Anyone familiar with ADP (payroll)? UPDATE Post #6

KelNottAt

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
DH is self employed. He’s the only person on his company payroll. Recently, he turned over the day to day management of his payroll function to ADP. Going into it, I thought it was a great idea (I thought they have a good reputation). But, nothing has gone right so far. Here’s a rundown:

February: set up account. ADP rep recommends going from payday every-other Friday to once a month, on the 1st of the month in order to reduce fees. OK, fine; no reduction in total annual net.

Wed, March 1: no deposit. DH calls. ADP apologizes and expedites the deposit so it appears on Friday, March 3.

Saturday, April 1. no deposit. Hmmm. We wonder when deposits should occur if the 1st is a Saturday. Friday before, or Monday after? DH calls on Monday, 4/3 and ADP says, “oh, we have you scheduled for every 5th of the month. You’ll get your deposit on April 5.” And, we did.

Friday, May 5: No deposit. WTH? :confused3

So, who has experience with ADP? Is this typical? I mean come on, DH is a small company with ONE employee. How hard can it be to make a deposit and track the taxes?

We’re not ready to give up on them….YET. But, this is ridiculous.

Any thoughts? TIA

Wow. I run a company that has about 24 employees, and we use ADP. We've never had an issue with getting this kind of thing straight. But if they can't get it right for you, there are definitely other companies out there. I used Paychex at another company and they were fine.

I have used ADP with the company I work with for the last 10 years or so and have never had a problem with deposits into the employees accounts. How are you submitting your payroll? I do it over the internet and the deposits are made most times the night before payday.

I do payroll for the company I work for and we use ADP and have never had a problem. I have about 250 employees and about 97% have direct deposit. We get paid bi-weekly and if I check my account balance before going into the office it's usually been deposited. I would definitely be calling ADP and getting this all straightened out.

We have ADP also. They were great for the past 4 years. But since the first of the year it has been a mess. We have 35 employees, and I submit it on line. Weird random stuff is happening.

Employee A has a 401k loan he is repaying from each bi-weekly check, the amount is $74.09 each time. So over the past 3 checks, they didnt take it out the first time, the 2nd time they took $66 and this last time they didnt take it out of his paycheck. Now he is griping to me about having to repay the amounts (if you checked your stud you would see they never took it out, and your salary so why didnt you ask when the amount was higher?)

Then I have $ go to checking and the remainder to savings. Well the whole darn amount went into savings and I didnt do a thing with any of my info, no changes, no suppressions, nothing!

Update:
So, DH just got off the phone with ADP. According to them, DH's deposit is supposed to occur "sometime between the 11th and the 15th." Huh? How can pay day be "sometime between?!?!" :confused3

He let them know in no uncertain terms that his pay is late and he wants it immediately. They said it will be here tomorrow. :badpc:

Next, he said he wants all future deposits on the 1st of the month. The rep said fine, and she set it up that way. I guess we'll have to wait and see. :rolleyes2

If they can't get the deposit right, I shudder to think what they're doing to his taxes. :sad2: We'll look into that soon.

Thanks for the replies.

I am a former Paychex employee (one of ADPs competitors)... If you continue to have problems with ADP, I'd recommend a call to Paychex to see if they can match the price you're paying ADP (or maybe even lower). My old clients used to have similar complaints about ADP and they seemed very happy with Paychex and Paychex's service...

Just my $.02

(BTW - Like I said, I'm a former Paychex employee, so I'm not trying to "sell" you! LOL)

OMG, I can't believe that is happening to you! I used to do small business bookkeepping and run payroll for a couple different companies using QuickBooks. One company had 100+ employees, the other about 20. It's really not hard to do using a program like Quickbooks; just run the program, submit the quarterly reports and once a year handle the year-end items. For as much as ADP is probably charging you (I know when I looked into it for a client it wasn't cheap) I'd be pretty insistant that they get it right or you move your business. Actually, for all the messed up stuff so far I'd ask for a partial credit back. Another option (since you are now only getting paid once a month) is to see if your accountant runs a similar program in house. Again, it might cost you less. Good luck!

We used Paychex for 8 years and just switched to ADP at the first of the year and have had nothing but one headache after the next.

I do payroll for 2 "companies" (the way they are split up). One is small - 16 employees, one is large with multi state employees. I have never had the kind of problems you are having with ADP. I think you need to contact them and make sure that everything is straightened out. I've NEVER been told your paydate is between x & y. It is always a certain day/date. And my direct deposits are always in at midnight the night before the actual payroll date. Is it being processed and sent on time to make the paydate?
Sometimes ya just gotta :badpc:

If your husband has a "rep" assigned and that he has been dealing with, I would suggest either speaking with their supervisor and/or getting a new rep. If he's spoken with different people each time, I have no clue...we used ADP and due to corporate mandate switched over to Ceridian. I'd go back to ADP in a heatbeat! I never had any trouble with them running multiple payrolls frequencies for about 250 employees.

My company uses Ceridian, and as far as I know (I don't work in HR or accounting) they haven't caused any problems. Once they accidently paid us twice, but they took the extra pay back out of our accounts the next day (darn!).

But for just a one person payroll, wouldn't it be easier (and cheaper) just to do it yourself? I wouldn't think it would be that difficult or time consuming.

*Wish*Upon*A*Star* said:
I am a former Paychex employee (one of ADPs competitors)... If you continue to have problems with ADP, I'd recommend a call to Paychex to see if they can match the price you're paying ADP (or maybe even lower). My old clients used to have similar complaints about ADP and they seemed very happy with Paychex and Paychex's service...

Just my $.02

(BTW - Like I said, I'm a former Paychex employee, so I'm not trying to "sell" you! LOL)

Another former Paychex employee here. I had the same complaints about ADT filtering up from the branches throughout the US. I'd recommend giving Paychex a shot if ADP can't handle things. It's not that complicated. :)

Spouse's company uses for their 150+ employee's and far over 2 yrs...no glitches...directly deposited into our accounts and always on time. We enjoy the simplicity that the $$$ is deposited for us and always right where we can get it. Maybe your spouse should talk with someone at ADP and explain his problems. Good luck...

:cool1: ANOTHER former Paychex employee here! :wave: I also would recommend Paychex. :cheer2: No company is perfect, however I think out of all of the payroll companies out there, Paychex does seem to be the best for small businesses. Make sure you use their taxpay service and you should be able to set your payroll up to "automatically" run once a month.

I work for several companies (freelance) that use Paychex and in general there are very few problems.

Good Luck!

I switched our payroll system over to Sure Payroll back in January 2004. No problems since then. Prior to that we had Paychex but their fees got too high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!