Anyone To anyone selling smaller contracts due to the economy or otherwise

JoEllen

DIS Veteran
We're empty nesters now and have decided to sell our smaller contract as part of our 2009 "trim back" effort. We're not happy with the replacement of II with RCI and just don't see the same use of DVC that we've enjoyed over the past 13 years with our child.
I'm wondering how easy or difficult it has been for others recently to sell small contracts. The economy certainly doesn't support luxury spending right now!
Thanks to anyone sharing their experience.

JoEllen

small contracts are selling - but they are about the only thing selling.

so yes if you contract is 100 or less you can get rid of fairly easiest.

This thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1960185&page=30 may give you an idea of what's selling lately (and for how much).

One good thing you have is that the smaller point contracts fetch a higher per point (guessing you know this already but threw it out there just in case).

Another thing is there are people like me out there looking to get into DVC, but don't need (or can't afford) to purchase a 160-200 pt contracts but are looking for the smaller contract to get our feet in the door.

Best of luck whichever direction you go,

Chris

I listed two small SSR contracts in June 08, one sold within 2 days, the other took 6 months as I wouldn't drop the price down to the low $70s. First one sold for $86, second $82.

Becareful, if "otherwise" means the change in the points chart for 2010 - this thread may be consolidated.

Thank you for the info back! Looks like we have a better chance with selling the contract. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter