AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

FL positive rate yesterday was 9.55. Under 10% 7 day rolling average and the restriction from the tri state is lifted
I don't claim to know much about FL politics (maybe someone can chime in here) but from what I read online, it seems like it's up to local authorities to set mask requirements (or not).
It was my understanding, that here in NJ it was the Governor who made the mandate for the entire state all at once (late March was it?). We have signs on every door to every public place. No mask. No entry. I was in a Sherwin Williams last week and they even had FREE masks for customers and contractors.

Last edited:
Again, some new details that I think warrant another comment here:

I watched both Murphy and DeSantis' pressers today. Murphy did not have much to say relevant to this conversation. However, Desantis was asked about tourists not wanting to come to Florida which lead to comments about his EO.

He specifically said his EO was to curtail the spread from New Yorkers (lumping us Jersey and CT folks in there as well I guess) fleeing to Southern Florida and that situation is "probably no longer the case". (His words paraphrased)

I really don't want to speculate, but his demeaner seemed to acknowledge the logic of the EO is now flawed at best.

My thought is he's going to let that EO expire rather than cut it early. But we'll see come July 7th which seems to be the date defined in the original EO...but who knows.

Again, some new details that I think warrant another comment here:

I watched both Murphy and DeSantis' pressers today. Murphy did not have much to say relevant to this conversation. However, Desantis was asked about tourists not wanting to come to Florida which lead to comments about his EO.

He specifically said his EO was to curtail the spread from New Yorkers (lumping us Jersey and CT folks in there as well I guess) fleeing to Southern Florida and that situation is "probably no longer the case". (His words paraphrased)

I really don't want to speculate, but his demeaner seemed to acknowledge the logic of the EO is now flawed at best.

My thought is he's going to let that EO expire rather than cut it early. But we'll see come July 7th which seems to be the date defined in the original EO...but who knows.

Ha...yeah, I think he can let his executive order go. I believe it was just a few weeks ago that he was incredulous for the treatment he was getting in the media. He was under the impression that he'd done a bang-up job in beating the virus. Not so much.

I had sent emails to both the AP dept and to customer service. The customer service reply was the standard Thank you for writing to us, we're temporarily closed and I might experience a longer than normal wait time for a response.

As for the AP dept, I submitted a form that I found on their website, and I haven't heard anything back yet.

I truly believe that this pause (freeze) option would be the answer for so many people, and Disney would make a lot of us happy if they would implement it.

He specifically said his EO was to curtail the spread from New Yorkers (lumping us Jersey and CT folks in there as well I guess) fleeing to Southern Florida and that situation is "probably no longer the case"........ his demeaner seemed to acknowledge the logic of the EO is now flawed at best.

💡:headache:💡
I have nothing against this guy personally..... I just dislike stupidity in general.

Funny you are blaming FL when I’m seeing NY tags and grandkids all over my FL neighborhood. ‘Tis the season for that here in Fl...summer brings grandkids from the north. Apparently they don’t care about numbers going up. You do know Fl and Texas have a large number of people from the tri- states as residents.

Funny you are blaming FL when I’m seeing NY tags and grandkids all over my FL neighborhood. ‘Tis the season for that here in Fl...summer brings grandkids from the north. Apparently they don’t care about numbers going up. You do know Fl and Texas have a large number of people from the tri- states as residents.

I don't think anyone in this post is blaming Florida for anything. Most of us here are just trying to get down to Florida safely or figure out how we're getting compensated for our annual passes or DVC stays since Florida is currently restricting us.

The current issue is, here in the tri-state area we're really low infection wise while Florida is in the midst of a spike. I don't now what caused it.

I just know for me, I would still like to safely go and comply with all the rules in place. First step for me is having DeSantis remove that EO. Based on the current numbers, it doesn't make logical sense to call out NY/NJ/CT when someone from AZ, TX or CA can come in with no issues.

I just know for me, I would still like to safely go and comply with all the rules in place. First step for me is having DeSantis remove that EO. Based on the current numbers, it doesn't make logical sense to call out NY/NJ/CT when someone from AZ, TX or CA can come in with no issues.
Comes down to this. Is it irrational to expect those in charge to make decisions based on actual current data, logic and sound reasoning?

I don't think anyone in this post is blaming Florida for anything. Most of us here are just trying to get down to Florida safely or figure out how we're getting compensated for our annual passes or DVC stays since Florida is currently restricting us.

The current issue is, here in the tri-state area we're really low infection wise while Florida is in the midst of a spike. I don't now what caused it.

I understand. The numbers are up because we relaxed and people were not smart, protests, bars not putting in place social distancing, masks not being worn. Not all those folks in bars are from Fl.

I'm not blaming Florida, just the guy who runs the state. He was bragging about how great he was doing. And yes, you're 100% right about there being lots of people from the NY metro area down there. I have two sets of friends who have gone down to Florida....they both have homes down there. They left here for "free-wheelin, masks are optional" Florida. One drove down with the family and they're still there. I'd expect they'll flee Florida soon for free-wheelin' NJ. The other friend flew down.. in her early 50s with her 15 year old daughter and 80 year old mother. They were down for 6 days...didn't quarantine...and they're back now...haven't heard if they have symptoms. My cousin flew down....with his wife. They were down for a number of days, stayed with her father and brother...and now they all have it.

So yep, people here are stupid too. But these "quarantines" are a joke. Nobody is enforcing anything. And a lot of people are not following the rules. Everyone feels like they're immune. And that is going to make this go on far too long, for all of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter