC refund after last call on Tuesday. I will wait the 10 business days they told me it would take for them to research and will call back again for a status.

I emailed again to inquire on our refund. We requested the refund for our 4 Out of State Platinum APs in August before the deadline. They disappeared ages ago from MDE, but no sign of a refund. I emailed and got a generic response back on 10/16. I waited and decided to reply to that email today to request further information. It's going to be November and this is beyond ridiculous. I actually wanted to pause our passes or have them extended into next year rather than get a refund, but we were told that was NOT an option. Seems like it would have been a better option and then they wouldn't have had to work so hard on refunds. I have been very patient throughout this process, but this situation has been handled so poorly.
This is our situation-except my husband received his refund a few weeks ago (upgraded a 3rd party ticket, used a gift card and rest on Disney Chase Visa-all refund went to CC); Mine was Sams club voucher. Both activated Jan 4, Both cancelled Aug 11. UGGGHHH-currently on hold 24minutes and counting
I too emailed about pausing vs cancelling and asked why it wasn't an option. Rather terse email back.
Meanwhile, at universal, i went to guest relations to check my options cause i have a 3 park pass and VB is closing for 3 months, i was explained what i could do and i decided to go with the extension so my ap is now valid through the end of January 2022
Universal is worlds different than Disney! Not only extensions, but offering 15 months on new passes, and 15 months on renewals through end of year. AND offering a "pause" for those who called who live out of the country-so they can just restart the remainder of their pass whenever they can travel again. They also jumped on with explaining how different perks would work with the premiere pass (no valet parking available, with parks closing early and express after 4, and the free HHN ticket with HHN cancelled). Heading to universal for my third trip since reopening in a couple weeks.

So disappointed in Disney. Can’t get through by calling, have sent emails regarding my refund. Nothing. We cancelled on July 20, well within the time frame and our passes were extended to expire the end of February. We are anticipating over 800 back for the two passes, which is a sore topic for me. Used the tickets for 5 days, and the next two trips had to be cancelled. It’s nobody’s fault, but the way they have screwed all of this up IS Disney’s fault. All they had to do was offer an extension to the end of 2021 and they could have kept my money. I suspect many people feel similarly. I think the hardest part is simply not knowing the amount, timeframe, and IF it will really happen. Vent over!

So disappointed in Disney. Can’t get through by calling, have sent emails regarding my refund. Nothing. We cancelled on July 20, well within the time frame and our passes were extended to expire the end of February. We are anticipating over 800 back for the two passes, which is a sore topic for me. Used the tickets for 5 days, and the next two trips had to be cancelled. It’s nobody’s fault, but the way they have screwed all of this up IS Disney’s fault. All they had to do was offer an extension to the end of 2021 and they could have kept my money. I suspect many people feel similarly. I think the hardest part is simply not knowing the amount, timeframe, and IF it will really happen. Vent over!
I agree the easiest way would have to extend our passes. Then they could have kept all the money we've paid and I think a lot more people would be happy with being able to use their passes. We're still waiting for refunds on 4 Platinum passes. We have a trip planned for Spring and no park tickets. I can't bring myself to drop $$$$ on park tickets when we can't get our money back. The sad thing, is I would have MUCH rather still been an Annual Passholder.

I am so pleased to say Disney emailed me back this morning. She confirmed we cancelled, says they are in the process, and told me the amount of 482.55 for each pass, which had an original expiration of 9/17. Good to know something finally. Fingers crossed for all of us who are waiting to actually have the refunds in hands so that this chapter can close. And I completely agree with the people who are hesitant to give Disney any more money until they have refunded these tickets first!!!

Follow up question for anyone who requested to repurchase their annual passes...What if you miss the phone call? Are you able to call back and speak with someone? Is there a note on my account where I could go to a Guest Relations window and purchase the passes when we arrive on property?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter