Anyone in early march????

OhioGrumpyGirl

Mouseketeer
:cool1: We're leaving Ohio on March 4th :cool1: !!! I can't wait. I'm ready to leave tonight!! We'll stay for 8 nights, then back home :sad1: .

We leave for Disney March 7-13 and then off to Universal for 4 nights, I too can't wait to escape the cold, although I have to admit it hasn't been that bad here so far this winter.

YES! We are staying at Poly Mar 4-12. 12 of us in all. Me, wife, 3 ds's and dd. Sister, BIL, niece, nephew, mom and dad. It's a lot of people to keep up with, but it's great to get the whole family together at a place where everything is fun. When we left last year, we booked the same week for this year. Last year was supposed to be the "once-in-a-lifetime" family trip, but thanks to another good year at work, we're headed back for Part II. Have fun!

We will be leaving the Boston area and vacationing March 5-11. I can't wait. We are hoping for waterpark weather. Which for us is 65 degress and higher. BBBBRRRRRR.... My kids are polar bears. We will be trying Universal for the first time.
Tara

Taratink said:
We will be leaving the Boston area and vacationing March 5-11. I can't wait. We are hoping for waterpark weather. Which for us is 65 degress and higher. BBBBRRRRRR.... My kids are polar bears. We will be trying Universal for the first time.
Tara

We have Universal passes (Crazy I know, cuz we're in ohio!! :rotfl2: ) But we were in Orlando and Burger King had coupons (buy 1 year get the 2nd free). So for a little more then 2 days admission we got 2 years!! The kids love it there and we don't feel like we have to be there right at opening to get our moneys worth for the day!! We also got chosen for the "family of the day" last year. You have to go on a Saturday night and check out the Mardi Gras parade. It is sooooo awesome!!! That was the kids (6 & 7) fave thing last year!! They only have it on Sat night. We're gonna try to go for 2 sat's this time. My neice got so many beads that she could barely stand up straight :rotfl: !! Oh ~ it's not like the real thing (flashing for beads and stuff). We dressed her in the mardi gras colors and had light up things in her pig-tails, so she really stood out!!! Have fun!!!!

Hi, grumpy girl. Unfortunately we will be arriving on a Sun and leaving on Sat. afternoon so we will miss the parade. The airfare was $400 dollars cheaper if we went home a day earlier. Boo hoo hoo...... How busy is it there the 2nd week in March? Does Universal get as busy as the MK? I really hope that we like US because this is our 3 trip in a row to WDW and we are looking for something new to do. That is a great deal to get a full year free. Good bargin hunting!
Tara

Hi Tara
We were there last year in early March and it wasn't too crowded. Islands of Adventure seemed to be more crowded than the Studios (probably because of the thrill rides!!), but overall it wasn't too bad. The weather is great, so any time you do spend in line isn't miserable! That really sucks that you'll miss the parade :( , they are awesome. They bring floats in from New Orleans and this year is the 125th aniversary of Mardi Gras, so it's supposed to be a huge blow-out!
If you hit the outlet shops -- there are also Universal Studios outlet stores. Some of the deals aren't as good as the Disney outlets, but they're still way cheaper than the parks!
Enjoy your trip!!

Our family of 4 will be staying at the WL in March. I can't wait to get some sun. :sunny: Anyone who has been in March..how busy is it? I am a little concerned. We went once near the end of April and it was pretty crowded. We waited 2 hours for Splash...Hoping it isn't that busy in early March. Any opinions?

Tinkerchelle,
This will be our first March trip too and we will be at WDW the same week as you. So I can't help you with crowd levels but we did go to the WL last Feb and we loved it. My DD4 still talks about the Lodge and it has almost been a year since our last trip. We will be staying offsite this trip. Enjoy yourself
Tara

I'll be at SSR March 5th-11th!
Can't wait to escape cold Boston!

We are looking forward to staying at WL. Glad that you and your family enjoyed it! You enjoy your trip, too! :banana:

We are going Feb 25 and staying in a vacation home until March 5 and then staying a VWL March 5-7. I hope it's not to crowded. I can't wait!!!

Hi all My family (hubby and 2 daughters ages 9 and 15 and I) will be going to WDW on March 4 through the 10. We are also in Ohio now. I can't wait!

March 2 - 12 at Swan. We've been there this week about 5 times, only had one day where it rained all day and temps are almost always in the 72 - 85 range for highs. I'd call the crowds 'Moderate'. Get to the park early, use FastPass and you'll do fine.

cwnhokie,

Thanks to your heads up on the 180 day thing, we're doing Cindy's Breakfast on 3/9. Thanks again

Bill From PA

Bill From PA said:
March 2 - 12 at Swan. We've been there this week about 5 times, only had one day where it rained all day and temps are almost always in the 72 - 85 range for highs. I'd call the crowds 'Moderate'. Get to the park early, use FastPass and you'll do fine.

cwnhokie,

Thanks to your heads up on the 180 day thing, we're doing Cindy's Breakfast on 3/9. Thanks again

Bill From PA

I'm glad you were able to get it, I'm sure your granddaughter will enjoy it. We went last year for lunch before it was a character meal and got to see Cinderella in the lobby. She's not such a big draw for the boys, it was neat eating in the castle. DH got himself into trouble when our waiter overheard him making fun or his royal language, DH said "My Lord, My Lady, Whatever" I saw the posts on the other thread relating to a mini Dis meet forming, I wish we could join you on your favorite "ride", but the kids don't meet the age requirement. Maybe we'll see you around.

March 2 through March 12 at Shades of Green. There will be 24 of us! I can't wait! :cool1: :cool1: :cheer2: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter