Anyone tried this site ?

Atlanta WDW Fan

Can I just live at FT. Wilderness?
I followed a link from Facebook to their site, stayatwdw.com and it looks a little too good to be true. Just wondering if anyone has any info about these guys? I can't find anything on the web about them. Thanks!

They are a DVC broker. Here's info from their web site. How reliable they are is anyones guess.

How do we do this? That's a fair question. We have a network of Disney Vacation Club owners. These owners have purchased long-term, flexible use of Disney Resorts. We guess you can call it a timeshare, just for ease of the explanation. The nuance is that these owners bought the nicest timeshares in the world - actual deluxe rooms, suites, and villas in Disney resorts - like The Contemporary and Animal Kingdom (and 5 equally stunning others).

Exactly Doug, I was just wondering if anyone had actually used them. It is tempting to be able to stay at one of the DVC properties at such a nice discount.

Exactly Doug, I was just wondering if anyone had actually used them. It is tempting to be able to stay at one of the DVC properties at such a nice discount.

Why not use one of the well-known sites, like David's Vacation Rentals or rent from an owner here on the DIS?

Yes know about this site. Lets just say they are a start up company with some history.

Not so sure what too good to be true means. When you do a resort/date run and compare it to point charts, it looks like they are charging between $13 and $14 a point which is close to the same and actually a little higher than David's which is usually close to $13 a point.

I just looked at their pricing for a 1BR at OKW in Sept - and the cost was over $14 per point. Certainly cheaper than reserving thru Disney, but a lot more than thru a number of members on our Rent/Trade Board and also more than David's service DVCrequest.com

Yes know about this site. Lets just say they are a start up company with some history.

What does that mean? If you had some bad experience with them, please let us know. Otherwise, why are you posting something suggestive of impropriety without facts to support it?

There is another thread on DIS - people who used them like them, people who hadn't were very negative. A moderator closed the thread.

I contacted them, got decent pricing [not $7 a point!] and the guy I spoke with was very nice. My first choice wasn't available, he tried helping me find a resort in my price range. I am definitely thinking of using Stay At WDW.

Most of these posts are speculative or negative.

I checked pricing for a 5 night stay in February - the quotes I got translate into $12.40 - $12.85 a point. For a 7-night stay in October, it was $12.80-12.90 depending on dates and resorts.

But, they don't charge more for weekend nights than weekdays and they say they give a giftcard with booking, so it ultimately is a little less than those prices, I guess.

And they have a cancellation policy.

I guess I could get a cheaper stay by hunting thru the trade board and sending dozens of e-mails and haggling prices. Then I could send money to someone I don't know and hope he/she doesn't cancel my reservation and have little recourse if they do.

As I don't have that much free time, I will just go with something easy and secure, even if it does cost me a little more. PLEASE: if you have some actual negative information about this company [not just a feeling of "it must be too good to be true"], please post it.

They don't post anything about "points" and the prices posted are per night or per stay. So, maybe they aren't marketing their services to people who have the kind of time to make 10 or 15 thousand posts on these boards.

If you are the member whose points they are "selling" they have a cancellation process. You get 2/3 of the cost up front. But if the renter cancels more than 60 days out, the renter gets a refund of 50% of what they paid. So you might not get the rest of your money and your points may be toast.

There are several layers to their company.

Here is a link to the other thread on the DIS about this company. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2960519

Non-owners seem to like it because of their cancellation policy.

dizbee said:
What does that mean? If you had some bad experience with them, please let us know. Otherwise, why are you posting something suggestive of impropriety without facts to support it?

There is another thread on DIS - people who used them like them, people who hadn't were very negative. A moderator closed the thread.

I contacted them, got decent pricing [not $7 a point!] and the guy I spoke with was very nice. My first choice wasn't available, he tried helping me find a resort in my price range. I am definitely thinking of using Stay At WDW.

Most of these posts are speculative or negative.

I checked pricing for a 5 night stay in February - the quotes I got translate into $12.40 - $12.85 a point. For a 7-night stay in October, it was $12.80-12.90 depending on dates and resorts.

But, they don't charge more for weekend nights than weekdays and they say they give a giftcard with booking, so it ultimately is a little less than those prices, I guess.

And they have a cancellation policy.

I guess I could get a cheaper stay by hunting thru the trade board and sending dozens of e-mails and haggling prices. Then I could send money to someone I don't know and hope he/she doesn't cancel my reservation and have little recourse if they do.

As I don't have that much free time, I will just go with something easy and secure, even if it does cost me a little more. PLEASE: if you have some actual negative information about this company [not just a feeling of "it must be too good to be true"], please post it.

They don't post anything about "points" and the prices posted are per night or per stay. So, maybe they aren't marketing their services to people who have the kind of time to make 10 or 15 thousand posts on these boards.

If you like them by all means use them. There are many savvy posters here who have given excellent advice. Take it or leave it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter