anyone else hoping to go in July 2022?

We are booked for 14 days which will feel weird as we usually do 19-21 but hubby is holiday constrained at work.

any international travel at all is going to feel good....or not? will we all feel weird? or like we've never stopped flying?
it will be interesting..

any international travel at all is going to feel good....or not? will we all feel weird? or like we've never stopped flying?
it will be interesting..
It's a pain.
I've just come back to the UK from 2 weeks in Gran Canaria.
Getting the all the documentation together to go there (Spain basically) is a hassle, even though it was just fully vacced me.
Wearing masks all through the airports and flights isn't fun (only a 4 hr flight) - I've never made meals and drinks last so long :)
And then a couple of days before coming back you have start doing the docs and booking tests to get back into the UK. (Today's changes to the testing from PCR to LF is fractional - maybe £15-£20 cheaper but the pre-booking, etc, is the same hassle.) Took me a couple of hours, and having no printer you need to make sure you have it all available on your mobile - because despite jumping through these hoops before they will let you do online check-in and issue your boarding pass, you will still get asked to show them at the airport. :mad:

It's probably going to be a drag on your holiday, so do manage your expectations.

The one bit that is still "like we've never stopped flying" is airport security - "Just put everything except your underwear in this plastic tray please" :rolleyes:

It's a pain.
I've just come back to the UK from 2 weeks in Gran Canaria.
Getting the all the documentation together to go there (Spain basically) is a hassle, even though it was just fully vacced me.
Wearing masks all through the airports and flights isn't fun (only a 4 hr flight) - I've never made meals and drinks last so long :)
And then a couple of days before coming back you have start doing the docs and booking tests to get back into the UK. (Today's changes to the testing from PCR to LF is fractional - maybe £15-£20 cheaper but the pre-booking, etc, is the same hassle.) Took me a couple of hours, and having no printer you need to make sure you have it all available on your mobile - because despite jumping through these hoops before they will let you do online check-in and issue your boarding pass, you will still get asked to show them at the airport. :mad:

It's probably going to be a drag on your holiday, so do manage your expectations.

The one bit that is still "like we've never stopped flying" is airport security - "Just put everything except your underwear in this plastic tray please" :rolleyes:

hilarious!!

i worry about all the tests we'll have to take along the way...
not the taking of the test, but the possibility of a false positive or even just the mechanics of how to get them done, where to get them done..

we're going on a cruise at the end, so that means all of the tests related to that cruise ...
and then another test before the flight...
i don't even know where you do that at disney...
and my daughter and son in law are going on a second cruise after all of us go on the short one..
so she'll need more tests for that cruise plus for the flight back.....
plus her second cruise is to alaska, so that means crossing into canada, which is also complicated, with even more tests and documentation ...

it's going to be a lot of stress all around...

Last edited:
You can book your 2-day return test before you leave the UK, especially as it can be non-supervised at home. One less thing to do when you’re abroad. But I take your point.

Some months back I made a note about Advent Health who I think are/were Disney's health provider for covid stuff. Have a Google on them maybe, though I expect there is something buried in the depths of the Disney help pages.

i just googled "where to be tested for covid at disney world and got the following"

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...id-testing-location-visiting-wdw-next-467130/
"there are several testing sites that are easily accessible via ride share from the Walt Disney World Resort property. For free tests, you can try one of the CVS locations. A Google search showed two CVS stores not far from Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, and another near Disney Springs. They may require an appointment, so I recommend going to the CVS website and contacting one of those stores to find out the best way to schedule your children's tests.

Since most of the Walt Disney World Resort is in Osceola County, you can also try one of the county's testing sites. You'll find a list of them by putting this address in your web browser: osceola.org/covid19testing/.

There's also COVID testing available at the two AdventHealth Centra Care facilities near Walt Disney World, but those do have a cost. Since they're the official healthcare provider of the Walt Disney World Resort, you can call the AdventHealth number listed here on the the Walt Disney World website to find out what options they may be able to provide for your family."

Why do you need a test before you fly home? Just curious.

currently you do - to get on the airplane.
I don't know about the UK, but to Israel you need a test to get on the airplane
and inside the US, you need tests to fly to some domestic destinations.
For example, if you were to fly from orlando to hawaii, you would need to test before you could get on the airplane.
I think to fly to alaska from the lower 48 you need to test.
the rules are different for different destinations and different airlines.
And to make matters worse, the rules seem to change daily.
So what's true today, won't necessarily be true next week and certainly not next year.

What is true, it's the traveler's responsibility to keep up to date on whatever the requirements are at the time of their trip.

Actually one more problem curious to israel.
There are people who have left the country on one set of rules that then change while they're away and it blocks them from coming back.
It's your basic travel nightmare.
I don't think that's been the case for the UK, but then again, the UK hasn't been permitted into the US during these fun times, so who knows.

What is true, it's the traveler's responsibility to keep up to date on whatever the requirements are at the time of their trip.
Absolutely. It comes under the general heading of "Ignorance of the law is no defence".

In the same vein check carefully about the test requirements. Eg, coming back to the UK (for vaccinated people) now only requires a day 2 lateral flow test, so as I have some at home I might think "Oh, that's easy then".
Nope - we still have to book and pay, before flying back, for a kit to be sent to our home because that generates a reference number. No reference, no fly.

Actually one more problem curious to israel.
There are people who have left the country on one set of rules that then change while they're away and it blocks them from coming back.
It's your basic travel nightmare.
I don't think that's been the case for the UK, but then again, the UK hasn't been permitted into the US during these fun times, so who knows.
Oh, we had similar a while back when our traffic light list of foreign countries changed almost as fast as real traffic lights. Lots of people who'd gone abroad expecting to come home and return to work, etc, were suddenly faced with a couple of weeks quarantine. Many cut short their holidays... if they could get a flight. There was a lot of whingeing about it, but if they'd been half-awake they'd have realised that it was a very real risk.

Oh, we had similar a while back when our traffic light list of foreign countries changed almost as fast as real traffic lights. Lots of people who'd gone abroad expecting to come home and return to work, etc, were suddenly faced with a couple of weeks quarantine. Many cut short their holidays... if they could get a flight. There was a lot of whingeing about it, but if they'd been half-awake they'd have realised that it was a very real risk.

my nephew in the states is dying to come visit us.
And he's almost pulled the trigger about 10 times, but he's worried he'll get stuck here, unable to fly back.
His work is an issue, but an even bigger problem is the infusion he needs every 7 weeks.
How would he manage to get it here if he got stuck?
Impossible.
It's not just the prescription, it costs $7,000 out of pocket. Not something you want to be stuck with and it's unlikely travel insurance would cover a preexisting condition.
So he's stayed put.
He wants to visit his grandmother (my mother), who now lives here (since my sister died, i brought my mom here to us).
Lots of fun during corona times.
I told him no matter how much he wants to visit, it's too much of a risk that he'll get stuck.
He's afraid she'll die before he visits, but what can you do. It's happened to lots of families.

Last edited:
We just booked our August 2022 holiday to WDW. I share others' concerns around contracting Covid before I fly so I intend to self isolate for 2 weeks on the run up. We can do this as we break up from school in July. I'll test every day for a week before that but there is no way I'm missing my holiday unless regulation change.

We just booked our August 2022 holiday to WDW. I share others' concerns around contracting Covid before I fly so I intend to self isolate for 2 weeks on the run up. We can do this as we break up from school in July. I'll test every day for a week before that but there is no way I'm missing my holiday unless regulation change.

i won't isolate, but i'm sure we'll be extra extra extra careful!!!
seems like forever since we've been there.
My best friend from university lives in Virginia and goes so often, i can't help but be jealous.
She was just there in September and will be going again soon before her DVC points from this year expire.
She usually goes several times a year. Of course, only for a week at a time, but it sure is nice to be able to just pop down like that!!

We are booked for July but this time just a family visit and no parks. My daughter isn’t a cast member any longer which makes me sad. They were laid off so long due to Covid she had to find another job. Can’t wait to go back though even if the only dis we get is meals And Dis Springs.

well July is getting closer.
I have to buy tickets soon so that we can make park reservations.
Another layer of stress that disney has added to make this trip incredibly daunting for me.

well July is getting closer.
I have to buy tickets soon so that we can make park reservations.
Another layer of stress that disney has added to make this trip incredibly daunting for me.
Us too we are headed out July 22- Aug 20 th. And struggling with tickets.staying at BWV We need the old 21 day tickets but will have to buy the 14 days. Does anyone know the answer to —- if we chose our start date —- say July 25 th —-now but decide to change it Can we ?

Us too we are headed out July 22- Aug 20 th. And struggling with tickets.staying at BWV We need the old 21 day tickets but will have to buy the 14 days. Does anyone know the answer to —- if we chose our start date —- say July 25 th —-now but decide to change it Can we ?

i tried to call yesterday to ask this very question but the phone wait was over 2 hours.
I'll try again today.
I'm wondering whether i can buy the 14 day ticket now and if the 21 day or AP becomes available whether i can upgrade it.
stress stress stress :oops:

in the small print on the bottom of the ticket purchase page it says that if you're only buying UK tickets (not the rest of the package) you can change dates and pay any difference if the new days are more expensive.
It says this is true for the 14 day ticket valid up to december 31 2022. I think that was the date. I read it yesterday. i can't access it on this computer. I can check it again later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter