Anyone tried the new supplements from Jillian Michaels?

PeterPan09

<font color=royalblue>bury my iPod with me, on shu
I was looking at them over the weekend, but I have to admit that the "cleanse" one kind of scares me. I had to take some evil stuff before abdominal surgery a few years ago and those memories have scarred me for life. If the "cleanse" is anything like that, I want NO part of it!

I haven't tried them but I would do some more research if you are thinking about giving them a try.

For starters, research has shown that most people don't need a "cleansing" regimen -- your body takes care of that naturally. Studies have shown there isn't a bunch of you-know-what in your body that needs to be "cleansed." I see one of the ingredients was probiotics, which can be good for you, I don't know if they are giving them to you to correct the cleansing or for some other reason.

It looks like a lot of people on sparkpeople.com are talking about them. I would check out those discussions. I would also google the ingredients. The scarier sounding the ingredients, the less likely I would be to consider it. It sounds like one is simply the equivalent of a lot of caffeine.

Not to mention that it seems to go against what Jillian supposedly stands for -- getting healthy the natural way, with diet, organic food and exercise --when they are promoting their formulas. It's a little disappointing to me.

I am always leary of any diet related product because so many get recalled for serious side effects and get pulled from the market. I don't want to be one of the one who gets in trouble before they figure things out.

Good luck in your research. If you do decide to give them a try, please be sure and let us know what you think.

I asked my DH to buy me the cleanse and burn at CVS a few weeks ago.

I was really disappointed in the way the product was packaged!! No booklet, instruction sheet nothing inside of the box but 2 blister packs of pills.

The instructions were on the outside of the box and were very basic. I mean like 2 sentences on the side of the box, that was it!

I had Dh return it. I know alot of people love Jillian, but it seems like she is slapping her name on anything with little regard. The Wii game is another example.

I am steering clear of her products from now on.

She has stated on several interviews and on her blog that these supplements she developed herself working along with the leading nutritionist in the country and that they are 100% natural, no preservatives at all.

I love her new Wii game (the 2010 version). It is 150% better than the 2009 version . She said in the same article that she was 100% involved in this version (2010) because she was so upset over the results of the 2009 version not being what she had signed up for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!