Anyone got COVID after returning home from Disney Parks Or Universal?????

Clt_jojo

DISNEYLAND HONG KONG BOUND MARCH 2025
I just read that Florida is not counting covid cases into Florida numbers. So, if you are from OHIO. Get covid while in Florida. Yet, you get home, test positive. it counts in Ohio. The state that you live in. That's why Numbers seem so low i think....anyone know anything on this? Under reporting????543916

I guess it's kind of complicated.

If an unknowingly infected person from Texas goes to Disney and infects someone from Ohio, someone from Pennsylvania, and someone from Wisconsin, and then they all go back to their home states and eventually test positive, should all of those count for Texas, or the original person for Texas and the rest for Florida, or each for the own state?

Edited to add that I realize that the person from Texas might have no way of knowing they were infected when they left, just as the people gong back to their home states don't really know for sure where they got infected. It's tricky!

I guess it's kind of complicated.

If an unknowingly infected person from Texas goes to Disney and infects someone from Ohio, someone from Pennsylvania, and someone from Wisconsin, and then they all go back to their home states and eventually test positive, should all of those count for Texas, or the original person for Texas and the rest for Florida, or each for the own state?

Edited to add that I realize that the person from Texas might have no way of knowing they were infected when they left, just as the people gong back to their home states don't really know for sure where they got infected. It's tricky!
I just read about under reporting. Makes sense they have to tie it to state ur from. Just hard to get a real number out of parks.

I just read that Florida is not counting covid cases into Florida numbers. So, if you are from OHIO. Get covid while in Florida. Yet, you get home, test positive. it counts in Ohio. The state that you live in. That's why Numbers seem so low i think....anyone know anything on this? Under reporting????View attachment 543916
I guess if you live in Florida and catch it in Ohio then return to Florida it counts as Florida?
I’ve been twice and haven’t caught it. Been to Niagara Falls that was much more crowded with people that are from a very high risk area and didn’t catch it there either.

That is how reporting has been working in many states. The positive case will be attached to the home zip code.
Contact tracing should be able to trace to other zip codes/ other states, which would then report the other zip codes/states involved in transmission. As you might imagine, contact tracing is an art and a science. (An art to get folks to disclosure information, and an epidemiological science.)

When areas do not contact trace, or if areas/persons are not disclosing information, then there is an incomplete picture to the transmission route(s). However, sometimes we do get glimpses to the transmission routes over time. An example is the Boston Biogen conference early in the epidemic. That one event demonstrated the R value of this virus quite well.

You count as a positive in your state / county of residence. Doesn’t matter where you (may) have contracted it. In many cases there is no way to know for sure where one contracted it. My county over 1/3 of the cases are unknown/community spread.

If someone visits another state (or country), and after returning shows symptoms and tests positive...how in the world would the place they visited a) even know they had visited, and b) possibly know they had tested positive later somewhere else?

:confused3:crazy:

I know tracers in our state ask where u have traveled, restaurants & stores you have eaten in. Etc. to try and see where super spreading is happening.

A coworker recently returned from WDW and a couple of people in her family tested positive after returning.

My husband and I are both educators. My husband contracted covid in our school office along with 7 other people who work in our office. We went to another county to get tested because it was easy and available. Our two positive cases count in our county not the county we tested in. They passed our info to our county because we live there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter