Anyone else do a big house cleaning before they leave?

logansmummy said:
I do all our laundry before we come home, except what we have on.

WOW!!!! I would never do that.....it is MY vacation too. I guess if you have the time and desire it is a good idea!

We are probably extreme...we wont even go to the park or to the store without our house being fairly clean...but yes, it will be spotless before WDW. And I may not do all of the laundry before we come home, but most of it will be done the night before the last day in the parks. I hate doing laundry for days after we get home!

You are not alone!! I clean like a madwoman for days before we leave. I do everything. Dust, wash sheets, vacuum, etc. There is nothing like coming home to a nice clean house after being away.;)

Oh, so that's what it's called OCD Cleaning--:scared1: :lmao: LOL :lmao: - now I can tell my husband that I'm not alone. :rotfl2:

We don't leave until the 29th and this past weekend I started cleaning. Not only did I start putting stuff out to pack but I cleaned as I went along. In fact, my DH wanted to invite some folks over for dinner and I vetoed the idea, all the stuff we're packing is on top of the dining room table :rotfl: I wasn't going to move all that stuff and move it back again, what a pain in the butt! :goodvibes I'd really like to get my winter stuff put away before we leave, but our weather (Maine) is still a bit chilly in the mornings. But I've got piles of winter clothes all cleaned and ready to go into summer storage.:banana:

I have noticed my DH working in the yard a bit more to get stuff done before we go, black fly season (Maine's state bird) will be in full swing by the time we get back and that really puts a damper on yard work. :eek:

OCD Cleaning.........I like it! Best part, clean house and neat and tidy yard when we get back. :woohoo:

WOW!!!! I would never do that.....it is MY vacation too. I guess if you have the time and desire it is a good idea!

Honestly, it is no big deal to me, we are at the pool anyway? So I have my glass of wine, get a tan get the laundry done....the hubby takes it back to the room. Whoo hooo, win win situation. It is so worth it, for the return home. I can just chill my first day back home, this year we come back home night before Mother's day, so all my stuff will be done except Grocery shopping.

Before I stopped working full time, I had a housecleaner twice a month.

So, I'd leave the place rather a wreck in our frenzy to get out of Dodge, then I'd come home to a spotless house after our trip.

It was great!

Add me to the OCD list :rotfl:

I turn into a mad lady the night before we leave:scared1:

I make everyone clean up and tell them we can't go
until the house is clean. :laundy:

I have no idea why :confused3 I just have too...:rolleyes1

Count me in!!! I don't know why but I have to come home to a clean house especially the bedsheets.:confused3
DH and I just decided the carpeting has to be cleaned before we go!!!:rotfl2:

We do a thorough cleaning before we leave too. Sure, we're busy and things are hectic right before we leave, but now it's just part of the routine. It feels so much better coming home to a clean house. Kind of extends the vacation feel of not having to really do any housework.

I hate coming home to a messy house too, it is nice to not have that stress when you return from a vacation so you can relax before you get back to the real world. So I must be ocd too!

That is so funny - I hate coming home to a messy house too! I always have to make sure the house is spotless before we leave. I blame it on my mom - she always made us clean before we went on vacation as kids. :)

Same here! I love coming home to a nice clean house so we can just relax and maybe get out vacation laundry done. :thumbsup2

Honestly, it is no big deal to me, we are at the pool anyway? So I have my glass of wine, get a tan get the laundry done....the hubby takes it back to the room. Whoo hooo, win win situation. It is so worth it, for the return home. I can just chill my first day back home, this year we come back home night before Mother's day, so all my stuff will be done except Grocery shopping.

Actually when we stayed at PC for our honeymoon, I did the same thing. We were at the pool, resting and relaxing while we did the wash and dry thing. We only did it once in the middle of our trip, so I did have some laundry when we got home but not bad.

I always, always, always do a huge cleaning before we go on a big trip- and I also have DH fix anything around the house that has been 'waiting' to be fixed. I'll start the month of the trip and pick up momentum as the day to leave gets closer and closer... Good to see I'm not the only one!

I always try to clean before- I do sheets, vacuum, laundry, dishes, floors, bathrooms. I used to be very OCD about it, but lately I've become a little more lax- I don't necessarily dust. :lmao:

Even if I clean before, I still come home to lots of hair balls and dirty carpets (see cat situation below). Before I had all of my cats, my cleanings actually lasted. But at least all I have to do when I come home is vacuum!

It's a nice feeling!

Yes! Now I can tell my husband I'm not the only one who does this. My reasoning is twofold: 1. It's so nice to come home to a clean place! 2. I'm a worrier and I would hate for my poor sister and mom to have to go through our messy house if something were to happen to us.

OT - Hi, Javamommy! I just noticed you're from Omaha! I'm in Lincoln. I never see anyone on these boards from Nebraska. (Or maybe they just don't admit it?) ;)

I too do this. I HATE to come home to a messy house. I mean im not on my hands & knees scrubing floors on the last day home but will do a big clean a few days before and do light maintenance daily to keep it nice & neat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter