Anyone watching Earth?

I saw it today with DS7 and DS4. I thought it was fantastic :thumbsup2. My 7-year-old really enjoyed it, has lots of questions, and is fascinated by the 'circle of life.' I think the 4-year-old was a little too young to appreciate it. He doesn't get the circle of life idea at all yet, but informed everyone in the audience that he "hates the 'insert name of predator here'" a few times.:rotfl2:

How cool is that ?!?! I love that movies these days are both educational and fun for children to watch. Its so inspiring :)

Jas, we ate at the mall yesterday and on our way out we saw a sign for Earth. It definitely said opening WEEK for the tree planting and again we talked about taking a break to see this while at DL this weekend. Not sure yet but we are considering it....:)

I loved Planet Earth, that was such an AMAZING series....I want to buy it for DBF for Christmas this year. It was that good. :)

Thanks for letting me know Kerri !! I'm really going to try! Maybe Sunday evening, but who knows if I have time!

I am going today with DD7 for a field trip...really looking forward to it!

We saw Earth yesterday, awesome show!!:thumbsup2
Young animal lovers may have trouble with the circle of life. They did a good job about not showing any one eating.

I went on the field trip to see this yesterday and it was a very good movie. The scenery is beautiful! It was a little long IMO (90 minutes) --- but that was probably only because the entire theater was filled with 1st graders! :scared1:

We found it to be depressing. We definitely will NOT be going to see Ocean next year!

If you've seen the commercials you've seen all the "cute" stuff.

The rest is a "beat you over the head" commentary on how man's evil ways are causing pain and death for the animals. Sorry, I don't buy into that. The earth has always had cycle in temperature and rainfall. I firmly believe that at least 80% of what is now being blamed on humans is part of a regular cycle the planet goes through. Man is just egotistical enough to believe that he is the cause for everything that happens.

BTW...three families at the showing I went to walked out with toddlers who were crying their eyes out. If you have sensitive kiddos, be warned!

We saw Earth yesterday, awesome show!!:thumbsup2
Young animal lovers may have trouble with the circle of life. They did a good job about not showing any one eating.

I want to see it, but I'm afraid that they will show animals being eaten, which I CAN NOT handle watching (or hearing)! :scared1: Is there any of that at all? :confused:

They do show several scenes where animals are going to be eaten. They do not show any blood. The ones I can think of are a wolf catching an antelope (I think that's what it was), a shark with a sea lion in his mouth, a polar bear trying to eat a walrus, lions trying to eat an elephant, and I think a lynx catching an antelope?

There may be more but I was in a theater with a bunch of first graders on a field trip, so I was constantly getting up and down for bathroom trips, so I may have missed something....:laughing:

I can definately see where young children could be scared.

My boyfriend looked it up for me while I was at work Friday and said that the deal with the tree went for all of opening week. :thumbsup2 we saw it friday and it was pretty amazing.

They do show several scenes where animals are going to be eaten. They do not show any blood. The ones I can think of are a wolf catching an antelope (I think that's what it was), a shark with a sea lion in his mouth, a polar bear trying to eat a walrus, lions trying to eat an elephant, and I think a lynx catching an antelope?

There may be more but I was in a theater with a bunch of first graders on a field trip, so I was constantly getting up and down for bathroom trips, so I may have missed something....:laughing:

I can definately see where young children could be scared.

They did pretty good at showing no blood, although the cheetah catching the antelope was probably the worst of the bunch in my opinion.

They did pretty good at showing no blood, although the cheetah catching the antelope was probably the worst of the bunch in my opinion.

One of the first graders behind me sighed and said "He isn't going to make it..."! :lmao:

I didn't get to watch it this week, which was very sad for me because I really wanted to take part in having Disney plant a tree for me going. boo. oh well.

I know it is a sensitive subject when watching something involving the life cycle of animals; particularly the more scary parts of it, but that is what the life cycle is about and if Disney left that part out of the film than it would not be true to how life is. I understand that it would be scary for a little kid to see, but it would also be a lie to not address the issue at all. There are several examples of death in many Disney movies (for example: Nemo and Bambi's mom) and I believe it to be something a child will learn throughout the years. Its the parents discretion to let their child see the film. jmo :confused3

Either way, I'm still very excited to see the film :)

I just saw it the day before yesterday, and then saw Hannah Montana last night...It took me a while because I have been working constantly, even though I work at the movie theater! :laughing: It was great tho! The stories that are told are just amazing. I'm a veterinary student so I loved it, naturally! :lovestruc I didn't think I would be able to handle it, like parts that show animals being eaten, but it actually didn't show any of that.

It shows the hunt and the catch, but then cuts it off, which I was relieved about! So it doesn't show the animals actually killing and eating anything.

But besides that , it was great. Go see it if you haven't yet!

:offtopic:
On a side note...DBF and I loved Hannah Montana, as cheesy as it was. He was reluctant to watching it, but we can watch any movie for free, so it wasn't like he was wasting money. But he ended up saying "that was a good movie" and actually laughed out loud a bunch of times. :rotfl: Anyways...sorry, just had to share!
:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter