~~~Anyone have a compiled list of must-try sweet snacks at WDW?

The fresh mini-donuts sold only at the two water parks. (And we do have people ask for a shopping pass so they can go in and buy them.)

OOOOOO! you can get a pass to get in and just shop???? OMG! REALLY!!??! That's like Charlie Bucket's Golden Ticket to me! :hyper:

Please, Cheshire, do tell us more about this shopping pass of which you speak.

We usually do not have park hoppers and this caused a problem last year when DD#2 really wanted a shirt we only saw at AK. How does this pass work and what must we do to get one?

I am not sure how they are handled at the theme parks.

At the water parks we will sell you a one day water park pass at full price. If you return to the issuing ticket window or a Guest Relations window within 30 minutes of having enered the Park, and are still dry, we will refund the payment to you. When we scan the ticket at the window we can see the exact time you went through a turnstile.

At the water parks we will sell you a one day water park pass at full price. If you return to the issuing ticket window or a Guest Relations window within 30 minutes of having enered the Park, and are still dry, we will refund the payment to you. When we scan the ticket at the window we can see the exact time you went through a turnstile.

:rotfl: dang how good are these donuts that people go to the water park just to get them and then leave

CCCCOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! THANKS CF!! :thumbsup2 Because one just can't shop enough at WDW. Heaven knows they don't give you enough chances. :lmao:

I have never in my life had a soft serve vanilla coke float until I was at Mrs. Potts. I felt it had to be scooped ice cream and scoffed at first. I have to tell you on a hot day, it hits the spot. You might have two.

There's also the bakery on the boardwalk which has these eclairs that I keep resisting, but I'll bet they're damn good.

Over in Japan pavilion, you need to get a kakigori. I'm a fan of melon, but there's a few other flavors that are hard to decide on. Most people would pass on what is basically a sno-cone, but watch Illuminations on a hot night with one of these and you're all set.

There's also a traditional banana split over at Beaches & Cream that I just found out about and will now have something else to resist.

Raglan Road has a good bread pudding.

Main street bakery. I haven't seen this since 2001, but they had this non-traditional apple pie that was kind of dry and cake looking, like layers of crumbs, on layers of apples in apple goop, on layers of crust, with some raisins. A square piece like a sicilian slice but about 2 inches thick. If you see it, get it and a bottle of milk. It was one of those "best thing I ever ate" moments, like the cherry cheesecake from DZerts before Pleasure Island became whatever it is now. Or the non-existant chocolate death cake with chocolate chips from the Crystal Palace Restaurant before they turned it into that building that stands there now serving some food.

Ghiradelli is a bit overrated but good. If they're getting slammed, don't bother, they'll be rushing to crank out orders and usually that means quality goes down, same as anywhere else in the world.

I'm not mentioning the Karamelle Kuche again because, well damn, you can smell it down the block.

Germany's strudel is rumored so good as to have caused family issues, but I've never had it, and neither did that family that it caused issues for. All the people around them told them it was the best thing ever though and they didn't know what they were missing.

The tiramisu at Via Napoli was good.

Just keep telling yourself that you're working off all these calories with all the walking. I do.

BTW, I hate all of you that have added to "my list of stuff to try". I only hope I have returned the favor.

Another reason to love the QSDP, two snacks per day!!!! We had so many snacks our last Thanksgiving trip I thought I would bust. Starring Rolls and France were outstanding!!!

Let's not forget the booze

1. Grey Goose Slushie in France
2. Grand Marnier slushie (forget where but in Epcot)
3. Turtle fudge at Main Street Bakery
4. Do not turn your nose up to the prepackaged coated rice crispy bars. They are the ones in various shapes (flowers, flip flops), 1/2 covered with various colored chocolate and round sprinkles. The package reads "Minnie's Bakery" and I found them at the CR gift shop. They beat the mickey bars, hands down.
5. Butterfinger cupcake at DHS STarring Rolls.

And, thank you to all those who contributed to my list. I will find the actual list and update with anything I forgot.

Have fun!!!

I did a similar survey in May. The following are the responses I received. They are not all "sweet", as requested, and some aren't even snacks but I'm hungry and wanted to rehash:

1. Fries at the Plaza (MK)
2. Fish and chips (UK/Epcot)
3. Grey Goose slushie (France/Epcot)
4. Grand Marnier slushie (France/Epcot)
5. Zebra domes (AKL Boma/Mara)
6. Dole Whips (Poly or Tom Sawyer Island-MK)
7. Candy in UK/Epcot (it was some chocolate thing)
8. Butterfinger cupcake (Starring Rolls/DHS)
9. Cinnamon Bun (Main St. Bakery)
10. Mickey Cakes mini's (Boardwalk Bakery)
11. Spicy cheese pretzels (AK-Safari Pretzel cart)
12. Kaki Gori (Japan/Epcot)
13. Ice cream cookie sandwich (Main St. Bakery?)
14. Club Cool Sodas Smart and Kinley (Epcot)
15. Magical Star Cocktail (O'hana/Poly Bar)
16. Lapu Lapu or Backscratch (Poly Bar)
17. Creme Brulee cupcake (CR-I asked for it in June, they said they don't have it anymore?)
18. Cream Cheese filled pretzel (Scuttles Landing/MK)
19. Carrot Cake Cookie (Book Store past ABC Commissary/DHS)
20. Breeze by Sea Keylime (I don't know what this is but it's at Starring Rolls/DHS)
21. Strawberry Shortcake sundae (Mrs. Potts Cupboard/MK)
22. Mango Green Tea Slush (Joy of Tea-China/Epcot)
23. Frozen Rasberry Lemonade (?)
24. PB&J Milkshake (50's PT/DHS)
25. American Dream (I don't know what this is - Epcot)
26. Smoothies in Tomorrowland (MK)

Good luck!!!

Let's see...3 people x 2 snacks x 5 days = 30 snacks! I just might be able to try all the best stuff on the list! :woohoo: Oh, wait, my kids expect me to share with them. Hmmm...:idea: We will just have to sample and share our way around the World.

I did hear something about asking at the counter of Starring Rolls for a slice of grapefruit cake that they serve in Brown Derby. I am definitly trying that even if I have to go OOP.

One thing I didn't really appreciate as much as the hype was zebra domes.

For something savory, DD#2 loves the chicken fried rice (yep, snack point) and DD#1 is all about the jalepeno cheese pretzel.

Nothing new to add, just had to say :thumbsup2 for starting the thread! You're my kind of traveler!

My absolute favorite Disney treat are the Mickey gingerbread boys from Germany. Yummy! Even though we didn't get to go to WDW this year, I had a friend take a trip, and then my parents went a couple of months later. They were kind enough to bring home a cookie for me. It instantly takes me back to the World.

Food is my favorite topic :)

In Magic Kingdom... I love getting ice cream sundae's from Mrs. Potts' Cupboard or the Main Street Bakery. I also loveee the Mickey Mouse shaped rice krispies dipped in chocolate. They have those in a lot of places, but the Main Street Confectionery comes to mind. They also have GIANT rice krispie mickey heads. I want one haha

In Epcot, I love going to the Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in Norway and getting the sweet pretzels. They have rasins in them, with frosting and almonds on top. They are DELICIOUS.

And of course, classic Mickey Ice Cream Bars are a must :lovestruc they are so good. And the tollhouse ice cream cookie sandwiches.

ahh i love food. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter