Anyone gotten a PIN code lately?

Miffy

DIS Veteran
I guess this is the equivalent of asking if anyone's won the lottery lately, but maybe someone has gotten a PIN code and I can fantasize about getting one myself!

In almost 38 years of going and staying on site, I have never gotten one. My son, who has never booked a room under his name or ever paid for a room, has received a few at my house but not lately.

We haven’t gone since 2016, but I’ve probably received three or four since that time. Fingers crossed for one in the near future.

I got one for the first time ever last fall. Nothing since. My husband used to get every single one it seemed (which is funny since I’m always the one who books the trips lol) and he hasn’t gotten one since last fall either.

What is a PIN code in this context?
In the past, WDW has sent out special resort discount codes--by email and I think also by regular mail--to people. No one that I know of has any idea what the criteria for these codes are, and why anyone would get one. The codes were (are?) usable only by the recipient and the discounts were always impressive, often 40% off rack rate.

I used to get them every once in a while but haven't gotten one in years.

People always called them PIN codes because they came with a special so-called PIN number, which you needed in order to book a reservation using the code. But just having the number wasn't enough--you needed to be the person the code was sent to.

Yeah, I checked my email as I usually saved them in my WDW folder and the last I received was in 2013(!). Now, I may have gotten a mailing since then but definitely nothing since 2016.

I got one this morning for 12/12 to 12/24 but my passholder discount is better. Guess I won't be using it.

Anyone got one recently for the spring? In the past, I’ve always gotten one around this time. Even last year during the middle of the pandemic. This year, so far nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter