Anyone else over buying for the trip?

kam24 said:
Ever since we booked our trip I see everything Disney! :cool1: I can't help but buy it. :teeth: Wish I could get DH to wear matching shirts!!

Have you shown him the new ones on Disneyshopping.com?
Mine arrived a few days ago. They look great!!

I've been buying since around January for our June trip. I made out a master list of all toiletries, food, swim stuff, themes for clothes (safari for AK day, Princess for our PSB breakfast. I have everything for the kids, clothes hairbows , shoes, all the toletries, but bery little clothes wise for DH and myself. I'm also trying pretty unsuccessfully to lose weight, so I don't want to buy alot until I see what size I'm in. And DH works outside and manges to ruin almost ALL the clothes I buy him, so Im waiting until the last minute minute to get his. I bought alot of Disney stuff for the girls Easter basket, and I also bought crayons, notebookes, pencils, coloring books and a small tote bag for ewach full of travel stuff as a surprise the morning of our trip.
And almost all of it was bought just for the trip. Now, I do buy off the clearance rack and at the consignment store so the actual cost really wasn't that bad. But to me, you want the kids to waer nice comfortable matching clothes and if you don't put them up, they'll be destroyed long before yuor trip. Besides, it's not really a vacation if you don't have cool new stuff to take with you ! :goodvibes

Last year I bought white shirts for everyone (tshirts for the guys) and those tank things for the girls... I bought the iron on transfer sheets that go in your printer and typed on the computer (in funky font) Grumpy, doc, etc.. whoever fit the dwarfs personality... and ironed them on... we wore them to the MK.. and had AlOT of people asking where we got them.... I could fit all the names on 2 sheets of the transfer.. Only paid a couple of bucks for the shirts each at Walmart. :wizard:

I love your t-shirt idea. I can never find exactly what I want. However, for someone who's never done something like that before, can you explain (as if I'm about 3 years old) how to do this? I'd love to put some shirts together for all of us.

THanks!

Just new luggage with Mickey Mouse on it... LOL (3 piece set)

RE making t-shirt transfers - I have a bunch of t-shirt images you can view if you're interested. Just click on my trip ticker.

daisyduck123 said:
Have you shown him the new ones on Disneyshopping.com?
Mine arrived a few days ago. They look great!!

I'll have to check them out!! :)

katied said:
I love your t-shirt idea. I can never find exactly what I want. However, for someone who's never done something like that before, can you explain (as if I'm about 3 years old) how to do this? I'd love to put some shirts together for all of us.

THanks!

1. Purchase clothing you want to use the iron on transfer. (usually the lighter colors work better..) I used White.
2. Walmart sells iron on t-shirt transfers. It comes 6 sheets in a package. Mine is Avery #3271. They may sell 2 kinds, one for light fabrics, one for dark.
3. Wash & dry clothing before using.
4.Type into computer (I use word) what you want, and you can adjust the font & sizes..play around until you see what you like & try printing it on regular paper 1st and cut out. (You don't have to cut specifically around each letter. If you use the word Grumpy cut out the entire word).
5. Lay ontop of item of clothing to make sure you are happy with the size, color, etc. (I put ours on the Left upper chest)
6. Iron it on
**Directions are on the back of the package.
Depending how many you make & how big the font, and if you stagger them you maybe able to get 6?? on one sheet?

I did Grumpy, Dopey, Sleepy, & Doc. (total cost @ $20 for 4) :cheer2:

You can always private message me and I can help you out!

ksumn1 said:
I've been buying since around January for our June trip. I made out a master list of all toiletries, food, swim stuff, themes for clothes (safari for AK day, Princess for our PSB breakfast. I have everything for the kids, clothes hairbows , shoes, all the toletries, but bery little clothes wise for DH and myself. I'm also trying pretty unsuccessfully to lose weight, so I don't want to buy alot until I see what size I'm in. And DH works outside and manges to ruin almost ALL the clothes I buy him, so Im waiting until the last minute minute to get his. I bought alot of Disney stuff for the girls Easter basket, and I also bought crayons, notebookes, pencils, coloring books and a small tote bag for ewach full of travel stuff as a surprise the morning of our trip.
And almost all of it was bought just for the trip. Now, I do buy off the clearance rack and at the consignment store so the actual cost really wasn't that bad. But to me, you want the kids to waer nice comfortable matching clothes and if you don't put them up, they'll be destroyed long before yuor trip. Besides, it's not really a vacation if you don't have cool new stuff to take with you ! :goodvibes

You and I share the same problem, project future weight loss, it's difficult to say the least. I tried on some things yesterday and while they are tight now I think they'll be fine in a couple of months.

TravelinGal said:
Just new luggage with Mickey Mouse on it... LOL (3 piece set)

RE making t-shirt transfers - I have a bunch of t-shirt images you can view if you're interested. Just click on my trip ticker.

I like your images a lot! Would you mind if I used some of them? I wanted to know if you can help me edit them a bit because I love your birthday ones and the names are different (obviously) and I also like some of the others but they are tagged. I appreciate the help!

XxStaceFacexX said:
I like your images a lot! Would you mind if I used some of them? I wanted to know if you can help me edit them a bit because I love your birthday ones and the names are different (obviously) and I also like some of the others but they are tagged. I appreciate the help!

It's my pleasure to share them (and edit wording when wanted). ANY text can be edited or added. Just send me a PM with what you want and what e-mail address you'd like it sent to! :sunny: Some can even have your DC added in (like the princess birthday one or the Toy Story one)

Robin

WOW- these are awesome! Do you mind if I use a few of them also? I would love to make some shirts for our trip in September. We have 13 in our group (family gathering). It would be cool to have some matching shirts.
thanks!

TravelinGal said:
It's my pleasure to share them (and edit wording when wanted). ANY text can be edited or added. Just send me a PM with what you want and what e-mail address you'd like it sent to! :sunny: Some can even have your DC added in (like the princess birthday one or the Toy Story one)

Robin

You've made my day!! I want a few different ones if that's alright. Do you have AOL or Aim? I think it might be easier for me to talk on there and email the pictures etc, My Aol sn is XxStaceFacexX..another thing, I am new so I dont know what DC is..lol sorry! :wizard:

figmentfan704 said:
WOW- these are awesome! Do you mind if I use a few of them also? I would love to make some shirts for our trip in September. We have 13 in our group (family gathering). It would be cool to have some matching shirts.
thanks!

Anyone that's interested in my t-shirt designs is welcome to use them. The ones you can see online are smaller than the "real" image. Of course, the full size images also do not have my "watermark" on them. Just send me a PM with your e-mail address and what image(s) you want.

My little way of sharing the Magic. ;)

Disney Crazy Debbie said:
The "over-the-door" thing is an over-the-door shoe organizer. It was a suggestion on this site that you use it for toiletries, WDW schedules, whatever fits in it and you just hang it over the door. It would work well in most of the rooms because the bathrooms usually only have a shelf or whatever to store all that you need. Plus you can keep first aid items like band-aids, first aid cream, foot fixes, things for blisters, etc. It sounded great for organization so I bought mine through Disneyshopping.com but you can get them cheaper at dollar stores, etc. I plan on using mine once I get home.
I used this last year for 9 days. WOW, it was great!!!! I think it had 20 pockets, room for everything from lotion to band-aids. I have already purchased another for our trip in August.

I get them at the dollar store for well, $1. :) :) :) :) :) :)

I overbuy, but what can I say. Love to find good clearance sales at the Disneystore, while we don't do the matching shirts we try to wear mostly disney stuff. Our walmart sells for the little kids, but that is about it...I wish I could find more Disney stuff there.
We are trying something new this year. We couldn't afford new luggage so my mil started buying appliques(sp) at hobby lobby and putting them on our luggage. They have all different characters, and only run 2-3 dollars a piece.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter