• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone else surprised?

crabbygal902

after a lapu lapu, I'm not so crabby anymore
Until I used this new online system, I had always assumed that availability for all ADRs went FAST :moped: and you better grab what you can at the very first moment possible.

Now that I can see all available restaurants for a particular time period on the new system, there seems to be a whole lot of choices open, even for peak attendance times.

Just for fun, I put in July 4th and Thanksgiving, 7:00, table for 10...and 35 & 42 choices popped up! Of course, Le Cellier wasn't one of them :laughing: but there were other desirable choices available ---Jiko, Boma, etc. I even tried the Friday of Labor Day weekend (during free dining) and got 51 possibilities.

I certainly understand that you need to be making those ADRs ASAP for a popular restaurant at a very particular time, but it seems if you are willing to be flexible...there won't be a problem.

I guess I won't stress out so much over ADRs anymore! :cool1:

Excellent point! I love the new system and how it shows all the choices. I only booked a couple for our October trup, but was able to get my first choices at my preferred times.

Thanks for sharing :thumbsup2

The new system is sooooooo much better. I am glad that it actually gives me other time options when I chose a specific resturant. I have been able to get all of our desired places for our January trip. Just for laughs I put in Le Cellier and was able to get tables everyday of our trip for just around any time that I wanted.

I can't wait for January to get here!!!:cool1:

I called in, because the computer I am at wouldn't let me access the site and I was surprised at the availability for Christmas morning at the MK. I was able to get CP at 8:15am no problem at all.

I need to check out the new system when I get home and see what else I can book.

Suzanne

I love the new system! I wish it was in place the morning I had to make ADR's.... I had to change one of our ressies because I made it for a MNSSHP night at MK (before dates were announced) and since we weren't going to that party, we decided to just pick something else. Anyway, so I put in our time and a bunch of stuff comes up...well, there's Flying Fish. I never have been there nor did I know anything about it. So I read about it, found a menu and BOOKED IT !! I'm sooooo excited that we're going to try this now. If it weren't for the new system, I would never have known.

I also love how it tells you that you have another ressie, would you like to cancel. that helped and saved some time also. IMO, well done Disney! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter