Anyone else contacted by realtors to sell?

doubletroublemom

Mouseketeer
In the past month, we've received 2 mailings and one phone call from realtors saying that there is a high demand for our timeshare and are we willing to sell or rent. I find this hard to believe because there are many BWV resales currently available. Am I missing something? We just bought a BWV resale back in March.:confused: Thanks.

Probably companies who want to "list" your timeshare and want an upfront fee to do so. DO NOT EVER PAY AN UPFRONT FEE, no matter how enticing the spiel is. They will probmise you more than you are asking and then take the money you sent them ($499 or so) and run.

We just got one yesterday from the same company that has called and also sent us many mailings. They are from Monroe TX. Junk Mail!!

I'll bet it's Conroe, TX, home of Stroman Realty. It's gotten to the point where I recognize their stuff. When I see an envelope from Conroe it goes right into the garbage.

I have been getting that kind of stuff for years since we bought at BWV. It has just been more frequent in the last year or so. It joins its other junk mail brothers in the out box.

I got a call from someone from RCI. But she obviously didn't understand DVC. She wantd to know if I wanted sell my "week" at Disney. I said no. Then she asked if I was going to use my "week". I told her in 12 days I was going to WDW for 10 days then in March I'm going again! She just said WOW. and hung up.

I get a call or junk mail at least twice a month from some real estate companies wanted to list or buy my contract. Strohman is a common one.

Ed
DVC 1994

Wow. I've never heard of this. I'm sure glad they haven't gotten my name, address and number. I wonder where they are getting their lists. I assume it's not Disney. Maybe it's from a resale company you purchased from?

bwvmary,

I've never gotten a call or junk mail either. I was just wondering, too, if all these folks had originally bought their points from resale? Of course, it is a matter of public record, since it is a recorded deed. It just seems odd that some folks get bothered and others don't. I'm NOT complaining, you understand!!! Just curious.

I get one of these solicitations every two months or so.

They can get the names from the county courthouse, or wherever the deeds are recorded; they are a matter of public record and thus available to anyone.

We've never received a call or any mail solicitations regarding selling or renting our DVC either. Guess we've just been lucky!

Now if I could just get all those "other" timeshares to quit calling. They always offer "free" gifts or vacations and then acted surprised or insulted that we're not interested. My DH actually talks to them, but I don't. If they get me, I just wait until they stop talking or take a breath and then I say "no, thank you" (Mom raised me to be polite) and hang up - usually while they continue to talk. :D

facebook twitter