Anyone watched WandaVision

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
Seems really weird. Kind of like they're trapped in a 60s B&W sitcom.

Not yet - watching tonight.

The premise has to do with Wanda's reality altering powers. I suspect she is subconciously creating these idealized lives with her powers. It should be interesting.

It's based on the Marvel storyline House of M.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_M (spoilers)

I'm looking forward to watching it this evening.

I think it's really more based on the stories from the mid-80's in Avengers and Avengers West Coast - the ones where Wanda is married to Vision. That's why some characters are being used who were much more prominent then. There may be some aspects of House of M, but it really feels like it is more in line with when she and Vision had their kids in the comics. I don't want to say more in case it would be spoilery - I have not watched the show yet either.

We just watched both episodes--- Its VERY different, but our expectations were not that high, and we really enjoyed them for what they are.

I have to wait till later tonight before I can check it out but I'm excited for it.

Edit: Just watched it. I didn't read House of M, but I know the general premise behind it and I really enjoyed the episodes. I'm really excited to see how it continues.

Last edited:
I have to wait till later tonight before I can check it out but I'm excited for it.

Edit: Just watched it. I didn't read House of M, but I know the general premise behind it and I really enjoyed the episodes. I'm really excited to see how it continues.

Having watched it, I really don't think it has anything to do with House of M - I'm not sure where people are getting that. Yes, that's a story where Wanda's powers were used to alter reality, but what's going on here seems to be very different. Unless things really take a curveball, I just don't see it. Also, House of M was terrible, so it's probably better that they steer clear anyway.

Having watched it, I really don't think it has anything to do with House of M - I'm not sure where people are getting that. Yes, that's a story where Wanda's powers were used to alter reality, but what's going on here seems to be very different. Unless things really take a curveball, I just don't see it. Also, House of M was terrible, so it's probably better that they steer clear anyway.

I didn't read House of M so I can't really compare to that. I went in with this notion that someone else posed (them having read House of M), who figured that the approach was that she's either created an alternate reality/dimension to live out her life given the tragedies sustained in Endgame. Having watched it, she could also be trapped. That remains to be seen. I enjoyed it though.

Since I had no clue what I expect I watched them with an open mind and actually enjoyed it. DH is really into the Avengers series, so he filled me in on the details. Overall we thought that it was cute. The 1950s sitcom (Ozzie and Harriet or Donna Reed -esque) to something out of Bewitched/Dick Van Dyke. Can't wait to see what the next decade holds.

I am intrigued by the color and beekeeper and radio voice. Our thought is that this might be some sort of alternate reality that they are in. Perhaps what takes place during the snap, or as a way to return to a time that was peaceful.

Watched a bit with my kids and we couldn’t get through it. We are big avengers fans but this is quite weird and didn’t hold the kid’s interest. Quite disappointed in this Disney+ show since we are big Mandalorian fans.

The references are really old. How many people have seen Bewitched? I watched it as a kid in syndication, but that was back in the 80s.

The references are really old. How many people have seen Bewitched? I watched it as a kid in syndication, but that was back in the 80s.

For me, references like that are a reason for people to look back at things like - check them out, learn about them and their significance. Most of those types of sitcoms were still pretty common on TV when I was a kid, but for those who aren't familiar it presents a great opportunity. I mean, you get about the same from Family Guy, though the references are heavily 80's there, tey have definitely riffed on Bewitched and other older shows - probably because they were still on in the 80's and McFarlane watched them.

Bewitched ran on Nick at Nite all through the 90s. I'm 37 and I'm sure I've seen every episode over that course of time. They used to do silly segways during commercial breaks making fun of the 2 Darrens thing and all that.

Bewitched ran on Nick at Nite all through the 90s. I'm 37 and I'm sure I've seen every episode over that course of time. They used to do silly segways during commercial breaks making fun of the 2 Darrens thing and all that.

But how many kids have seen it? Is this show for adult fans or for kids? I'd honestly rather watch the X-Men cartoon from the 90s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter