Anyone have a white Christmas tree or a snow flocked one?

JessicaR

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>
We have to have artificial tree's. I would love a real one but that isn't possible due to my sons allergies.

I was in Macy's the other day and they had a white tree all decorated in sweets - candy, cupcakes, things like that. I loved the contrast with the white tree. I have been collecting sweets ornaments for years.

I want to get one and wondered if anyone can recommend a brand or tell me where you got one recently. Also considering a snow flocked one. Pre-lit would be great. Thanks

Maybe Hick's has them, or there is a place in East Northport/Commack on Jericho that always has beautiful trees, I think the stores name is Laura's Elegance.

Maybe Hick's has them, or there is a place in East Northport/Commack on Jericho that always has beautiful trees, I think the stores name is Laura's Elegance.

I always forget about Laura's. Beautiful store. Thanks will have a look this weekend. :) There was a 40% off coupon for Hicks this weekend, may be worth the trip.

I wasn't even thinking local I was thinking mail order.

I have a white one, purchased at Lowe's. I call it my Dr. Seuss tree, because it looks like it is straight from one of his books. Decorations are hot pink, turquoise blue, lime green, purple, orange and bight yellow. The more outlandish, the better. Everyone loves it.

The picture doesn't do it justice, but here is one of my white trees with blue lights/decorations:

ry%3D480

I can't believe you posted this. I have been wanting to do a candy themed tree forever. And a white tree or a flocked tree. My kids have been resistant to both ideas. But now they are old enough that I can do what I want. I have been combing the ads looking for a deal and kicking myself for not buying it after last Christmas. I knew I wanted it and would have gotten a deal.

I love white trees, but people who dont really hate them and even hate you for liking them :scared:

I picked up one the other year at walmart. It's has my angel ornaments in my dining room. Love it.

We have to have artificial tree's. I would love a real one but that isn't possible due to my sons allergies.

I was in Macy's the other day and they had a white tree all decorated in sweets - candy, cupcakes, things like that. I loved the contrast with the white tree. I have been collecting sweets ornaments for years.

I want to get one and wondered if anyone can recommend a brand or tell me where you got one recently. Also considering a snow flocked one. Pre-lit would be great. Thanks

We picked up a really nice one from Kohls last year. It was before Christmas (ours broke and we needed a replacement asap) and it was 80% off with all the Kohls discounts. It is prelit and flocked.

I like the look, do not like all the white flocking all over the carpets that falls off when setting up and taking down.

I put up a white Christmas tree each year. I decorate it with blue lights and blue decorations.

It was purchased a few years ago from http://www.christmascentral.com

They have a huge selection of white trees - prelit or unlit. http://shop.christmascentral.com/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=5&key=white&scat=5982

Hope that helps,
Laura

Very helpful and your tree looks so pretty with the blue - thanks!

I have a white one, purchased at Lowe's. I call it my Dr. Seuss tree, because it looks like it is straight from one of his books. Decorations are hot pink, turquoise blue, lime green, purple, orange and bight yellow. The more outlandish, the better. Everyone loves it.

Have any pictures? Sounds awesome. I'm gonna have a look at Loews too - thanks!

I can't believe you posted this. I have been wanting to do a candy themed tree forever. And a white tree or a flocked tree. My kids have been resistant to both ideas. But now they are old enough that I can do what I want. I have been combing the ads looking for a deal and kicking myself for not buying it after last Christmas. I knew I wanted it and would have gotten a deal.

I started the candy sweets theme about 4-5 years ago and have such a great collection. I can just imagine how well they would show up against a white tree. My kids are resistant. I told them they would get over it - they are older now. :rotfl: If I find a great deal I will be sure to let you know.

I love white trees, but people who dont really hate them and even hate you for liking them :scared:

Like my kids for instance. My husband also said white - really? :rotfl:

I have seen some flocked ones at Hobby Lobby.

Thanks!

I picked up one the other year at walmart. It's has my angel ornaments in my dining room. Love it.

Will check there also - thanks!

We picked up a really nice one from Kohls last year. It was before Christmas (ours broke and we needed a replacement asap) and it was 80% off with all the Kohls discounts. It is prelit and flocked.

I like the look, do not like all the white flocking all over the carpets that falls off when setting up and taking down.

Wow - you got a deal! I was wondering if the stuff would make a mess. I'll see what Kohls has. I didn't know they sold trees so thanks!

I have a white tree too. I bought it at Walmart. My advice is make sure you buy prelit. It is a huge headache trying to buy lights. They always seem to come on green strands. It took forever to find white strands that weren't outdoor lights. And then I had it in my head they had to be all blue lights and the white strands were multi colored so I bought blue lights on green strings and the multis on white and switched it all over. My family was pretty sure I went nuts. All the ornaments and everything are blue. When I was growing up my grandma had a white tree with all pink. White is beautiful but I think it looks best if you have a theme. The candy or cupcake theme sounded beautiful or doing all one color on white nice too.

If all else fails check Bronners Christmas world
bronners.com

We got a snow flocked tree several years ago at Home Depot. It came prelit with white lights and it also came with crystals that hang off the branches. It really is quite a beautiful tree...and very bright. I really do love it. The only problem is that it makes a mess when you put it up and take it down. The "snow" just falls off everywhere. I still love it though.

I love my white tree!! Bought it about 5yrs ago at an after Christmas sale at Family Dollar for $10.00, lol.
I do white/clear on white. Clear lights (with the white cord), frosted white or clear ornaments in different sizes/shapes. Clear sparkly hanging gems & white/clear snowflakes. I have a white bead type garland and a clear garland. I use the white cotton snow like stuff for the tree skirt. It is so beautiful lit up in a dark room, it just glows. I keep saying every year that I am going to introduce a little color, but just can't bear too. This tree is for me, lol.
My dd has her giant tree in her part of the house & the grandkids have a couple little trees that they decorate in the dining room and basement play room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter