Anyone try G-defy shoes for plantar fasciitis?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
I’m having a wicked flare up of my PF and leave for wdw soon. Headed to the doctor tomorrow. All of the remedies I tried last time that helped (orthotics, night splint, ice, stretching) are not helping and I’m panicked!

Bought a pair of g-defy mighty walkers online today, thought I’d ask here if anyone has experience or advice

thanks!

I haven't tried those. I've been wearing Kuru sandals throughout the summer and will be wearing those on my upcoming trip. They're pretty good.

My Vionic sneakers, Clark soft sandals and rainbow flip flops help keep my PF under control. Very interested in whether the zero-g help.

i tried them . they didn't help me. i've had pf many many times and bursistis and tendonitis. this time around i did a self test with my feet on a cardboard piece of paper with water and followed a chart showing me i had high arches which no one mentioned on all of my many visits to pediatrists etc. So this time i bought (and believe you me i've bought many many many types of shoes in my day to clear this problem up to no avail), hoka and brooks wides for high arch neutral support. this helped. i also did something else different. instead of podiatrists and pt people i went to a chiropractor. bingo. helped again. i also did something else new with a self massage (i followed online guy doing it). i do a regular self massage rubbing hard , then i put my two thumbs in center of food and pull/stretch outward from center in rows, hard. this helped. i also this time use infrared heat pad/massagers . all of these i never did before and i'm better. in past of course i did usual: frozen water bottles, other types shoes, stretches, shots. nothing.
i went on my last trip in october to wdw for the first time in YEARS without foot pain.

I second the Hokas. I have PF pretty bad in my right foot and I bought a paid of the Hoka Clintons and they really help ease the pain quite a bit. I am not very good at keeping up with the stretching, icing and resting so I kind of depend on the shoes for my pain relief. They helped tremendously on our recent trip and I don't think I would have made it through without them.

I have plantar fasciitis, too, and it flared up alot before one of our last visits.
It was too late to do anything for it, so I used a wheelchair for most of the trip. It wasn't fun!
Now I wear Brooks shoes exclusively and they are wonderful. I haven't had PF since then. I also wear a pair of good sandals while in the house, as not wearing shoes causes PF pain.
I have heard alot of good things about Hokas but haven't tried them yet.
Good Luck and have a great trip, even if you need an ECV or W/C.

I'm at WDW and a flare up started on day 2. I'm finding taping is the only thing that's helping. Ice, rolling etc haven't done much. With my 80 year old mom in a wheel chair so I'm stuck pushing and walking. Hope you feel better!

I'm at WDW and a flare up started on day 2. I'm finding taping is the only thing that's helping. Ice, rolling etc haven't done much. With my 80 year old mom in a wheel chair so I'm stuck pushing and walking. Hope you feel better!

sorry to hear that! try motrin! And if you have icy hot cream? just be careful in the shower you don't fall with cream on your feet....

Th oh
sorry to hear that! try motrin! And if you have icy hot cream? just be careful in the shower you don't fall with cream on your feet....
Uh oh... that shower warning sounds like experience talking. I'm using biofreeze which does help a bit.

I'm not sure if your trip has already happened yet, but I really, really, really like Oofos sandals. I'm not sure how they would stand up to park walking, but I can stand on a concrete floor at work for hours and not have my PF flair. Also, they are brilliant around the house as my PT has given me strict instructions to wear shoes at all times.

Also, my TENS unit has been a lifesaver. I got a cheap one (like $25-30) from Amazon and use it extensively (there's no time limit on it so I can do 30-60 minutes at a time while on the computer or watching TV).

Last tip is to soak your feet in hot water and epsom salts. Again, it helps reduce the inflammation.

I hope you get some relief!

Try
I’m having a wicked flare up of my PF and leave for wdw soon. Headed to the doctor tomorrow. All of the remedies I tried last time that helped (orthotics, night splint, ice, stretching) are not helping and I’m panicked!

Bought a pair of g-defy mighty walkers online today, thought I’d ask here if anyone has experience or advice

thanks!

Try HOKA’s. I had a friend with same ailment and I recommended to her and she said they were great!

Just got back and I have 2 thumbs up for my gravity defyer shoes- we walked 12-14 miles/day and my feet hurt, but the foot in question made it through!! And I felt great by morning after sleeping. Thanks everyone for the tips, hope this thread helps someone else too!

thanks!
I don't know g-defy mighty walkers, but I've been dealing with this problem for a while now. Since you're leaving soon, ask your doctor for a cortisone shot. It'll hurt, but 24 hours later it'll kick in, and your foot will feel better. Also get an orthopedist to make you a set of custom inserts ... they'll really support your foot well, and you'll feel the problem disappear.

Through trial and error I've developed a set of rules that really work for me:
- All shoes must have a good arch support ... my custom orthotic inserts are best, but some of my tennis shoes have good built-in arch support ... this is Rule #1
- No to flat sandals ... all shoes must have at least a small heel and a curved "foot bed
- Flip-flops are fine, but the straps must be up high near the ankle ... not a bitty-strap near the toes
- Wedges are better than heels
- I have some Vionics, and I like them, but they're expensive
- Crock sandals are great too
- If you can't fit your custom inserts into your existing tennis shoes, try pulling out the insert that came with your shoes

I don't know g-defy mighty walkers, but I've been dealing with this problem for a while now. Since you're leaving soon, ask your doctor for a cortisone shot. It'll hurt, but 24 hours later it'll kick in, and your foot will feel better. Also get an orthopedist to make you a set of custom inserts ... they'll really support your foot well, and you'll feel the problem disappear.

Through trial and error I've developed a set of rules that really work for me:
- All shoes must have a good arch support ... my custom orthotic inserts are best, but some of my tennis shoes have good built-in arch support ... this is Rule #1
- No to flat sandals ... all shoes must have at least a small heel and a curved "foot bed
- Flip-flops are fine, but the straps must be up high near the ankle ... not a bitty-strap near the toes
- Wedges are better than heels
- I have some Vionics, and I like them, but they're expensive
- Crock sandals are great too
- If you can't fit your custom inserts into your existing tennis shoes, try pulling out the insert that came with your shoes
Thanks for taking the time to write this! My gedfy shoes worked great (as did the prescription strength anti-inflammatory)- but this is a recurring issue for me so glad your advice is here in this thread! Thanks again :)

Thanks for taking the time to write this! My gedfy shoes worked great (as did the prescription strength anti-inflammatory)- but this is a recurring issue for me so glad your advice is here in this thread! Thanks again :)
Based upon my very limited experience, I'm thinking it's your shoes that're bringing the problem back again and again. As long as I wear the right kind of shoes, I never have problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter