Anyone Stayed at Hawthorn on Canada Drive

LauraZ

Earning My Ears
Anyone stayed at the new Hawthorn (part of Hilton) on Canada Drive? We bought 4 days off the internet and will be going in March :cool:

bump

guy.gif

Barry Hom
The moderator formerly known as Barry aka usagi
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

"If you were me, you'd be good looking."

HI!! I stayed at the Hawthorn suites on Canada Ave in August for 3 nights before moving onsite to Portofino Bay. Here is a cut/paste from my TR I did. I loved it and would go back again without hesitation.

The Hotel........Hawthorn Suites is one of the best values there is. The lobby area, and the breakfast/hor'doerve area was VERY nice. Tile, Corian, granite.......very nice. The daily breakfast buffet would've cost me easily $25 at Dennys for the 4 of us. For breakfast each day, it changed slightly, but was basically the following:
cereal, bagels, toast, muffins, croissants, apple and orange juice, milk, coffee, tea. Then came the hot part, either pancakes OR french toast, sausage OR bacon, home fries OR other potatoes, a hot cereal such as cream of wheat, and scrambled eggs. It was really good.

The evening cocktail hour consisted of open bar.........John drank a kamikaze each night. LOL Also, the hordoerves changed nightly. One night there was fresh veggies and dip, next night was chips and dip in addition to the veggies and dip. One night there was actually chicken breast in a marinara sauce, accompanied by steamed broccoli AND rice! If you ate a big lunch, you could definitely make do with the hor'doerves for dinner.

The suites........first off, the halls were all really nice. Nice carpet, wallpaper. Our 2 bedroom Suite was basically like having one of their one bedroom suites, with an additional hotel room/lockoff on the other side. their one bedroom suites are true 2 rooms.......not like some of these suite hotels that take a regular hotel room, put up a wall down the center, and call it a 2 room suite........no way. Buena Vista Suites does this, we saw them last year. (Sorry...)

The suite wasn't as big as the 2 bedroom timeshares I've stayed at, but was perfectly fine for us. You open the door onto a room that is the kitchen, and then is the living room at the end, with a nice couch, chair, TV. The kitchen is fully equipped, table and 4 chairs. To the left is the bathroom door. You can access the bathroom from the kitchen area or the bedroom. There is also a door to the bedroom from the living area. Our bedroom had a king size bed and TV. The bathroom was smallish, not like the timeshare bathrooms, but adequate.

The kids room was on the right hand side via connecting doors, which we had a heck of a time propping open. Their room was a good size, 2 double beds, TV, chair, desk with other chair. They had their own bathroom as well.

For this suite we paid $129 plus tax with our Entertainment rate. They did NOT ask for the card on checkin, although I did have it with me if they needed to see it. For the breakfast and hor'doerves alone it was worth it. The rooms were clean, new, and nice. We would definitely stay here again.

Were the 2 Bathrooms in the 2 Bedroom suite both Full Bathrooms, with a shower in both? Was the couch a pull-out sofa bed? We need another bed for a college boy to sleep. Thanks so much. The breakfast sounded very nice and would help immensely with the budget. It was free, right? Was it a buffet type? And if there are 5 of us, would all 5 be free for the breakfast? Thanks so much. 5 seems to be an odd number to travel with. We have 2 daughters, but the oldest daughter wants to take her college boyfriend with us. He is wonderful, but it will mean we'll need at least 2 bedrooms (so the girls can have privacy) and 2 bathrooms. If anyone has other suggestions, I'm all ears! Thanks so much! Pomcoach

Thanks for the reply. We're anxious to get down there. Hawthorn reps contacted us late last week to confirm our reservations and remind us about the free hot breakfast buffet and happy hour, daily. I'll be sure to post a message upon our return.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Were the 2 Bathrooms in the 2 Bedroom suite both Full Bathrooms, with a shower in both? Was the couch a pull-out sofa bed? We need another bed for a college boy to sleep. Thanks so much. The breakfast sounded very nice and would help immensely with the budget. It was free, right? Was it a buffet type? And if there are 5 of us, would all 5 be free for the breakfast? [/quote]

Yes, there was a full bathroom with tub and shower in each bathroom. I'm almost positive the sofa was a pullout. But in the 2nd bedroom there are 2 DOUBLES, so perhaps two of the younger kids could sleep together if the couch is not a pull out. YES, the breakfast was free and a buffet with both hot and cold assortment. :) Yes, all who are staying in your room get breakfast. In your two bedroom suite there is a full kitchen and a table with 4 chairs. You could make your own coffee if you wanted in your room. Also, there is a nice seating area to eat but you can also bring your breakfast back to your suite if you'd like. Have fun!!
Maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter