AoA CARS "tour?"

snoopy352

Mouseketeer
My DD is a HUGE Cars fan and i just found out AoA has a bunch of photo ops there. We are staying at BW and my question is whether or not we can take DIS transportation to AoA and simply get out on foot and walk to the CARS stuff and get photos. Or is it located deep inside the resort to where we would need a car to get to it all??? TIA

Yep, you can do exactly that.
Ride the bus to AoA, get off, walk around and take all the photos you want.
Note, you will have to ride a bus to a park to get back to BW, or Rideshare.

I recommend Lyft or Uber rather then Disney transportation which will be a big hassle. We stayed at AoA and took Lyft numerous times to BW so we could enter Epcot via the International Gateway and I don't think we ever had a trip more than $10.

If you are staying at BW, you could simply walk or boat to DHS and take an AoA bus from there. You could also take a bus from any Disney park if, perhaps, you'd like to visit after park touring one day. Or, as others have noted, you can uber/lyft/cab/Minnie Van over as well.

I recommend Lyft or Uber rather then Disney transportation which will be a big hassle. We stayed at AoA and took Lyft numerous times to BW so we could enter Epcot via the International Gateway and I don't think we ever had a trip more than $10.
Unless you decide to tack it on after a day at the park, then it's rather easy to hop on the AoA bus instead of the BW bus.

If you are staying at BW, you could simply walk or boat to DHS and take an AoA bus from there. You could also take a bus from any Disney park if, perhaps, you'd like to visit after park touring one day. Or, as others have noted, you can uber/lyft/cab/Minnie Van over as well.
Yep. BW is one of the easier resorts to visit other resorts due to this. It's where we stay most trips. All depends on what you are planning to do before and after.

Thanks everyone - my main question was whether or not we can hop off the bus and see the Cars stuff on foot with no issues. But since you all made some good points, our plan is to be at AK and after that we will go to AoA in the afternoon. So a bus to AoA from AK is what we will do. After AoA, if we go back to BW, then that is where it's an Uber, right? No bus goes from AoA to BW?

So a bus to AoA from AK is what we will do
Makes sense.

After AoA, if we go back to BW, then that is where it's an Uber, right?
We only used Lyft and I can confirm that there are options to pick you up in your specific section, Cars, Main Entrance, or Lion King. Not sure if Uber has the same options.

No bus goes from AoA to BW?
Correct. But depending on when you go the gondolas may be operating which would take you to HS and then you could boat to BW. If it is open that is what I would do because the gondolas look awesome! (But it would be a hike from Cars to the end of Little Mermaid where the gondola station will be.)

Check out the AoA thread on this page. There is a map of the property which will give you a good orientation.

Correct. But depending on when you go the gondolas may be operating which would take you to HS and then you could boat to BW. If it is open that is what I would do because the gondolas look awesome! (But it would be a hike from Cars to the end of Little Mermaid where the gondola station will be.)

Check out the AoA thread on this page. There is a map of the property which will give you a good orientation.

If the gondolas are running it would be quicker to take it to Epcot and walk to the Boardwalk. And the gondola station is in the middle of the lake (near Nemo section), not at the LM end of AOA.

If the gondolas are running it would be quicker to take it to Epcot and walk to the Boardwalk. And the gondola station is in the middle of the lake (near Nemo section), not at the LM end of AOA.
Skyliner map

upload_2017-2-14_19-9-41-png.220395

Skyliner Stations

I have assumed that this Map from the Rumor board was accurate. Is the station on the bridge in the middle of the lake or on the North edge of the lake?

Thanks everyone - my main question was whether or not we can hop off the bus and see the Cars stuff on foot with no issues. But since you all made some good points, our plan is to be at AK and after that we will go to AoA in the afternoon. So a bus to AoA from AK is what we will do. After AoA, if we go back to BW, then that is where it's an Uber, right? No bus goes from AoA to BW?
You can bus to HS and boat or walk to BW (if pre-gondola). The AoA Cars section is definitely worth a visit!

Yeah remember most guests at Disney are on those same buses. Not in their own cars either so getting around on foot is totally doable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts