Anyone else have a goal to stay at every resort?

I had looked at possibly doing a different hotel every day on our next 9 night stay in March but doubt I will do that. I could tick off every resort but RIV (unless we get a direct contract before then).

I have a feeling over the years it will just happen. I had OKW scheduled last September but with Dorian incoming we switch the first nights of our trip to AKV where we were staying the final 7 nights.

Yup. I feel like we've done a lot but not really lol

Done:
All Star Movies
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs (regular & Gran Destino)
Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani
Boardwalk Villas
Beach Club Villas
Saratoga Springs

Staying later this year:
Old Key West
Riviera

Still Need:
Poly
Yacht Club
Grand Floridian
Contemporary/Bay Lake
Wilderness Lodge/Copper Creek/Boulder Ridge
AKL Jambo House
Pop
AOA
All Star Music and Sports

I would love to stay at all the resorts. We are moving slowly because we somehow ended up taking a few years in-between trips.
We don’t really like traveling with babies but now the kids are 5 and 3 so hopefully we will go every year.

We have stayed at most of the deluxes but only Pop and Riverside for nondeluxe.
We just bought our first small dvc contract so we will probably stay 2 days in a value/moderate before switching to a dvc room.
I don’t really count the off site properties but do plan on going to Aulani at least once.

So far we've stayed at: VGC (home), Aul, OKW, BLT, AKV, BWV, BCV, SSR, PVB. Not bad for 4 trips to WDW.

Don't see my family ever getting to HHI or VB due to location, but it would be lovely to finish off the WDW DVCs over the next decade. I do want to experience the Grand Floridian at some point, I might schedule a night at Riv since I like the style and I enjoyed the Skyliner this last trip, despite it being down more often than not when we wanted to take it somewhere. Odds are good I won't get to the WL resorts though, the theming is so similar to VGC I'd probably feel cheated about not having an entrance to a park steps from my villa (and MK is our least favorite Florida park since it feels like DL where you have to walk twice as far).

The other Disney Grand Slams will take me longer to achieve since they're harder on the budget, but are higher on my list: all 4 DCL ships, and the international parks. Was supposed to go to Disneyland Paris for my milestone birthday this winter to start my Grand Slam, but clearly that's not going to happen. Oh well. Maybe the next decade milestone I'll try to hit TDL/HKDL/SDL.

Interesting question! No, because where I stay matters, in other words, the theming, amenities and location are important to my family. I have three home resorts, AKV, PVB and newly added-on Riviera. I've stayed at BCV and love it but don't own there. I also stayed at SSR once years ago when I was given a free week for purchasing AKV. It was generally ok, but I didn't like how spread out the resort was or the theming. The only other WDW-based properties I might be interested are Copper Creek (for a cabin stay), GF for a girls-only trip and that's about it. I'm extremely happy with my home resorts.

My primary goal is to stay at all the resorts, and then do all the theme parks. I did have the goal of staying in all the room types, but Here with the Ears did it on YouTube and it looked exhausting. Now I'm not as interested.

Hmm, I have stayed at all the resorts with the exception of GF. I never see any availability there. I have not stayed at CCV either, but I own and stay at BRV and kind of consider that the same.

I would like to stay at all (or most) of the DVC resorts someday, but not all of the Disney resorts. We bought into the DVC to stay on-site with deluxe accommodations... and to never pay cash for a reservation while we’re there 😉

So far, I’ve been to AK-Jambo, BLT, Poly, VGF, and RIV. 🤩 Sadly, I had a split-stay planned for SSR & BWV during the closure 😔... however, I’ve got a stay at BCV (& RIV) coming up in Oct/Nov that I’m pretty excited for 😁🎉

Like @Castillo Mom, we buy where we love and tend to stay there. I say I want to branch out & try other places, but when it comes to booking time... I have a hard time actually doing it! Plus, if I bring friends/family (which I usually do)- they want to be as close to the parks as possible (or overlooking the savanna)-which also keeps me from staying elsewhere. I’m just thankful to be in Disney, so it’s all good 😏

Last edited:
I definitely have a goal of visiting all of the international parks, though!! & Tokyo is at the top of my list! My sister and I are currently scheming ways to get it done 😆

I would like to stay at all (or most) of the DVC resorts someday, but not all of the Disney resorts. We bought into the DVC to stay on-site with deluxe accommodations... and to never pay cash for a reservation while we’re there 😉

So far, I’ve been to AK-Jambo, BLT, Poly, VGF, and RIV. 🤩 Sadly, I had a split-stay planned for SSR & BWV during the closure 😔... however, I’ve got a stay at BCV (& RIV) coming up in Oct/Nov that I’m pretty excited for 😁🎉

Like @Castillo Mom, we buy where we love and tend to stay there. I say I want to branch out & try other places, but when it comes to booking time... I have a hard time actually doing it! Plus, if I bring friends/family (which I usually do)- they want to be as close to the parks as possible (or overlooking the savanna)-which also keeps me from staying elsewhere. I’m just thankful to be in Disney, so it’s all good 😏

Yes, I see what you mean. As particular as I sound, if I had no choice but to stay somewhere I’m not too fond of, I’d actually be fine because I’d just be happy to have the opportunity to be in WDW!😊

I hear you there! We managed to tackle most of the resorts because we traveled a lot to Disney BEFORE we joined DVC, and we did all the Values and Moderates because that was what we could afford -- and we decided we'd resort hop among them in the early trips to decide which we loved best. (But while I can say, for example, that we've done all 3 All Stars, Pop Century, and Art of Animation, we haven't stayed in all the different themed areas, however!). Now that we own at DVC, DVC is where we want to stay -- and of course we have different home resorts because we have resorts we just love (BRV, CCV, AKL), and we tend to stay at those the most. AKL in particular is probably the resort we've stayed at the most. Those animals to us are a big draw!

I think that's part of the challenge for us. We like to experience new things, but we visit Disney because it feels like "home" and that does mean wanting to stay at our favorite places that make evoke that sense of being home. :)

I definitely have a goal of visiting all of the international parks, though!! & Tokyo is at the top of my list! My sister and I are currently scheming ways to get it done 😆
Oh, definitely scheme to get there! It is so worth it! WDW may be my first love, but DisneySea is my favorite. That park is just *amazing* in its rides and attention to detail, and the Disneyland Hotel and Hotel Miracosta are fantastic. My son was supposed to study in Japan this summer for a high school abroad program and I was going to join him out there for a Mother/Son trip -- and I was going out two days early so I could do Tokyo Disney again (as he didn't want to do it). Fingers crossed his program happens this summer!

We have been members for about 3 years now we have stayed at SSR, OKW, BWV, AKV, PVB, BLT and VGF. We will probably never go VGC or AUL. We may hit HHI or VB someday for a quick stay. So we have BCV, BRV, CCV and RIV left to do.

We have stayed at all of the WDW DVC resorts except OKW, BC, and Riviera. Planning on trying to get OKW next spring. Liked AKV, CC, BR, SSR (our "home"). Loved BW, Poly, GF, BLT.
We also spent 2 nights at Grand Californian on cash. But never Aulani,HHI or Vero, or overseas.
Besides DVC we have been to the "regular" Contemporary, Poly, and YC. DH spent one night each at the All Stars and Pop when he was dropping our daughter off for her CP and then picking her up. He says I wouldn't like them, LOL. His favorite is Poly studio villa for sure.

YES! We were going to get to scratch BCV and CCR off our lists this May/June before the closures.....now not sure when we'll get to those. Our home is BWV, and we love staying there for location. So we've done VBR, SSR, OKW, BWV, Poly, AKV-Kidani, and BLT. Plus in the past, Contemporary, All Stars Music, All Stars Movies, Pop, Port Orleans Riverside, and Coronado.
We are very much still into convenience, so as much as we want to try other places, often we go back to resorts that have the option to walk to parks.
But do very much want to try the rest of the DVC resorts at some point. If we EVER get to Hawaii, would love to do Aulani, but that's way down the road. We counted up our BWV stays, and it's 8, with another coming up in Oct, so home sweet home.

We've done all but RIV, HHI, & VB. All post reno (for older resorts) except SSR, which we booked to check it out in Feb and hope to get a refurbed room- along with RIV- so we'll be caught up. Its funny tho, the ones I was looking at purchasing sight unseen turned out to be my least favorites (BLT & AKL) but they all have their charms and I'd stay at any of them any time!

We only stay dvc since becoming members. I don’t think we will get to staying at every dvc resort. Riviera is too point hungry, so it’s off our list. We would need a two bedroom at Copper Creek, so it isn’t a first choice. Might stay in a cabin some day. Haven’t stayed at
Beach Club yet, but not opposed to it. So far we’ve stayed at AKV, OKW, SSR, BLT, VB,BWV, BRV, GFV. AK, SSR, BWV and OKW are our favourites.

That was, and sort of still is, a goal. But after a stay at Jambo in a room that was pretty beat up, we're going to stick to new/newly renovated resorts. I know they'll all cycle through at some point and we have 40+ years, so I'm not in a hurry. Also, we just love Wilderness Lodge in general, so CC always seems to call us back. My plan now is to try another resort every other trip.

I have no desire to stay at the all-stars, and I am unlikely to ever stay at Coronado or AoA, so it seems unlikely I will ever stay at all resorts. I do want to stay at all DVC resorts!

So for overall resort
Done: Pop, CBR, POFQ, Poly, WLV, BCV, BWV, SSR, AKV,
Not Done: All-Stars (All 3), AoA, POR, CSR, BLT/Contemp, VGF, Riviera, CCV, OKW

We have upcoming stays at BLT and CCV (if you consider that different from Boulder Ridge).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter