Anyone getting insane amounts of pop ups?

I'm having the same issue on my pc now. Each time I use Disboards. Norton has blocked threats but I'm going to stop using Dis for awhile.

What can be done about the pop-ups? Are the site admins unaware or can they not combat it?

I don't know, but someone has to do something. Since yesterday I have been getting the "You won" one, with the website ( DO NOT CLICK ON IT!) named happy.superlucky.xyz. It's only happening on Chrome, when I open it with IE, it all works just fine. On Chrome whatever it is, puts my ISP logo instead of the DIS one, and I reported it to my ISP by screen printing it. They are investigating, since whatever it is, is illegally using their logo, but since it's only happening on the DIS, then it has to be a DIS problem. Making me both sad and mad, as the DIS community forum is my escape from real life, lol!
As a side note, I ran malware bytes this morning, and it found the pup.exe virus in that superlucky pop up/redirect, whichever it is.

DIS ADMIN,,PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO STOP IT!

I'm thinking of staying off for a while also. I'm just really tired of having to get out and start over on the site everytime I get a pop up! Can someone suggest another site similar to disboards?

Ugh, just starting getting them again yesterday also. On my tablet and phone. This seems to happen every few months.

They can fix it. They just choose not to.
How do you know this?

What can be done about the pop-ups? Are the site admins unaware or can they not combat it?

DIS ADMIN,,PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO STOP IT!
I found this info elsewhere on the forum:

Whenever you find something on the boards that isn't working, use the "contact us" link at the very bottom of this page to let the webmaster know.

It's my understanding that the mods/admins don't necessarily monitor this forum. Mostly it's people who may have had the same questions answering others. If you have an issue, you need to contact them directly.

Webmaster MJ has contacted them as well as several other moderator type people have contacted them. No response.
How do you know this?

I found this info elsewhere on the forum:

Whenever you find something on the boards that isn't working, use the "contact us" link at the very bottom of this page to let the webmaster know.

It's my understanding that the mods/admins don't necessarily monitor this forum. Mostly it's people who may have had the same questions answering others. If you have an issue, you need to contact them directly.

How do you know this?
As many people have stated throughout the 11 pages of this thread, this problem ONLY occurs on the DIS. That means that every other website out there has figured out how to avoid this problem. Thousands of websites run the same types of ads but don't have this issue so clearly there is something that can be done to prevent it.

As many people have stated throughout the 11 pages of this thread, this problem ONLY occurs on the DIS. That means that every other website out there has figured out how to avoid this problem. Thousands of websites run the same types of ads but don't have this issue so clearly there is something that can be done to prevent it.
I'm not saying it can't be fixed. I'm just questioning whether the right people have been contacted about fixing it.

I also found this:

For technical problems like trouble logging in on the DISboards, email support@wdwinfo.com

For issues or questions needing webmaster attention (questions about rules, non-technical problems, etc), email webmaster@wdwinfo.com

https://www.disboards.com/threads/webmaster.3403349/#post-53540067

I'm not saying it can't be fixed. I'm just questioning whether the right people have been contacted about fixing it.
We're on the Tech Support forum where you're supposed to report issues. This thread is 8 months old. There are several other threads on the same topic. There have been numerous posts to the DIS Facebook pages. Individually many of us have reported this issue directly to members of the team.

They are abundantly aware of the problem.

I was checking this area to see if anyone else is having this issue. Mine is Comcast X-Finity and couldn't navigate this website for a few days. As I'm writing this no issues AT THIS TIME. I also use Chrome.

OK, add me to the list of WHAT THE HECK!
I'm getting it under ALL of the following circumstances:
Laptop running under Windows 7 using Chrome, Firefox & IE
Windows tablet running under Windows 10 using Chrome, Firefox & Microsoft Edge
Samsung phone running under Android 9 using Chrome and Sumsung's version of internet.

This is making it extremely difficult to update the 2 rather detailed threads i maintain. FIX THIS!

I'm getting a lot of happy.superlucky,xyz redirects that takes over the browser, and so far it is only happening when I am accessing the DIS.

Reactions: cm8

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter