Anyone know if there is a "cool" fanny pack? UPDATE-I think I found one

Does the model's body come with that? :lmao: Ah, to be in shape again. Very cool little pack though... if my trip was further away I'd order one!

I wish that body came with the pack!!!;) Did you check out the store locations? If you look under "Company" you will find a list of store locations. I found one in my hometown.

I don't know if this could be true, but is there a cool/updated fanny pack?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2::lmao::lmao::rotfl::rotfl::lmao::rotfl: :rotfl2:

Seriously though...I don't give a rats you know what about what people I don't know think about my backpack or fannypack. I worry about carrying our crap around in the least painful way.

So I found one at Target for $10...I like it and think it looks pretty good...for a "fanny pack" :lmao: The tag called it a hip pack. I think this will work out better then digging in my disney backpack

Well, I have to put in my two cents here....

I'm going to be a dork :guilty: in Disney when I go in August. Here is the fanny pack I ordered. http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bags/Casual-Bag-Combo-Set/2495181/product.html It also comes with a strap to carry it over your shoulder.... and it comes with a separate shoulder bag.

It's too hot in August to carry a backpack... and this has a separate compartment for your cell phone and holds two water bottles. It's padded in the "back" and has a "secret" compartment to hold your money/kttw/cc.

I will just turn it around for pictures. It will hold my camcorder, digital camera and just about anything else I want to put in it. There is an expander zipper on the bottom.

Right...I never thought I would wear a fanny pack but after being at the world a couple of times now with my kids I am really considering it - if I can find an ok looking one

Ok, I get made fun of by my friends for wearing a fanny pack...but guess what?? HANDS FREE BABY!! I don't care!! I'm not at disney to make a fashion statement. :rotfl2:

Alright, alright...they are a little "silly" looking! ;)

I wanted something that we could put a few things in but still skip the bag check. I just ordered these: http://www.tamperseal.com/pacsafe-wristsafe-wrist-wallet-p-259.html
PE020BK.jpg

I think it will hold my cell phone, cash, credit card, ticket, a very small thing of sunscreen (1 oz. lotion) and two Tylenol.

even this, OR fanny packs, require you to go throught the bag check line at disney.

They are extremely dorky looking but I don't care. The last two years I've had a small backpack that was great, but it was a pain having to take it off for all the rides and take it off at least one shoulder to dig through and find our debit card/cash/napkins/etc. I bought a fanny pack and a special elastic thing that water bottles go in and it clips right on to the strap of the fanny pack. Everything I need right in front of me. And no more smooshing my bag into the little bag holder on the rides ;)

Ooh! Ooh!!! Pick me!!!!!!

I FOUND ONE!! I found a COOL fanny pack!!!

It's a Vera!-- I was in my local Vera Bradley retailer, getting my next fix, when I found a Vera fanny pack (I think they called it a "belt bag" or something to that extent). Our particular store only had 2 of them, (one was in the Bali Gold color), but they were cuuuute. I *almost* bought one for myself but I reeeallly needed that new hipster in Make Me Blush ;) .

Anyhoo... hope this helps!

I love how the word "need" is always used in posts when Vera Bradley bags are mentioned.
I may have to look into those Vera packs. :cool1:

I will never go to an amusement park or all day thing without my fanny pack. I have my keys, wallet, camera and tickets/papers in there and I'm good to go. It doesn't get in the way on rides, it is never left behind and it's got enough space to put small treasures in as needed. Because it buckles around my waist it can also be used for sweatshirts, jackets or other things when they hang through the strap - more hand free ness.

As far as cool - I could care less. It's all about needs and convenience in my life. I gave up cool long ago.

I will never go to an amusement park or all day thing without my fanny pack. I have my keys, wallet, camera and tickets/papers in there and I'm good to go. It doesn't get in the way on rides, it is never left behind and it's got enough space to put small treasures in as needed. Because it buckles around my waist it can also be used for sweatshirts, jackets or other things when they hang through the strap - more hand free ness.

As far as cool - I could care less. It's all about needs and convenience in my life. I gave up cool long ago.

Well said! I think anyone considering a fanny pack is probably in the same situation. Who cares if our teenagers make fun of us? :rotfl2: My only question is, are they comfortable & do they, ah-hem, pull your pants down? I am constantly hitching mine up & worry about the pack dragging them down more. ;)

I don't wear hip hugging pants, so it may be different with those, but I have NEVER had an issue with my pants and the fanny pack. I have no problem with comfort either, never have, even with my heavier camara in there. If it's a SUPER hot day it can get sweaty but anything would. You basically can't tell it's around your waist more then a belt would be something you notice.

Very well said Nora94!

My husband STILL can't believe I bought a fanny pack. The Easter Bunny even gave my kids fanny packs for Easter. The will be perfect for them too. I won't have to carry their stuff; and my husband will just have to figure out what to do with his stuff! :laughing:

I forgot another point that makes them essential in my book - glasses - I HAVE to wear mine or I am blind, so if we go on a ride where our glasses are in danger we put them in our fanny pack - they are safe and not hurt and accessible instantly when the ride is done. Plus if I have my sun glasses there is a place to store those as well. Our whole family uses them, aren't we lame?

At lots of places (Great America in Chicago area for one) they don't let you store back packs on the ride platforms anymore. You had to rent lockers for your stuff prior to entering the que line. I had a fanny pack there and it was never an issue to have it with me on the ride - it was attached to my person.

OMG I am glad I found this thread because I have been in search of a 'cool' fanny pack for a little while now. here is what I have found:

This one has lots of need pockets, even ones that are fleece lined to protect glasses etc
http://www.ebags.com/product/overland-equipment/bayliss/140196

This one is a little more cool looking and still has plenty of room:
http://www.ebags.com/product/sherpani/zoom/144396

This is an option as well:
http://sherpani.com/product.aspx?bO3FscouH=1&GQd0EjaqX=7&pmdoXJC4W=210

Ditto that!

Ooh! Ooh!!! Pick me!!!!!!

I FOUND ONE!! I found a COOL fanny pack!!!

It's a Vera!-- I was in my local Vera Bradley retailer, getting my next fix, when I found a Vera fanny pack (I think they called it a "belt bag" or something to that extent). Our particular store only had 2 of them, (one was in the Bali Gold color), but they were cuuuute. I *almost* bought one for myself but I reeeallly needed that new hipster in Make Me Blush ;) .

Anyhoo... hope this helps!

I just ordered one tonight (they are having a sale) for $12 I think. It was in the pink pattern.

You can wear it a couple of differant ways.

My solution? Make hubby carry the fanny pack. :)
I carry our camera on my belt. He carries a fanny pack with ponchos, medicines, his wallet, etc. A couple days this past summer we went fanny-pack free and just used our pockets. Comfy, but we did look lumpy...

I cannot live without my fanny pack (or bum bag, as they are know in England). I have used one for many many years, on many many trips across the Atlantic and for various vacations. They are invaluable when trying to manhandle baby in stroller, luggage etc etc. I have several sizes, depending on what they are for. I just bought a new one for Disney - http://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Produ...r_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1272844849&sr=8-1

I can't wait to try it out :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter