Anyone have a white Christmas tree or a snow flocked one?

I love my white tree!! Bought it about 5yrs ago at an after Christmas sale at Family Dollar for $10.00, lol.
I do white/clear on white. Clear lights (with the white cord), frosted white or clear ornaments in different sizes/shapes. Clear sparkly hanging gems & white/clear snowflakes. I have a white bead type garland and a clear garland. I use the white cotton snow like stuff for the tree skirt. It is so beautiful lit up in a dark room, it just glows. I keep saying every year that I am going to introduce a little color, but just can't bear too. This tree is for me, lol.
My dd has her giant tree in her part of the house & the grandkids have a couple little trees that they decorate in the dining room and basement play room.

Sounds like a very elegant tree, would love to see it! :santa:

We have to have artificial tree's. I would love a real one but that isn't possible due to my sons allergies.

I was in Macy's the other day and they had a white tree all decorated in sweets - candy, cupcakes, things like that. I loved the contrast with the white tree. I have been collecting sweets ornaments for years.

I want to get one and wondered if anyone can recommend a brand or tell me where you got one recently. Also considering a snow flocked one. Pre-lit would be great. Thanks

Many stores have white ones. Walmart has em. Target has em. K-Mart has em. Sears has em. The white ones sometimes last until the after Christmas sales, sometimes not. We had one. and we put it right in the window. Big Mistake. The sun turned it brown. :rotfl2: On our green tree, we put white lights and white and gold ornaments. All the other color ornaments we have go on the white tree. Well that is when we get another one.

Many stores have white ones. Walmart has em. Target has em. K-Mart has em. Sears has em. The white ones sometimes last until the after Christmas sales, sometimes not. We had one. and we put it right in the window. Big Mistake. The sun turned it brown. :rotfl2: On our green tree, we put white lights and white and gold ornaments. All the other color ornaments we have go on the white tree. Well that is when we get another one.

Spent a good part of the day yesterday looking at Walmart, Target, Sears and Loews. After finding the white tree I want on Balsam Hill - nothing else compares. I just have to suck it up and spend the $. I'm hoping they may have a black Friday sale.

Good tip about not putting it in the window!

Thank-you for the compliment, Jessica.

We got our artificial flocked tree at the local nursery. During the year they of course sell plants but sometime during September it turns into the most gorgeously decorated Christmas shop. If you have a nursery like that in your area, you might want to see if they carry artificial trees.

I wondered if we might need a new tree this year. The one in the picture is probably 6 years old but it was fine. The tree below is the one I was going to order, it's full and the branches would be great for holding heavier or larger ornaments:

http://1000bulbs.com/product/60749/CMSG-A806376.html
60749_c429c79b99030b0c5d038994252d57cb34a81bc5_original_x_323_1342517448.jpg

We have to have artificial tree's. I would love a real one but that isn't possible due to my sons allergies.

I was in Macy's the other day and they had a white tree all decorated in sweets - candy, cupcakes, things like that. I loved the contrast with the white tree. I have been collecting sweets ornaments for years.

I want to get one and wondered if anyone can recommend a brand or tell me where you got one recently. Also considering a snow flocked one. Pre-lit would be great. Thanks

I don't know where to tell you to get one, but we really like ours. I bought mine at Garden Ridge about 7 years ago. It's not one of the prelighted trees, so it has lasted a long time. We just replace a few strings of lights every Christmas.

I have had a couple of different themes with mine. I love to decorate it with white lights, big red cardinals, red shiny beads, red and gold glass balls, candy canes, and red & gold bows (plus some of my vast collection of angel ornaments.)

DD started decorating it herself a few years ago. She used multicolored lights, which kinda makes the tree glow pink. DD put small stuffed toys on the tree, plus our various ornaments. Last year nobody wanted to help me decorate, so rather than drag out all the stuff, I just went to Target and bought some glass balls in bright pink, turquoise, green, orang, and purple. Set on the tree with the multicolored lights, it looked like the Big Rock Candy Mountain.:joker:

I have a white one with beautiful Mickey ornaments in the bright colors. I bought the tree at Walmart and the ornaments at DTD to mimick the tree they had in there that was huge and white with the same ornaments on it. ;)

Jessica -
Have you checked Balsam Hill today? They have a Thanksgiving sale going on right now.

We had a white Christmas tree for three years and opened it this year -- it had turned tan. Ugh. So disappointing. I'm hesitant to buy another one now because it wasn't cheap and I have to throw it out.

Maybe I'll go with a silver tree. Has anyone ever had a silver tree?

I really love my white tree. Got it at WalMart a few years ago for $45 and it's pre-lit. My tree is butted up right next to the window in my room where all the sun comes in and it has not turned brown...I didn't even know that was a problem with some trees! :rotfl:

Mine is covered in bright, glittery, shiny ornaments and has colored lights. Very whimsical and happy. :santa:

Well, we just spent a chunk of the afternoon searching for a new tree. Only the hardware store had any white trees and that was where we got the expensive white tree that's now tan. There were none at Sears, Target, Home Depot, Walmart, etc (none as in they don't carry them). And no one had any silver trees.

:confused:

I'm kind of at a loss now. We may put up our old green tree and call it a day.

Well, we just spent a chunk of the afternoon searching for a new tree. Only the hardware store had any white trees and that was where we got the expensive white tree that's now tan. There were none at Sears, Target, Home Depot, Walmart, etc (none as in they don't carry them). And no one had any silver trees.

Check your local plant nursery. Hobby Lobby had a tree that was lightly flocked.

I saw some pretty silver trees while shopping online. I ordered online and it came quickly you could also have a look at Amazon and get that really quick. I was also unable to find one I liked at any of the same stores we went to.

Hope you find one!

I loved our white tree but it also turned brown. I wonder if the heat has anything to do with it. We stored it in the garage in the Arizona heat.

We got a can of spray-on snow and that helped for a year or two, but finally threw out the tree.

First we had green strands and had to buy multi-color lights on white strands, so when we got another green tree we had to buy green strands again.

Pre-lit trees are fine but they usually don't come with enough lights to suit DH. He has this "thing" about lights -- you can never have too many. He's been known to overload extension cords, have to replace fuses, then spread out the load. After he put 30 strands of lights -- 100 lights on each -- on one 10-ft tree, the strands took turns going out, so he decided that maybe you CAN have too many lights.

I loved our white tree but it also turned brown. I wonder if the heat has anything to do with it. We stored it in the garage in the Arizona heat.

We got a can of spray-on snow and that helped for a year or two, but finally threw out the tree.

First we had green strands and had to buy multi-color lights on white strands, so when we got another green tree we had to buy green strands again.

Pre-lit trees are fine but they usually don't come with enough lights to suit DH. He has this "thing" about lights -- you can never have too many. He's been known to overload extension cords, have to replace fuses, then spread out the load. After he put 30 strands of lights -- 100 lights on each -- on one 10-ft tree, the strands took turns going out, so he decided that maybe you CAN have too many lights.

I like a lot of light too so I buy couple of boxes of the outdoor icicle lights and arrange them on the branches. It's cheaper than buying a bunch of single strands and gives tons more light. It's also easier than running lights up and down on each individual branch. That took me 4 hours one year on one of our older trees!

Just a heads up that Big Lots has the smaller white trees for under $15. I am tempted to get one for a candy tree inspired one for my kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter