Anyone ever use points for Club Intrawest Tremblant? How do these exchanges work?

deej696

They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime,
I'm exploring options for a trip in January and was thinking we might want to do a ski vacation. Has anyone ever exchanged for Club Intrawest Tremblant in Quebec? We are thinking of going in January, how exactly does this work? Does one of their owners have to want a DVC trade, or is it so long as a room is available we get to book it? We can book at 7 months, but if its a trade sort of deal I'm not sure I want to chance that one.

Also any feedback on this resort would be much appreciated:thumbsup2

I'm exploring options for a trip in January and was thinking we might want to do a ski vacation. Has anyone ever exchanged for Club Intrawest Tremblant in Quebec? We are thinking of going in January, how exactly does this work? Does one of their owners have to want a DVC trade, or is it so long as a room is available we get to book it? We can book at 7 months, but if its a trade sort of deal I'm not sure I want to chance that one.

Also any feedback on this resort would be much appreciated:thumbsup2
I haven't seen the resort but the reviews I've seen in the past have been positive. From DVC's website
Club Intrawest
Club Intrawest offers destinations in Canada, Mexico and the United States. Relax on a Florida beach, ski in the Canadian mountains or enjoy golf and natural splendors in a California desert resort.
Length of stay:1 night or longer, subject to availability
Booking Window: 6 or more nights can be reserved from 7 months to 7 days before check-in date 5 or less nights can be reserved from 4 months to 7 days before check-in date

I guess the main point I'm looking to clarify is what does "based on availability" mean. Does it mean "so long as the resort has a room" or "so long as a Club Intrawest owner wants to trade for DVC." We've been in DVC for 2 years and I've never considered using my points outside of DVC, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

I guess the main point I'm looking to clarify is what does "based on availability" mean. Does it mean "so long as the resort has a room" or "so long as a Club Intrawest owner wants to trade for DVC." We've been in DVC for 2 years and I've never considered using my points outside of DVC, so sorry if this is a dumb question.
You'd have to ask DVC AND CI to be sure but I think it has essentially the same meaning as the term would for any DVC member. My understanding is that they allow limited reservations back and forth trying to keep them in balance. Think of it from the other side. If a CI member wanted to schedule, they could schedule DVC as a direct points reservation before the 7 month window opened and BEFORE CI gave DVC anything in return.

the resort is not in the ped village you will have to drive or maybe they have a shuttle, we didn't stay at the resort but went there for some activities...its nice looking but sorta out of the way

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter