Anyone have luck asking for an item not on the kids menu?

autismgoesdisney

DIS Veteran
My kids LOVE seafood and we are going to Captain's Grille. I was shocked to read their children's menu, not one peice of seafood on it! Has anyone asked for a substitution of any sort?

1) This is going to be tough.
. . . kid menu is priced at a certain level
. . . seafood probably exceeds that level
. . . each manager is responsible for the profit margin
. . . so, it is usually up to him/her
2) But, you never know.
3) I have heard stranger things.
4) It never hurts to ask.

I agree with Rusty, it never hurts to ask, but don't be upset if they can not accomodate you.
You could always pay and perhaps they could split an adult fish selection

I agree with Rusty, it never hurts to ask, but don't be upset if they can not accomodate you.

Oh absolutely I wouldn't be upset. I already plan on giving them most of my meal and eating their food lol

I used to work at ABC Commissary in DHS and our kids menu only had meat items (nuggets, turkey sandwich, and burger). I've had situations where the parents would ask if they could get fish as a subsitute because their children were vegetarians. Everytime I ever had to call a manager or coordinator over to ask, they'd allow it. They'd usually give them one or two (can't remember) pieces of fish instead of the usual three.
Obviously, I don't know about every location seeing as I only worked at the one, but my advice would be to ask...and ask for a manager if needed. :goodvibes

I agree with Hopefully. If you aren't on the dining plan, just get an adult fish entree that they can share if the substitution isn't allowed. Of course, if you are on the dining plan, then this isn't possible unless you pay OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter