The Disney Tipping Info Thread *Updated 9.1.09*

Status
Not open for further replies.
RFrank9504 said:
-- Members receive a 20% discount on all food and beverage (including alcohol) for up to 10 people at participating table-service Disney restaurants. Effective January 1, 2008 a charge of 18% gratuity will be added to all Tables in Wonderland transactions, regardless of party size.

So in order to get 20% off my bill, 18% tip gets added even if its just my self and my hubby?? Is it me or it not worth it?
It depends. Were you originally not planning to tip? Then, no, I guess a 2% savings is not worth it. Do note, though, that this is the policy that was in effect when you signed up for Disney Dining Experience, since it has been in effect for more than a year now and membership is valid for one year.

Now, the example:

With discount:
Check total $100 +
Service charge $18 +
Tax $5.20 +
DDE/TiW discount $20 -
Total check $103.20

Without discount:
Check total $100 +
Tax $6.50 +
Gratuity $18 +
Total check $124.50

Thanks....I have another question. We are on the DDP, so tax has been paid already right? I am wondering if the amount that should be paid for tax is added onto the food bill, so would I pay 18 % of the food plus tax (for the gratuity) or just 18% on the food portion of the bill?:confused3

I am on just the Dining Plan, but the Plan does include tax right? :confused3

I am on just the Dining Plan, but the Plan does include tax right? :confused3

It does include tax. In an example like this...

Food - $100.00
Tax - $6.50

The question she was asking was, will the tip be figured on $100.00 or $106.50.

The answer is that the tip will be calculated on $100.00.

Is it true that the buffet table services have the gratuity included. Ex: Chef Mickey's. The ddp sticky says no???? I'm confused.

I'm hoping to book the free dining offer this year but haven't been on the plan since they changed it. I think it stinks that we lost appetizers. The gratuities would be high I think if we did a plated dinner at a table service place everyday. The CS person told me gratuities were included at all buffets when I booked last month for next September. Was he right or wrong?
Thanks!

No gratuitues are included in the dining plan except for the following: Cinderella's Royal Table, the dinner shows, in-room dining and pizza delivery.

Your CM was incorrect. Buffets do not include gratuities on DDP.

Because we request that discussion of tipping on the restaurant board be confined to the Tipping Info Thread at

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1870320

I am closing this thread.

Do you have to use cash to tip on the DDP?
On the reciept where it shows how many TS were deducted, is there a place to put the tip and then it magically:wizard: goes onto your acct that you settle at the end of your trip?
Hoping the later is the case. As I'd like to stop by the resort desk and apply my 200$ Disney GC or 300$ Disney Rewards Card before the end of my stay.
Lodging/tix/ and DDP already paid in full so now I have to find out how to maximize the GC and Rewards card.;) since we aren't big souvie buyers.

If you can use your Disney Dream Rewards dollars (from your Disney Visa) to pay for the tips for table service meals on the DDP? If so how the heck do you do it? Just hand the card to the waitstaff:confused3 ...Help! I think it would be a great use of my rewards if possible! Thanks!

If you can use your Disney Dream Rewards dollars (from your Disney Visa) to pay for the tips for table service meals on the DDP? If so how the heck do you do it? Just hand the card to the waitstaff:confused3 ...Help! I think it would be a great use of my rewards if possible! Thanks!

When you get your bill simply fill in the amount that you want to tip on the tip line. Give the server your KTTW card and your Disney Rewards Card. Ask them to deduct your meal entitlements from the KTTW card and put the tip on the Disney Rewards Card.

My Husband has it in his mind that he will tip $10 at a buffet and no more. Is that ok or should I run out before the waiter comes back. He thinks 18% is fine or maybe even more for served dinners but not buffets, unless of course the server goes and gets him his food :rolleyes:

My Husband has it in his mind that he will tip $10 at a buffet and no more. Is that ok or should I run out before the waiter comes back. He thinks 18% is fine or maybe even more for served dinners but not buffets, unless of course the server goes and gets him his food :rolleyes:

What you tip is entirely up to your party so long as you aren't a party of 6 or more or using the DDE/TiW card. Those groups are automatically charged an 18% gratuity.

Unfortunately because of the strong feelings regarding tipping, both ways, personal tipping habits aren't up for discussion and/or debate on this thread. (Per the guidelines on the first post)

Im sure it's been asked before but the search feature isn't working well for me. Can you use the Dining plan for meals and the GC for the tips?

I've read that you can charge tips to your room card and then use the $200 gift card to pay off room charges at your resort!

That's the best thing about having the dining plan is not having to make sure you have the right amount of cash on you all day every day. I will be using my gift card just for tips for my meals and I will have some left over at the end and will spend it freely at the gift shop at POR. Maybe even charge a few drinks to room charge and pay off with the gift card (that sounds better than the gift shop!!!).:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter